LRT = ARRRRRRGHHH!!!! (and if any tool out there even thinks of defending him...)

Remove this Banner Ad

Look he tries hard, but let's face it, he's just simply out of his depth, his negatives far outweigh his positives.

BTW what are his positives? It's def. not taking contested marks, or manning up.

A defenders job isn't to take contested marks, it's to stop their opponent from taking contested marks which is exactly what LRTs positives are. Cloke tore him a new one last night but any defender will tell you that when the ball comes into the 50 the way the pies delivered it in there last night there is very little you can do other than watch your opponent take easy marks.

I'm not trying to make out like he's a superstar because he clearly isn't, he's an average player at best but......... I can't understand why we are discussing LRT when there were so many other pathetic mistakes and skill errors from many other senior players last night. As has been pointed out already... If our midfield do their job then the defence is rarely an issue.

Haha, I love when there's a conversation about LRT and people bring up the '05 grand final, especially the first 2 quarters.
"LRT sucks"
"No he doesn't! He was almost best on ground in the first 2 quarters of a game that was 3 years ago!"
Well said,he had no chance the way the ball went into the Magpie forward line.But he still was shithouse

he looks like a tall lanky goon with no athletic ability at all, and when he has the ball in his hands he looks like hes never seen a footy before. reminds me somewhat of paul chambers....anyone remember him? LRT should go join him..wherever he is these days.

He is coming back from a serious long term injury and he has a go at the ball and trys hard.

Guys if you want to eat your own then you should be barracking for Richmond, cause thats what Richmond supporters do

- swans supporters should be better than that

I don't think anyone would dispute that he has a go and tries hard. He really does. But that's not enough to be an AFL player - you have to have skills as well. He's still hopeless, no matter how hard he tries.

LRT is out of form, lacking confidence and has been trying to do the job of a Malceski or Leo Barry ... he is one of the least gifted players in the game, but always has been ... he is never supposed to be the guy who carries and handballs and sets up play out of defence ... sadly, the team has been carrying injured players, players returning from injury, and players who have lost form and confidence as well ... and we just do not have the depth to cope. LRT's shortcomings have been magnified accordingly. We still have 2 weeks to get everyone around him right, so he can return to his spoiling role. 2005 was really not that long ago, and an awful lot of these guys were part of that.

Irony is that the Swans are probably at their lowest they have been for 10 years ... yet they are still in the playoffs :confused:

... call me silly, but I'm not giving in just yet :cool:... (mind you, I still think they are all playing for the right to be flogged by Geelong in the GF:p)

Bloody hell. The amount of shit LRT cops by Swans supporters is frankly ridiculous. He is not nearly as bad as people make him out to be. OK, he made some pretty bad mistakes against the Pies. That kick to Grundy in the first quarter, yuck. That fumble, which he luckily soccered to Hall who then goaled, that was pretty ugly to watch too. But in most of the other games, he has been OK.

LRT has ALWAYS looked clumsy and awkward. But most of the time, he gets the job done. People say he is slow, well, I disagree. He is actually deceptively quick for a big man. Sure, he's no speedster, but his speed isn't a liability. Aside from the occasional horrible kick, he uses the ball pretty well. And somebody said he never puts in any second efforts, well, I disagree wholeheartedly. I often see him at ground level putting in the hard yards.

It seems to me that people just pick out LRT as a bad player, and then look at his performance through that perspective. It's nice to have a player to blame our poor performances on, but the fact is that nobody is as bad as people make out LRT to be. Sure, he isn't a star. But he is in our best 22, and a LONG way away from being the worst player in the competition.

Now, I know people are just going to say "have you been watching the same number 30 we have?" and all that sarcastic bullshit. I've heard it already. Just think about it next time you watch him.

Bloody hell. The amount of shit LRT cops by Swans supporters is frankly ridiculous. He is not nearly as bad as people make him out to be. OK, he made some pretty bad mistakes against the Pies. That kick to Grundy in the first quarter, yuck. That fumble, which he luckily soccered to Hall who then goaled, that was pretty ugly to watch too. But in most of the other games, he has been OK.

LRT has ALWAYS looked clumsy and awkward. But most of the time, he gets the job done. People say he is slow, well, I disagree. He is actually deceptively quick for a big man. Sure, he's no speedster, but his speed isn't a liability. Aside from the occasional horrible kick, he uses the ball pretty well. And somebody said he never puts in any second efforts, well, I disagree wholeheartedly. I often see him at ground level putting in the hard yards.

It seems to me that people just pick out LRT as a bad player, and then look at his performance through that perspective. It's nice to have a player to blame our poor performances on, but the fact is that nobody is as bad as people make out LRT to be. Sure, he isn't a star. But he is in our best 22, and a LONG way away from being the worst player in the competition.

Now, I know people are just going to say "have you been watching the same number 30 we have?" and all that sarcastic bullshit. I've heard it already. Just think about it next time you watch him.

I completely agree. His mistakes seem to stick out in peoples minds much more than other players do and I think it is mainly to do with his "ungainly" style. People on here don't seem to mind Tadgh turning over the ball as long as he looks good doing it.

well done tedski only one with any football nous the others are all richmond supporters who have run out of nice things to say about there bunch of loosers and hang out on this site to be close to a winning team lrt will be still playing while they are still dreaming of finals

I completely agree. His mistakes seem to stick out in peoples minds much more than other players do and I think it is mainly to do with his "ungainly" style. People on here don't seem to mind Tadgh turning over the ball as long as he looks good doing it.

Tadgh is an absolute student of the game ..................as is LRT coming from the rugby background.
But I ask you all this!

Hands up who cringed when they saw Tadgh get tackled from behind only to do a Kevin Bartlett bounce.........................what was he thinking?

But we still love Tadgh!

Hands up who cringed when they saw Tadgh get tackled from behind only to do a Kevin Bartlett bounce.........................what was he thinking?

That was exactly one of the moments I was referring to. It was far worse than ANYTHING LRT did on Saturday night yet not a single mention of it. It's not the first time he's done it either.

That was exactly one of the moments I was referring to. It was far worse than ANYTHING LRT did on Saturday night yet not a single mention of it. It's not the first time he's done it either.

These guys are all still learning how to play the game. Plenty of improvement left in them yet & when the more senior guys have their ops in the off season, they will be back next year to add some steel once again to give the likes of LRT & co the chance to shine in their own way.

All I remember was that had LRT been fit in the 2006 GF we may have won back to back. That Roos played LRT whilst his foot was clearly not right is an indication of how important to the team Roos thinks he is.

Cast your minds back & he was sadly beaten on the day 'cos the poor guy couldn't move freely.

Anyway.......thems the breaks!

We cannot play this other 'game style'. We have an undersized defense, and unless we play man-on-man hard contested footy, we cannot slow the ball down enough to protect our undersized defense.

We are better off reverting to what we know for the rest of the year, and devising a new game plan over the summer. This will protect the likes of LRT of having to defend lace out passes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We cannot play this other 'game style'. We have an undersized defense, and unless we play man-on-man hard contested footy, we cannot slow the ball down enough to protect our undersized defense.

We are better off reverting to what we know for the rest of the year, and devising a new game plan over the summer. This will protect the likes of LRT of having to defend lace out passes.

Funny, ive always thought that our defence can be abit too tall against some teams. We tend to get ripped apart by talented small forwards as we dont have the defenders to mark them.

Funny, ive always thought that our defence can be abit too tall against some teams. We tend to get ripped apart by talented small forwards as we dont have the defenders to mark them.

We have a team of medium sized defenders for most part. We struggle against the smalls, but do better against the talls. However, we are screwed either way if they ball is coming in fast.

We still really have nobody who can take a number one tall forward in general, especially when the ball is coming in quickly.

We have a team of medium sized defenders for most part. We struggle against the smalls, but do better against the talls. However, we are screwed either way if they ball is coming in fast.

We still really have nobody who can take a number one tall forward in general, especially when the ball is coming in quickly.

I watched some of the Saints game the other day. The way the ball was coming into Riewolt & co left Rutten, who is one big fella, with no chance at all to defend.
Yep! That game was too won by the lack of midfield pressure by Adelaide.
The midfield must be accountable but unfortunately ours may be a little battered & bruised but I'm sure they will at least try to address it if not this week, the first week of the finals!

So it matters not how tall or small our defenders are should we not even get our hands on the ball in the middle!!

I was at the Saints game for the first three quarters. A shiver went down my spine at the roar Harvey got for that goal in the first, a truly memorable moment to have been a part of.

Funny, that you say we can't play another game plan, and yet we've proven in the past ('05 Prelim, '06 Prelim, Round 9, etc.) that we can.

Funny, that you say we can't play another game plan, and yet we've proven in the past ('05 Prelim, '06 Prelim, Round 9, etc.) that we can.

I am suggesting given our current situation, injuries and form etc.

I don't think those games are a different game plan at all. I think they are actually the game plan we have, working the way it is supposed to. (IMO)

Outrageously unfair. With our injuries he has been thrown to the wolves. actually he hasn't played too badly. Until they find another tall who can play CHB he will fill one of the spots in the backline. Even then I think he can fill in the ruck and around the forward line. Despite that i thought supporters supported not wrote the vitriol I've just read!

I am suggesting given our current situation, injuries and form etc.

I don't think those games are a different game plan at all. I think they are actually the game plan we have, working the way it is supposed to. (IMO)

TM I agree. We have been far too conscious, Roos included, in trying to change things around for Collingwood games and indirectly played into their hands and as such have had little or no game structure.

Collingwood are unabashed in stating that their game style is based on the swans game style of 05 / 06. The Swans now with injury to key players and an ageing list perhaps need to review things slightly but not revert to a completely different game style.

Certainly since the mid season break we have not played (4) consistent quarters of football and have allowed sides in atleast one quarter of recent games to dominate without so much as a yelp. Big runs of goals have resulted more recently against Western Bulldogs, Geelong and Collingwood. In reply, with the swans either not scoring, or only goaling in single figures.

We need to return to hard and accountable man-on-man football with (22) contributers all adhering to the "Blood Brothers" creed which will hopefully turn things around quickly starting with Brisbane this week.

TM I agree. We have been far too conscious, Roos included, in trying to change things around for Collingwood games and indirectly played into their hands and as such have had little or no game structure.

Collingwood are unabashed in stating that their game style is based on the swans game style of 05 / 06. The Swans now with injury to key players and an ageing list perhaps need to review things slightly but not revert to a completely different game style.

Certainly since the mid season break we have not played (4) consistent quarters of football and have allowed sides in atleast one quarter of recent games to dominate without so much as a yelp. Big runs of goals have resulted more recently against Western Bulldogs, Geelong and Collingwood. In reply, with the swans either not scoring, or only goaling in single figures.

We need to return to hard and accountable man-on-man football with (22) contributers all adhering to the "Blood Brothers" creed which will hopefully turn things around quickly starting with Brisbane this week.
Do not agree we don't change anything against Collingwood it is the same crap.If they based their gameplan on us in 05/06 i have not seen it.
Collingwood kicked out quick and moved the ball quickly into their forward line,we just held onto it and tried to slow it down from defence the same as always against those rats.
We do not need the bash and crash anymore,not with talents like the Vez lets move forward by trying something different.

I thought Leo very very, very ordinary against Bradshaw. A great servant but the end is near. Time and interpretation of the rules have negated his effectiveness. I will always remember his grab in 05. An all time highlight.

Remove this Banner Ad

LRT = ARRRRRRGHHH!!!! (and if any tool out there even thinks of defending him...)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back