Luckiest player to ever play in a Premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Ted Pellitts said:
Aaron keating, or as the bomber fans would claim, any of the kangaroos players who won in 1996 or 1999

Jeez
Why were we lucky?
Coz you F**kheads didn't make it?
Well maybe you didn't make it coz you lost to a crap side
named Carlton "the salary breaching f**khead" Blues
And then we won.
Remember, we did play in 7 straight prelims!
I dont think you can called us lucky

fahmi said:
Jeez
Why were we lucky?
And then we won.
bombers would definately have beat you in 99, and were a 50/50 chance in 96 as well. certainly a better chance than the swans given the swans played thier granny the week before.

and i never used the world "lucky" thats your own manifestation.

maccas_no1 said:
Without a doubt Aaron Keating in 1997, 3 AFL games total.
mind you in one of those three games he looked a good prospect.

but a pelvis injury pretty much ended his career

Ted Pellitts said:
mind you in one of those three games he looked a good prospect.

but a pelvis injury pretty much ended his career

If Pittman hadnt got suspended for the Preliminary Final Keating would have never played in that GF. Keating was lucky that he played well in the PF and that Modra did his knee.

fahmi said:
Jeez
Why were we lucky?
And then we won.

What an overeaction to a reasonably unfair comment ! settle down its just a game a bit of fun. Enjoy football don't live it.

shannon motlop......cam mooney.......shane clayton......all @ that time very lucky players.....too play in a flag in 1999 !!

Aaron Keating by that far it's not funny, in my time anyway. I know Cam Mooney was lucky so early in his career but at least he looked like he was going to make a player and ended up doing so. Keating was never going to make it, was there solely for insurance.

MOJOE said:
Hird was carried? By whom? I can only find one occaison where Hird was 'carried'...

hird_040900-4.jpg

Arent Wally and JJ good blokes!

Now Eddie, please answer the question. How many premierships has Buckley played in?

beautifully put.

eddie, you truly are a coc ksmoker.
:)

stmookeyj said:
Aaron Keating, or for that matter the 20 other players in a Crows jumper that year.

Still smarting over that huh... :p , but yes Keating wins it hands down imo... if memory serves me correctly , he played for Norwood in the SANFL grand final the following weekend and won a flag in that as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dA Crow said:
Still smarting over that huh... :p , but yes Keating wins it hands down imo... if memory serves me correctly , he played for Norwood in the SANFL grand final the following weekend and won a flag in that as well.
He did, Lucky twice in a week i guess.

The thing that got me the most about Keating was at the 97 GF celebrations was he was carrying on like he won the game off his own boot. The pratt had three hit outs and gave away a free and that was it. Did pretty much sweet FA for Norwood the next week if I'm not mistaken.

scarecrow2k1 said:
William James of Richmond played one game, kicked one goal, one premiership
Was a late inclusion for a grand final, played that game, and shot himself in the foot in a hunting accident in the off season and never played again
Very good. :D
After reading that I am not even going to read on in this thread. I doubt it can be topped.

slugger said:
Mario Bortolotto for back-to-back in '81-82

Not too many Essendon supporters would think North didn't richly deserve the '96 flag. We were no hope. Also wasn't their fault we stuffed up in '99.

Yes mario is right up there an the fact that he got two puts him in the special class.

But i reckon a guy called Daryl Freame who played in the 1980 Richmond team gets the nod. i follow the tigers and i was around then - at the game and still don't know how he got a game. Classic case of being carried in a great team.

DAWS #7 said:
shannon motlop......cam mooney.......shane clayton......all @ that time very lucky players.....too play in a flag in 1999 !!

I think the vast majority of our 1999 side was lucky, Carlton played their premiership getting to that game when they were largely written off every game during the finals, they did a fantastic job to make it but they looked knackered and despire a great start didn't have any fuel in the tank to play four quarters.

Carey didn't do much in the game other than have Silvagni holding onto him like a newborn babe clutching a breast and drawing out the entire Carlton defense onto him whenever the ball went forwards.

Mooney would have to take the cake because his 2 seconds of fame helped Carlton more than it did us. The other bench warmers didn't do a whole much more but that was largely due to them not being needed. Pagan wasn't one to rotate unless it was needed and other than giving young players a sniff, if they didn't play well when given their rare chance he was quick to bench them.

Mooney is a good player, he was just a bunny caught in the high beams in 99.

^^ Ahh, yes. Forgot about Clay Sampson, he was a dead set hack. Very ********en lucky. Seem to be hearing a few names from Adelaide's 97\98 teams, makes you wonder just how the hell they won two flags. It's still got me beat. McLeod and Jarman I suppose.

scarecrow2k1 said:
William James of Richmond played one game, kicked one goal, one premiership
Was a late inclusion for a grand final, played that game, and shot himself in the foot in a hunting accident in the off season and never played again
Can any one tell me what year this was?
Also I reckon the other 19 Carlton players alongside Teddy Hopkins in 1970 were pretty lucky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Luckiest player to ever play in a Premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back