Luckiest player to ever play in a Premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Now im not saying he's a dud.. but Martin Pike.. f*ck he is lucky..

Doesn't deserve the four premierships? thats for other opinion. But I think we all agree hes been at the right place at the right time. He won't win another though.. count on that! :)

Luke Logan said:
hardwick-04
Damien Hardwick
2 Premierships 2000 and 2004
6 Minor Premierships 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
2 Pre season Premierships 2000, 2002
1 B&F at Essendon in 1998
1 all Australian in 2000

Lucky bastard hey?

magic51 said:
Shane Ellen for adelaide in 97

you ignoramus...the barron years have certainly dulled your lot's senses

how can a player be "lucky to play in a premiership" when he kicked 5 goals...(3 from the half back flank) in 1997...................and then backed up the following year and won another flag.

Shane Ellen = Duel premiership player

Magic51 = dunce

stmookeyj said:
Aaron Keating, .
spot on - his 3rd AFL game was a premiership......was only in the side because Blighty wanted to expose a lack of height. He went on to only play another 3 AFL games. !!!
6 games for 1 flag ....and couldn't out-ruck my Nanna. :rolleyes:

stmookeyj said:
or for that matter the 20 other players in a Crows jumper that year.

You absolute tool !...........You must be seething after the AFC denied you lot 2 Grand Finals.......too many ********ers of the calibre of Libber in those teams......absolute passengers who thought they were better than they were. To say the rest of the team were lucky to play in a premiership - when most of them backed up the next year for their second premiership medal (after bending you lot over in the Prelim), just goes to show how twisted with envy you still are.

Mad Dog said:
you ignoramus...the barron years have certainly dulled your lot's senses

how can a player be "lucky to play in a premiership" when he kicked 5 goals...(3 from the half back flank) in 1997...................and then backed up the following year and won another flag.

Shane Ellen = Duel premiership player

Magic51 = dunce

Hear hear

I wouldn’t mind 22 Adelaide crows footballers being that lucky next season, and anyone who says they don’t want the same for their own club is a liar

We definitely had some lucky players in 1997. Although it should be noted that everyone saying the entire team was lucky are either Dogs fans of Saints fans. Their premiership total combined is equal to our output from those two years and of course we beat the Saints for one flag and the Dogs in two prelims. Me thinks it's a case of sour grapes (or they were joking and didn't make it clear). I reckon our 1997 win made us the luckiest team to win one in recent history considering we did have a few ordinary players and were missing some good players (namely Ricciuto and Modra). But 1998 proved a lot.
With that said...Aaron Keating definitely. Six career games, third game was a flag. Ben Marsh in 1998 was also lucky. Blight was hellbent both years on going into the game with three talls (Rehn, Pittman and the two aforementioned in alternate years).
To name Shane Ellen is just stupid. He was a fairly good player, but like the rest of the team came up on the day as a surprise. Ellen essentially summed up the Crows on that day because everyone went, "where the hell did that come from?" for both the team and Ellen.
Hadley was lucky considering the stage of his career, but he'll be pretty good.

Vic Crow said:
We definitely had some lucky players in 1997. Although it should be noted that everyone saying the entire team was lucky are either Dogs fans of Saints fans. ...
In some ways they are correct the dogs chocked in 97, the saints had more significant injuries in the gf, but whatever ...

feher said:
In some ways they are correct the dogs chocked in 97, the saints had more significant injuries in the gf, but whatever ...
I see what you're saying. It doesn't make the players on the team lucky to play in a premiership side though. Many were very worthy players.
I would argue that we had more significant injuries though. Smeh, why go into it now though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

feher said:
..tell me who was out for the Saints ?????...Spider Idiott suspended...who else of note ?

Out for Adelaide

Modra...Coleman Medalist that year
Riccuitto...3rd in Brownlow from memory
Liptak
Tregenza
Vardy

all starting 18 players in '97

I don't think it's accurate to say the Saints had more significant injuries

Mad Dog said:
..tell me who was out for the Saints ?????...Spider Idiott suspended...who else of note ?

Out for Adelaide

Modra...Coleman Medalist that year
Riccuitto...3rd in Brownlow from memory
Liptak
Tregenza
Vardy

all starting 18 players in '97

I don't think it's accurate to say the Saints had more significant injuries
here is two to start with:

everrit and joel smith

Now if a saint supporter would like to list the rest ... While i can't list the rest, i can remember them having key players out, and from memory at the time they were more important. I also would not add liptak or tregenza, even in 97!

Tim56 said:
Richard Hadley is one of them. Looks like a good player, but obviously lucky.

he actually earnt his spot man, the lions could have played 3 premiership players instead but chose to play him so he didnt really slip under the guard of the Lions selection commitee.

feher said:
here is two to start with:

everrit and joel smith

Now if a saint supporter would like to list the rest ... While i can't list the rest, i can remember them having key players out, and from memory at the time they were more important. I also would not add liptak or tregenza, even in 97!
I went thru the list - like I said - Spider was suspended...and Joel Smith was the only other starting 18 player missing..did his knee again I think

Back then Liptak and Trengenza were starting 18 players....both sides had a few out but the comment that "the saints had more significant injuries in the gf" is not right

Mad Dog said:
Back then Liptak and Trengenza were starting 18 players....both sides had a few out but the comment that "the saints had more significant injuries in the gf" is not right
here is the saints list in 97:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~skewes/saints/players1997.html

Their number 2 ruckman was Lazar Vidovic, he was also out, leaving Cook and Sierakowski to do the ruck job. Shane Wakelin was also out and Matthew Young (18 games in 97, 2 full seasons in 98, 99). Maybe were out due to injury: Daniel Healy

Oh and Everritt was out through injury not suspension, if you were suggesting that.

Lets not forget the saints were favouried to win, Spider, Young, Wakelin and Smith were all key injuries in 97.

Draft Pick said:
You're asking for it with a reply like that. I am a Bulldogs supporter, lets move on !

Sounds like you haven't moved on - your still crying about the 97 PF.
Ha still carry the scars. :D
Build a bridge and get over it.
Better still - DONT

Do you still have your GF ticket that you purchased at half time? :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Luckiest player to ever play in a Premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back