Luke hodge vs gary ablett

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Hunt is a better kick than Ablett, Ablett is still the better footballer.

It's a shame Hodge couldn't get the Hawks over the line in those 6 or so losses in a row.

Without him we would have lost those games by allot more.

Btw, he often gets Hawthorn over the line....just like last night and the 08 GF.:thumbsu:

Ablett shows again that he is incomparable. Thompson sacrificed a lot of his game to keep him in the forward line for most of the 2nd half, still gets 10 touches and is key to victory. 32 touches, 1 goal.

Victim of his own massive standards when schmucks will tell you he had an ordinary day. Whereas a quiet, ineffective Hodge gets a pass for 20 touches.

Hodge had a poor game by his standards this year, yet was still easily better than Ablett.

An interesting stat I came accross - to half time, Ablett had 22 possessions, with a net gain of 6m.

To put that in context, Rioli's first minute of the game (playing on Ablett) was more valuable than Ablett's first half. Despite 30+ touches, Ablett was ineffectual, and only played a small cameo.

So for this week at least, Hodge > Ablett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Ablett stat was posted up on BF somewhere, linked from an online article. So guessing either Champ Data or Pro-Stats was the original source.

The Rioli comment was mine from watching the game.

Hodge had a poor game by his standards this year, yet was still easily better than Ablett.

No. How can you even pretend?

An interesting stat I came accross - to half time, Ablett had 22 possessions, with a net gain of 6m.

To put that in context, Rioli's first minute of the game (playing on Ablett) was more valuable than Ablett's first half. Despite 30+ touches, Ablett was ineffectual, and only played a small cameo.

So for this week at least, Hodge > Ablett.

So where is Hodge's net gain?

What a silly stat to base a comparison on.

I didn't see Hodge hit up one leading forward at all yesterday. Most of his kicks into the f50 fell into the arms of Cat defenders, or were helicopters to nobody. Whilst he got 20 touches, he did nothing with them.

FYI I didn't think Ablett did much either. Bit out of form at the moment is Gaz, doesn't seem to be having the impact on games he was the last few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke hodge vs gary ablett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back