Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember when Freo traded Lachie Weller for pick two? Good times. Everyone laughed at that one, but we were reminded that he was a teens pick a couple of years earlier and had been pretty promising so the trade wasn't that bad.
Incredible the difference being a contracted player makes.

I've gotta say, much of this thread is hysterically underrating Luke Jackson.

He is already a very good ruck. How many rucks are very good by the time they hit 20? How many rucks players tear up a Grand Final at the age of 19?

Referring to his stats is stupid, because how many rucks are best 22 locks at his age? I can recall Grundy and Nic Nat in the past decade. So that's uhh... 2 of the best rucks of the past decade?

Jackson compares reasonably well to both of them at the same age, despite being stuck behind arguably the best ruck the game has seen (which, in fairness, as was Nic Nat).

It will probably get done for 2 mid-late firsts, and it will be a very good deal for Freo. I have no idea why he is being so ludicrously underrated in here, though. He's going to be a special player.
It will likely get done for 2 mid-late first rounders because that's our available trade currency.

Fremantle fans - Yes!! We will get Luke Jackson and pay him a million a year for Seven years, the greatest coup of all time - but he's not worth anything in trade value......
Melbourne fans: we are going to low ball him against what he is valued elsewhere but want the first three picks in the draft for a trade deal....

It will likely get done for 2 mid-late first rounders because that's our available trade currency.
I remember when Tom Mitchell was leaving Sydney and Hawks had pick 14 everyone was like no way that get's it done - worth a top 5 pick etc etc

Anyway, Mitchell went to Hawks for pick 14 and swapped some later stuff around.

It still amuses me when fans think a club will trade a pick they don't have - as if Pick 5 will fall from the sky. hahahaa

I remember when Tom Mitchell was leaving Sydney and Hawks had pick 14 everyone was like no way that get's it done - worth a top 5 pick etc etc

Anyway, Mitchell went to Hawks for pick 14 and swapped some later stuff around.

It still amuses me when fans think a club will trade a pick they don't have - as if Pick 5 will fall from the sky. hahahaa
Not sure i understand your logic. I think we can all think of trades where a pick was traded that wasn't there before the trade period started. I recall a time we were trying to get Steven May, but it would only be for a top 10 pick, which we didn't have. Luckily one found it's way into our lap....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at this year’s draft the best player is f/s. Also pick 2 will be a Vic kid. Surely you’d take the 20yo WA kid who has 50 games experience, a rising star and a premiership to his name.
They’ll more likely split the pick.
I think that is highly unlikely. If they make a play for Jackson it could be by downgrading 2, or Jackson and your f1.

Fremantle fans - Yes!! We will get Luke Jackson and pay him a million a year for Seven years, the greatest coup of all time - but he's not worth anything in trade value......
I’d love a link of Freo posters in here that are happy to pay Jackson anywhere near that level of contract. Hell, see if you can find Freo posters that are ecstatic about Jackson full stop.

Additionally how many Freo posters in here are saying it will be less then our two firsts with something minor back? That’s a big haul, bigger than anything else of late.

Your original claim he’s worth 3 top 3 picks is just completely ridiculous. There is no player ever worth that

Yes, I can read however I’d have to question whether you were sentient if you really think Darling would be an attractive prospect to anyone. None of the Eagles older players hold any currency at all.
Clubs would trade for Darling, guy only just turned 30 and will kick 35-40 goals a year.
Also I wouldn't straight swap Allen for Jackson either. Do you even watch West coast?

Clubs would trade for Darling, guy only just turned 30 and will kick 35-40 goals a year.
Also I wouldn't straight swap Allen for Jackson either. Do you even watch West coast?
Darling is no better than TMac or Ben Brown, they need a serious upgrade on their forward stocks.

I wouldn’t either, however the argument would be made that he’s yet to set the world on fire. He looks great though.

I do, I watch most games actually. West Coast least of all admittedly this year however Allen didn’t get on the park and Darling didn’t set the world on fire so I’m not sure I had to watch to gain further insight.

FWIW I don’t think Jackson is worth as much as has been suggested here, my comment was just a throwaway to feed the narrative. I’m saying that though, he would be great for the Eagles list profile and would add a dynamic point of difference for Fremantle.

I might be in the minority, but I’d gladly give up pick 2 for Jackson. Ideally we find a way to not have to do it but I’d be quite happy.

West Coast clearly just needs elite talent on the list. One way or the other I think it happens.

Jackson provides an answer post Nic, has 50 games under his belt and is yet to turn 21 so unlike Kelly isn’t even close to entering his prime as a ruck. He’s played under Gawn and an apprenticeship with Nic over the next 2 years would be a perfect handover similar to when Cox was coming to the end.

Personally, I think he heads to freo anyway. If they have convinced him his best footy is a Mark Blicavs floating type then by all means I’d be keen to see it.

I might be in the minority, but I’d gladly give up pick 2 for Jackson. Ideally we find a way to not have to do it but I’d be quite happy.

West Coast clearly just needs elite talent on the list. One way or the other I think it happens.

Jackson provides an answer post Nic, has 50 games under his belt and is yet to turn 21 so unlike Kelly isn’t even close to entering his prime as a ruck. He’s played under Gawn and an apprenticeship with Nic over the next 2 years would be a perfect handover similar to when Cox was coming to the end.

Personally, I think he heads to freo anyway. If they have convinced him his best footy is a Mark Blicavs floating type then by all means I’d be keen to see it.
It definitely makes sense apart from the small detail that you guys are so bereft of emerging youth across the list.

If you can split the pick for a couple of mid first rounders and grab Jackson for one of them and a mid with other it would be a good move. But you may also be locking yourselves out of trading in players due to salary cap.

After Kelly I would expect you guys to be very cautious about overpaying for any trade. And so will we.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back