Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. The Sydney youngsters seem to develop quicker than other players from the same draft class.
They all look like players who have been in the system for 5-6 years

These guys must do a hell of a good job...

Head Conditioning Coach: Rob Spurrs
Strength Coach: Damien Austin
Conditioning Coach: Matt Pine
Physical Preparation Coordinator: James Green
Conditioning Assistant: Michael Rennie
Conditioning Assistant: Stephen Kelly

I'd be interested to know how much Sydney pays these guys. With clubs now getting taxed on their total football spending and the so-called "rich" clubs such as Collingwood and Hawthorn going through a period where they're being forced into making cutbacks, it seems extraordinary to me that Sydney have six guys conditioning their players.

I guess the results speak for themselves. Money well spent

Sydney football spending was a little less than Collingwood and Freo, a touch more than Geelong and West Coast. That includes our higher wage bill (COLA plus 600k veterans pay) though.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2013-club-reporting-season-all-clubs-now-complete.1037934/

You can't fit everyone in and its subjective. I get it. Parker had a fantastic year so just grasping for options to fit him in.

Matthews said it best last night. "He's had an AA year but who do you leave out".

I know you usually need a few quality seasons in a row to get picked so I know he'll feature a few times in his career.

True. Even if he doesn't improve and plays another year as good as this year he'll probably make it next year.

Won about 50 best and fairest medals in a row as a junior. Was always going to be a gun. Talked up as a top 10 pick the year before his draft age but didn't get it done in the lead-up to the draft and fell way beyond where he should've.

Whichever club picked him up where always gong to get a gun. Sydney were the lucky ones.

I think Parker desperately wants to win this years premiership almost as much as McGlynn and Rohan as Parker was the sub in 2012 and he didn't play that many minutes. Yes he was in the game but I get the feeling in interviews that he really didn't feel a part of the victory sort of like Cameron Mooney in 1999.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don't get how he slipped so far in the draft, absolute gun. Was touted highly and seemed like every bloke and his dog on Bigfooty wanted to draft him. What weaknesses did he have at junior level that made him so undraftable? Perceptions that he didn't have much improvement because he was ready made?
The story after the draft was that recruiters saw that he was a great inside player but were concerned that that may have been primarily down to his relative size and strength compared to the other teenagers he was playing against. Given that he wasn't particularly known for his kicking or his speed they thought he may not have much to offer when he came up against bigger bodied men. Seems they were wrong.

Overrated, good on him, but I doubt he's be good at a battling, low tier team.like St Kikda or Melbourne..

Frankly Bryce Gibbs Deserved an AA spot before Parker but you don't hear us Blues fans whinging about his omission.

Also the SCG Swans window cleaners haven't got enough credit for the job they do, how about it ???

Overrated, good on him, but I doubt he's be good at a battling, low tier team.like St Kikda or Melbourne..

Frankly Bryce Gibbs Deserved an AA spot before Parker but you don't hear us Blues fans whinging about his omission.

Also the SCG Swans window cleaners haven't got enough credit for the job they do, how about it ???

And you had so many other threads to chose to post in after getting pissed on prelim final day...

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back