Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Parker desperately wants to win this years premiership almost as much as McGlynn and Rohan as Parker was the sub in 2012 and he didn't play that many minutes. Yes he was in the game but I get the feeling in interviews that he really didn't feel a part of the victory sort of like Cameron Mooney in 1999.

that's understandable, he'll definitely value the 2014 premiership (if we win it) more than 2012. he didnt really have a significant impact, but then again, neither did mummy, or jude Bolton for that matter.

it means that much more when you're an integral part of the side

Overrated, good on him, but I doubt he's be good at a battling, low tier team.like St Kikda or Melbourne..

Frankly Bryce Gibbs Deserved an AA spot before Parker but you don't hear us Blues fans whinging about his omission.

Also the SCG Swans window cleaners haven't got enough credit for the job they do, how about it ???

booooo

do you even watch footy?

luke Parker is already a better player than brice gibbs, and how long has he been around for?

we might offer gibbs a contract, to carry parkers bags around.

also, swans cant really take credit for luke parker. the guy was born to play, and was guaranteed to be a star as soon as he stepped foot in the club.

weve probably fast tracked his development, but he was always going to be a star. hes just lucky he didnt end up at melbourne or st kilda

also, swans cant really take credit for luke parker. the guy was born to play, and was guaranteed to be a star as soon as he stepped foot in the club.

weve probably fast tracked his development, but he was always going to be a star. hes just lucky he didnt end up at melbourne or st kilda

Who do you rate higher out of him and Hannebery? I reckon Hanners is just as good but no-one seems to mention him behind JPK and Parker these days

Who do you rate higher out of him and Hannebery? I reckon Hanners is just as good but no-one seems to mention him behind JPK and Parker these days
He got all the wraps in the world in 2012 but his presence probably hasn't been as important this year

Difference this year is Hanners missed a few games and Parker and Kennedy never missed a beat (until JPK was rested last 2 weeks of H&A)
Hanners is back to his best now and I'd still have him slightly ahead of Parker with more outside skills, both love the inside work and I'd have Parker ahead when forward.

Hard to split them, but like the taco ad says, "why can't we have both?"
Oh wait, we do :thumbsu:

Saw him play one of his very first games for Swans ressies and happy to piss in my own pocket and say that I called him a gun from a few passages of play from that game.

Mind you I'm also the bloke who said very early in the piece that Paul Kelly would struggle to be a regular AFL level player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw him play one of his very first games for Swans ressies and happy to piss in my own pocket and say that I called him a gun from a few passages of play from that game.

Mind you I'm also the bloke who said very early in the piece that Paul Kelly would struggle to be a regular AFL level player.
To be fair, you weren't the only one to say that about Kelly at the beginning.

Hanners has been a bit down this year, injury has limited his influence somewhat. So based on 2014, I have Parker ahead of him, and I think Parker will be the better player. But in saying that, they're slightly different players, and if Hanners was 100% (or close to) there wouldn't be much between them.

With these two, it's a case of who wants to push themselves harder. They both have the talent and determination, but it's that extra 1 or 2% that one is willing to give, that the other doesn't that would separate the two. I think they're both pretty determined individuals so I'd be choosing at my own peril.

Why doesn't this guy get the accolades he deserves?
At 24 years, he has yet to embark on his best years in the game and he's already one of the best midfielders in the game.
Takes marks and kicks goals.
He will have a field day in these conditions tonight.

At 24 years, he has yet to embark on his best years in the game and he's already one of the best midfielders in the game.

Setting him up to fail! :p

Goes missing in big games a little too regularly for mine.

Also our 3rd choice ruck man..

Must say, I had no idea he's only 24. Feels like he's been around forever. Wow. Plenty of upside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back