Player Watch Luke Pedlar

Will Luke Pedlar be in at the first centre bounce of the 2024 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

His body doesn't seem up to it. Getting close to bust territory if he can't get a consistent run of games.

How culpable are the recruiters here? I'm conflicted. On the one hand he's been unlucky with injury. Then again, he was also recruited having been laid off with injury in his draft year.

He’s had a decent run with injury hasn’t he in the latter part of the season?

Next year is the key, he needs to play a decent amount of AFL.

The interesting part is where and in place of who. Sloane unfortunately has to come in. Hopefully we get Rankine. Rachelle has to play. Taylor looks like a real player and will get games.

From last nights team, Rowe will be gone, so that leaves Murphy as most vulnerable but that’s only 2 spots. McHenry regrettably has a mortgage on a spot, so will be interesting.

Pedlar needs to develop into a mid not a forward though, with Rankine we can’t have used 3 top 10 picks on small forwards.

Milera needs to be moved out of half forward, I can understand them doing it as they tried to easy him back into football, but he needs ti be moved up the ground given his delivery. I’d play him wing and if he’s not going to work his arse off he plays sanfl. He’s a shit defender so don’t want him at half back.

Too early to declare him a bust, but definitely time for concern. This coming preseason is massive for him.
Yep. I agree. Hopefully he gets midfield time and he's not another genuine midfielder who gets burnt in the wasteland that is HFF.

Huh????

are you confused about which draft he was taken in?

Same draft as Thilthorpe. Bruhn and Powell are stand outs as a miss as an alternative. I agree though he is running out of chances. he needs a good pre season and a solid year pushing for selection. If he is unable to make an impact next year and has continued injury problems I think that would be it.

Overall though, Pedlar looks like he has some real talent. Can't blame Ogilvie for injury issues.

Hopefully gets a full preseason under the belt and can attack 2023 with a sound base.

He offers something different to our other midfielders and has some genuine forward craft too.

We need him to succeed. Whether his body lets him? In Burgess we trust

Same draft as Thilthorpe. Bruhn and Powell are stand outs as a miss as an alternative. I agree though he is running out of chances. he needs a good pre season and a solid year pushing for selection. If he is unable to make an impact next year and has continued injury problems I think that would be it.

Overall though, Pedlar looks like he has some real talent. Can't blame Ogilvie for injury issues.
Powell’s proven nothing to suggest we should have taken him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there's no injury history prior to the draft, then no you can't.

If the player brings a known injury history into the draft though? Certainly can.
Hindsight is 20/20.

Jake Lever slipped to 14 because of his ACL and that pick now looks genius. Did the recruiters really know he’d get his body right or was it a gamble that paid off?

Freo did bloody well out of that draft. Chapman and NOD will both be very good players for a long time
Brandon Walker at 50 isn't a bad selection either. They also got Serong, Young and Frederick in 2019 (not sold on Henry). If Amiss from 2021 comes along, then that's three drafts which they have smashed to set them up to be up there for a while.

Thought Luke was much better on the weekend especially his kicking...the talents there.
He hit McAsey twice down the line which is saying a lot.

Commentator on the SANFL was bang on when Pedlar sprayed a prime opportunity for a point - said he needs to learn to just slow and balance for his last couple of paces. He tries to blast the ball whilst running like a shower of shit rather than taking a step or two to balance.

This will come with time hopefully.

Bruhn would have been gone after 2 years. Already looks VIC bound. Powell has been good but also quite inconsistent and injured as well.

This preseason under burgess is a big one for pedlar for sure. Get it right and his body right then he should be banging the door down to get into the side

Marchbank pick 6
Ahern pick 7
Wright pick 8
Cockatoo pick 10
Duggan pick 11
Cory Ellis pick 12
Weller pick 13

Lever slipped to 14 because of his ACL, taking that gamble while other teams picked those guys appears in hindsight to be a very smart decision.

They’re guys who went before.

Lever plays a cheap position, cheaply. He was a good pick but not earth shattering

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Luke Pedlar

Back