Player Watch Luke Pedlar

Will Luke Pedlar be in at the first centre bounce of the 2024 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha, just read the posts from August.

You weren't that bad TBF, you asked some pointed questions but it's just too early for everyone to say if he will make it or not.

I'm sure you'll be as happy as the rest of us if he can play like he did today at AFL.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
The term Usual Suspects is thrown around as if its a group of posters who share the same view on everything, which is nonsense.

Explosive is absolutely the word you'd use to describe him. His burst of speed to follow up his own errant handball in that last passage was awesome.
Exactly. This is why he should not be used as a pure midfielder. He is a forward/midfielder with draft comparisons to Toby Greene and we should play him as such, on the RHFF taking forward stoppages, with dynamic bursts in the centre.

Explosive is absolutely the word you'd use to describe him. His burst of speed to follow up his own errant handball in that last passage was awesome.
he was in beast mode that whole quarter obviously had some jungle juice at the long break

Settle down, he had 12 touches and appeared to get injured again (didn’t play much or any of the 4th qtr). He has always looked good in small patches, but if he can’t stay on the park (note: he couldn’t do this as a junior either), it’s a major problem.
Yes. I don't recall seeing posts complaining that he's a dud pick who lacks talent. He's just struggled to get fit and there's been a trend of repeated injuries. It's only sensible to be concerned about that.

I think we all got excited when he was trying to bust through packs, using pace, tackling hard and using that raking (and accurate) left foot.

If he brings that to AFL and stays fit, he will be a gun

Exactly. This is why he should not be used as a pure midfielder. He is a forward/midfielder with draft comparisons to Toby Greene and we should play him as such, on the RHFF taking forward stoppages, with dynamic bursts in the centre.
Just as long as he's not a pure forward. Not that our midfield is horribly slow these days but it's still lacking the explosive pace Pedlar can provide.

I think we all got excited when he was trying to bust through packs, using pace, tackling hard and using that raking (and accurate) left foot.

If he brings that to AFL and stays fit, he will be a gun
Out of curiosity, why is it only left-footers that ever seem to have "raking" kicks? I don't think I've ever heard a single right-footed kick described as "raking", but lefties can't seem to avoid it!? :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty well exactly what Godden just said on SEN . “ we are developing him as an explosive forward with the ability to have run through the midfield”

Pretty well exactly what Godden just said on SEN . “ we are developing him as an explosive forward with the ability to have run through the midfield”
Should come straight in for Murphy then in round 1 next year then.

I have been optimistic that Pedlar would eventually get his body right and establish himself into our starting 22. He could be that point of difference in the midfield that we are lacking.

Should come straight in for Murphy then in round 1 next year then.

I have been optimistic that Pedlar would eventually get his body right and establish himself into our starting 22. He could be that point of difference in the midfield that we are lacking.
Yep, even better would be Keays

I think Keays will keep his spot.

But looking at our potential small forwards for round 1 side next year vs our round 22 side this year and it is like chalk and cheese

Out - Murphy, Rowe, Mchenry
In - Rachelle, Rankine, Pedlar

Sure, but none of them play mid minutes, we need Pedlar to be the clearance beast who carries the ball from the contest and kicks it 50m.

He won't be ready round 1 to replace Keays, but he might be in the team round 1.

IIRC he has made the round 1 team each year? Or close to.

Yes, so if he was capable of getting fit he'd be approaching 50 games. Where is he at?

Our best case is that we get a rookie season out of him in year 3.

That's a sh*t take. Sorry, but it is.

Because Luke is the first player ever to struggle with the demands of AFL footy in his second year on a list.

I'd say he is tracking just fine.

OMG, he's not a hall of famer after less than two years from being drafted. DELIST...

That's a sh*t take. Sorry, but it is.

Because Luke is the first player ever to struggle with the demands of AFL footy in his second year on a list.

I'd say he is tracking just fine.

OMG, he's not a hall of famer after less than two years from being drafted. DELIST...

If you could stop looking for things to get upset and grand stand about, you might do better.

No one has made the argument you're claiming. What they have said is that his inability to get fit is a cause for concern. We're worse off by his not having played than we would be if he had played. This is not only uncontroversial, it's obvious.

Player Watch Luke Pedlar

Back