Lukey McGuane! [2012 Thread]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't see the point in worrying whether McGuane is good, bad or indifferent as a talent, but, rather what role he will play and what he can offer to the team.
Despite some limitations which have been discussed already at great length. He can offer elite strength. (Bench presses more than anyone else in the team.. last year as well) A pretty good pair of hands. Excellent attack on the ball and man and appears to be fearless with his own body. (Have seen him throw himself headlong into the goal post to save a score.)
I can't claim to know what Dimma is thinking, but I can see him perhaps playing a role somewhat like Jarrod Molloy played in the nearly successful Collingwood teams of the nineties.
He was never there as a high goal scoring forward, but rather a massive presence, throwing his weight around, screening, making space for the more talented forwards. Never got the accolades he deserved I reckon. Jack would be a much more effective forward if his opponents every week have to worry about where the other bloke is and if he's going to hurt them. I reckon Max Rooke occasionally did this at Geelong as well. Not sure McGuane is the man for this job, but he might be the closest we've got.

Don't see you on the list in his place
I played football from 15-26 years of age,If i was born into a reasonably well to do family where i didnt have to start work full time when i was 15 and in todays school football structure - You probably would have

But thats besides the point, you dont need to play afl to know a spud when you see one & I have been watching this spud F*** it up for 8 years , I suppose my expectations from our players is a few rungs higher than yours

Please Continue

I played football from 15-26 years of age,If i was born into a reasonably well to do family where i didnt have to start work full time when i was 15 and in todays school football structure - You probably would have

But thats besides the point, you dont need to play afl to know a spud when you see one & I have been watching this spud F*** it up for 8 years , I suppose my expectations from our players is a few rungs higher than yours

Please Continue

Please dont...please dont keep going on ad infinitum post after post about McGuane...we get it...
Its like listening to a broken record reading your McGuane name calling posts...
Its been the same vitriolic name calling over and over again...no variation and you offer nothing original...we all get it...Its not like we dont...
How about you use a little intelligence and try something new...actually explaining in your posts why according to you McGuane should not be playing...
Why McGuane is undeserving of a position in the side...and why his past games for the club are inadequate to earn him a place in the side...
You never know you might have a convincing argument to put up...even convince a few more of the BF posters to support you...
Heck you may even convince me as well...I'm up for it...but vitriol do not of themselves an argument make...
As it currently reads your Posts are the same old same old..a broken record that one just stops listening to...and turns a deaf ear and blind eye to..
Its the nonsense i/we all would expect to hear from opposition one eyed supporters...even Trolls...not a supposedly tiger supporter...
I personally find your repetitive McGuane name calling embarrassing...childish and unproductive for discussion...
I played Football as well...so what...in fact regardless of the result...win lose or draw...i enjoyed playing footy with my mates...
It may well come as a suprise to you that your not on your lonesome when it comes to expectations about our team and players..
Where you are on your own is with your vitriolic name calling of Richmond players in particular Luke McGuane..
I object to your disgusting name calling of Richmond players...it reveals more about you than it does about Luke McGuane...

Please dont...please dont keep going on ad infinitum post after post about McGuane...we get it...
Its like listening to a broken record reading your McGuane name calling posts...
Its been the same vitriolic name calling over and over again...no variation and you offer nothing original...we all get it...Its not like we dont...
How about you use a little intelligence and try something new...actually explaining in your posts why according to you McGuane should not be playing...
Why McGuane is undeserving of a position in the side...and why his past games for the club are inadequate to earn him a place in the side...
You never know you might have a convincing argument to put up...even convince a few more of the BF posters to support you...
Heck you may even convince me as well...I'm up for it...but vitriol do not of themselves an argument make...
As it currently reads your Posts are the same old same old..a broken record that one just stops listening to...and turns a deaf ear and blind eye to..
Its the nonsense i/we all would expect to hear from opposition one eyed supporters...even Trolls...not a supposedly tiger supporter...
I personally find your repetitive McGuane name calling embarrassing...childish and unproductive for discussion...
I played Football as well...so what...in fact regardless of the result...win lose or draw...i enjoyed playing footy with my mates...
It may well come as a suprise to you that your not on your lonesome when it comes to expectations about our team and players..
Where you are on your own is with your vitriolic name calling of Richmond players in particular Luke McGuane..
I object to your disgusting name calling of Richmond players...it reveals more about you than it does about Luke McGuane...

FFS - If i need to tell you about all the stupid questions you have just asked - You really have never watched a Richmond Game !!!!

8 Years of the sh!t he has put up is well and truly enough, Every single question you have asked has been explained time and time again on this thread with you defending this fool as a legitimate afl player

He was offered up for trade every year and not 1 other club even considered him
He was a free agent and looked around but - NOTHING and had to sign for peanuts

Even Brett Thornton & Warnock got chances at GWS & GS --- Are you starting to see a patern here ??

Watch Some Footy

I really don't see the point in worrying whether McGuane is good, bad or indifferent as a talent, but, rather what role he will play and what he can offer to the team.
Despite some limitations which have been discussed already at great length. He can offer elite strength. (Bench presses more than anyone else in the team.. last year as well) A pretty good pair of hands. Excellent attack on the ball and man and appears to be fearless with his own body. (Have seen him throw himself headlong into the goal post to save a score.)
I can't claim to know what Dimma is thinking, but I can see him perhaps playing a role somewhat like Jarrod Molloy played in the nearly successful Collingwood teams of the nineties.
He was never there as a high goal scoring forward, but rather a massive presence, throwing his weight around, screening, making space for the more talented forwards. Never got the accolades he deserved I reckon. Jack would be a much more effective forward if his opponents every week have to worry about where the other bloke is and if he's going to hurt them. I reckon Max Rooke occasionally did this at Geelong as well. Not sure McGuane is the man for this job, but he might be the closest we've got.

I can't believe how many times I've heard about him being a strong player based on his bench press? It's nonsense he isn't a strong player at all, he gets outbodied alot he has girl legs and doesn't hold his ground well at all, he might be good at lifting weights but he Certaintly isn't a strong forward option

FFS - If i need to tell you about all the stupid questions you have just asked - You really have never watched a Richmond Game !!!!

8 Years of the sh!t he has put up is well and truly enough, Every single question you have asked has been explained time and time again on this thread with you defending this fool as a legitimate afl player

He was offered up for trade every year and not 1 other club even considered him
He was a free agent and looked around but - NOTHING and had to sign for peanuts

Even Brett Thornton & Warnock got chances at GWS & GS --- Are you starting to see a patern here ??

Watch Some Footy
And again you offer nothing. But then what is it they say about empty vessels ....

I can't believe how many times I've heard about him being a strong player based on his bench press? It's nonsense he isn't a strong player at all, he gets outbodied alot he has girl legs and doesn't hold his ground well at all, he might be good at lifting weights but he Certaintly isn't a strong forward option
yep, fair enough.
Just not sure we have a better option to serve this function. If this is what Dimma intends.

Please Continue

Ahhh - My apologies I completely misread your point of view.

Total jealousy it is then - understood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will not surprise me if Mcquane plays most matches this season and bangs it right up these so called experts on here .lol

Even though I think there's so trolling going on here, I don't think any would disagree that he's playing better as a forward than as a back. And on the basis of the preseason he's done better than the alternatives.

Blooding young kids as an alternative does not sound like a sensible option to me for round 1, so he'd have to be a shoe in for the game against Carlton.

It's an indictment on our other tall forward options that they haven't managed to edge him out of the side. McGuane gives his all on the field which I admire, but he's not up to it and he never will be. That he's looking like our 2nd/3rd best forward option going into 2013 is not due to rapid improvement on his part.

It's an indictment on our other tall forward options that they haven't managed to edge him out of the side. McGuane gives his all on the field which I admire, but he's not up to it and he never will be. That he's looking like our 2nd/3rd best forward option going into 2013 is not due to rapid improvement on his part.

True but until a 3rd fwd puts his hand up what do we do?

When Dimma was asked about his performance today he brought up the frees he gave away.. Was going too look at that etc. then said he competes well and that's all you can ask for. I'm reading into it as .. the club knows he has brain fades and is a liability.
No round one for Luke.

When Dimma was asked about his performance today he brought up the frees he gave away.. Was going too look at that etc. then said he competes well and that's all you can ask for. I'm reading into it as .. the club knows he has brain fades and is a liability.
No round one for Luke.
Or he's telling the others competing for the spot you need to perform 90% of the positive stuff he does and none of the brain fades and you can push him out - now go perform and show me you are an option. Therefore Luke in for Rd 1 and probably a few weeks after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back