News Mackay re-signs for 2021 + Gallucci, Poholke, Crocker delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the only one we missed a trick with was Worrell, I agree he should’ve played a couple of games. However, McAsey was given plenty of opportunities and so was Butts in the 2nd half of the season. Another pre season to put weight on and now with Hartigan gone, they will get plenty of chances next year.

As I’ve also stated many times, I don’t think Mackay will play ahead of Hamill, McPherson, Sholl or Milera and may only play if we get an injury to any of those or a more senior player like Smith. I saw enough with how Nicks selected his squad early in the season to know that Mackay isn’t considered best 22 anymore. If he’s getting a game, something isn’t going right.
Who even knows if the SANFL is going to be fully operational.
Next yr AFL might still only operate at 50%.

You already mentioned one yourself, Bolton. Sure he hadn't really played midfield, but again that's the job of a recruiter to see potential and not just what the kids done to date. Hamish has also shown that he is capable of seeing and picking on potential, by picking Danger when he'd played very little midfield. He clearly has the capacity and talent to do that.

It's ultimately a call he made as he did on Polholke. You take the bad with the good, not sure why this is such an offensive or difficult concept.

I'll bet Hamish himself would have no issue owning up to that.

This is healthy accountability that you need in organisations.
Sorry. I can't agree, no recruiter given the brief Hamish was given by Pyke would have taken Bolton over Gallucci. Not one.

I love how you don't bother thinking fir yourself and blindly defend the club. It's sweet and they definitely appreciate your type of supporter.
Well you have to work with list manager and head of strategy here who you vigorously support, so wouldn’t you be on board?

12min mark for the less patient...

hamish-pyke-gooch-jpg.908211

Unfortunate, but it does happen sometimes with drafting/developing.

I am hopeful we're still going to retain Gooch in the PSD, there is definitely a very good player there, somewhere in his makeup and one, seeing how quickly he is recovering, i'm not ready to give up on just yet.
Yeah agree but somewhere. When he’s unavailable for nine games or so and reaching for that somewhere ends up being a full year on the list.

If the option is Mackay, or taking pick 55 in the draft... I'm taking pick 55 in the draft
You just can’t stop thinking of trying to discover ways of the player being a perpetual dud analytically.
It doesn’t always work that way.
You might get triggered if you didn’t blow out all your birthday candles.

Gallucci. Somewhat unlucky but it's a good lesson to the young kids on our list to work your ass off otherwise your career can be over before it begins. Fogarty should be taking not. Gallucci was a very poor draft pick. From memory Pyke wanted him. One positive is that we don't have to see that ridiculous moustache anymore.
Gallucci is the classic case of ‘It’s later than you think’.
If you don’t put in hard enough from the start and think you’re part of the furniture and there’s always next year, it’s all over before you know it. Even then he might have been given another shot if not for the injury but he’d already used up all his credit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct, but I'll go one step further.

Why isn't the choice to keep a list spot open and have a mid-season 2021 draft choice?
AFL saying it will be back, and we get to see the vic players who haven't played this year, or any other bolters from lack of games in 2020.
And this is where I see it as well. Having the additional list place means that Hamish can strike if there's someone on his list at the draft, or we keep a spot for mid season draft.
I wonder if players not getting a regular game can retire mid-season? And if this is something that could potentially occur ;-)

If it’s a pre requisite we haven’t had many takers ffs.
He doesn’t receive a lot of money for starters.
I liked Gallucci but fact is he probably gain a more lucrative contract and not be available till mid year.
Not too hard to get the head around the decision making here.

if you're prepared to just make up a series of compounding inventions it's pretty easy to 'get your head around' most things I suppose.

if you're prepared to just make up a series of compounding inventions it's pretty easy to 'get your head around' most things I suppose.
Compounding inventions. Where’s the patents office?

I thought maybe we'd let him go since we got Captain Vanilla in NVB back as a coach. Ridiculous decision that they'll likely paint as 'he's good experience to help the young guys in the SANFL" even though he's never really shown a hint of leadership and never spends any real time down there.
Crocker has a heap of fans there too
It’s where sanity goes to die.

You're just being obstinate now, there were no midfielders with top end pace other than Gallucci at that point in the draft (most certainly none with Gooch's credentials) and any recruiter given the brief Pyke gave Hamish would have taken Gallucci. The midfielder with top end speed other than Gallucci did not exist after his pick, there were some very nice midfielders still on the board but none with the C.V. Pyke gave the recruiting team. If you think there were provide some names

it was never Pyke’s job, or within his authority to give any instructions on who or how to draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Mackay re-signs for 2021 + Gallucci, Poholke, Crocker delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back