Gaming Madden 09

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Madden 09 - Discussion Thread

Anyone interest in the fantasy league aswell? Ive played around for a bit, still dont like the feel to it, but i'll adjust to it.. Also dont like how they've moved the pump fake button.

PS3 Dynasty.

Sleepy - Titans.
GG - ??
juddy_like - ??
Zarko - ??
Anyone else??

I'll take Bucs as my second team aswell.
So, should i go ahead and create a league?

There's ALOT of options here. I got all the way down and finished to get a message saying 'ERROR in creating this league'..

:rolleyes:

Ok, so just so i know for when i try again or figure out what im doing wrong;
We just want to use teams the way they are? There is the option to draft players and use unique teams i think.
5 Minute Quarters?
Random Weather?
Injuries On?
Fatigue?
Playoffs?
How many players in the league?

only default rosters yes
5 min qtrs
random weather
injuries on
fatigue on
playoffs yes
how many teams? not sure, make it 32 in case we get 32 but have the option to have less teams. like however many join up.
im not sure how that part works, but i doubt we'll have 32 people, but we want to be able to expand should more people join later. currently we have like 4 people, right? but we need like 8 or 12. Im just not sure if they let you increase/expand that number AFTER you've created the league, but if you can, then great.

only default rosters yes
5 min qtrs
random weather
injuries on
fatigue on
playoffs yes
how many teams? not sure, make it 32 in case we get 32 but have the option to have less teams. like however many join up.
im not sure how that part works, but i doubt we'll have 32 people, but we want to be able to expand should more people join later. currently we have like 4 people, right? but we need like 8 or 12. Im just not sure if they let you increase/expand that number AFTER you've created the league, but if you can, then great.

Everything you said is pretty much what i was thinking to begin with. A 32 man league would be pretty awesome.
Also, i googled up the error, seems to be a universal problem.

Ok so while i cant set it up, i thought i'd look around for some info on it.
There's no divisions, so it can be any number of teams, but it isn’t an online franchise so only user controlled teams take part.

So im thinking, should we still try for 32? I reckon it would be awesome if we could actually find it. I mean, we've got time to do it with the servers down, if we could fill out the league with Australian players using teams, we could also get them on the forum.. Its win win.

Anyone else got an opinion on this?

I'm a whore for these highlights :p
I saw this on another forum. Thought it was a pretty cool catch. You'd be pissed as a defender though. Looks like something that would happen on GLB
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/233168

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No reply to my post, but oh well.. im gonna go ahead and try and track down Australian players for a league, i'll start a forum and stuff for it aswell.
To all those who had posted, let me know if your still interested, so i can make sure no one takes your teams, ill keep them reserved as of the moment.
:thumbsu:

I want in of course but gotta get the game first :p

Reckon you'd own the game within the next week? I'm going to have a thread up in the next half hour explaining a few things so i could reserve a team for you if wanted.

heh, at some point i'm gonna get a ps3...but I'm making do with the ps2 version. superstar mode didn't hold my interest at all in last year's game, but the changes they've made to training camp, and automatically simming when your player's on the sideline have managed to hook me (i've created myself as a DT and got drafted by the chargers. practice, suffice to say, has tended to be on the tough side. some LT guy back there mucking things up for the D :D.)
Then I began my franchise earlier tonight, fantasy draft simply cus I don't go that route often and figured I could build a half decent Cardinal team. So now I got Ryan Grant trying to hold off McFadden for HB. Should be fun. And that damn passing cone's gone...making me a very happy man.

There's no need to a) rush into starting a league, we can set it up now that's fine, but we can give people time to buy the game/console. b) no need to say "im shit, so go ahead without me"....i havent played for a long time and i tend to just go hard or go home, shit or not, i dont care, so anyone worried about getting their skills up, you can do it by playing games, we're all pretty much in the same boat.

No I didn't mean it like that I just meant I would prefer to practice some before getting into a league :p I mean I used to be really good with the running game, good enough passing (didn't help that i was the Giants LOL) and good D... But I haven't played in a few months so I will be rusty. If you guys were in a big rush though and had enough I was advocating going ahead without me if you didn't want to wait.

Well i havent played madden for like a year. I only picked it up the other day when i bought 09 and went thru a few of the Madden Moments mini-games and the madden IQ thing. I still fumble my way around the controls and trying to audible or change the coverage assignments before the snap goes off. So now I just pick a play and just ****ing go for it i dont ****ing care lol.

But we only have 4 people interested, not enough to start a league. So you have time to practice etc. All im saying is, dont worry about being not so good, we can all pick up our form as we go along.

Sorry boys have to decline.

Dont want to complete to something that i know that i just wont have the time for.

Jacobs is starting to shit me and Eli keeps throwing INT (although i do push the boundaries). So back to superstar mode for me with my QB starting and having Romo on the bench.

I'm up to all-madden with my rushing, rest is all pro. I'm actually quite good at the rush D in 09... pass D still needs some work.

Madden 09

Who's shelled out and bought it? Got it last night and gave it a bit of a pounding. Definitely better than 08, although its hard to describe how. Better graphics and the like for sure though, and the gameplay feels a bit different too.

Just downloaded the roster update to put Favre to the Jets, but was a little disappointed that Chad wasn't with the Fins.

Other peoples thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaming Madden 09

Remove this Banner Ad

Back