Make the 8 and anything can happen

How many wins will the Crows finish with in 2024? (Minor round wins...)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't we start the season with Murray Thilthorpe Milera Butts out and Walker struggling for fitness?

When your forward line had Gollant and Burgess complementing Fogarty how the hell are you meant to score?
Move the ball quickly not at snail pace and not allow intercept defenders kill you because you’ve pushed forwards up the ground trying to win a contest

Geelong losing to the Bulldogs is a pretty bad result for whatever tiny finals chances Adelaide had. We need a bit of separation so that a team with 12.5 wins can sneak into 8th. One game separating 2nd from 11th makes that pretty hard, would need a few teams to mess up badly.

We ain’t making the 8. That boat sailed when we lost to Richmond.

That three weeks before the bye was the worst we've played since 2020.

No idea what was up with us, but we've looked much better (in both grades) since the week off.

That three weeks before the bye was the worst we've played since 2020.

No idea what was up with us, but we've looked much better (in both grades) since the week off.
We played a couple of inexplicably shit (even by our standards) games last year around the middle of the season.

I not heard, over the last couple of seasons at least, anyone from the club say we've got a bout of flu going thru the club. Can anyone else recall a club rep saying it? Other clubs have said it this season.

So either we haven't had any flu or covid go thru the team in the last two year (impossible) or we have but were never told.

That's my guess as to why we had those two bad patches.

We win every game from here and we have a mathematical chance of making the 8.

We would have to beat:
  • Hawks - the in-form team of the competition
  • Cats in Geelong
  • Bulldogs who are hitting their straps
  • Paer in the Showdown
  • Rampant Sydney in Sydney
If people think we can get across all of those monumental hurdles with Rankine / Dawson unavailable for some - injuries to our key defensive talls - AND Murphy in the 22 ... then I guess you are a more positive supporter than ME!!

We would have to beat:
  • Cats in Geelong
  • Paer in the Showdown
If people think we can get across all of those monumental hurdles with Rankine / Dawson unavailable for some - injuries to our key defensive talls - AND Murphy in the 22 ... then I guess you are a more positive supporter than ME!!

Murphy is less a handicap than Smith.

We would have to beat:
  • Cats in Geelong
  • Paer in the Showdown

Well Rankine is not available for the next two and Dawson for next week but last three games, they will be back.

If we win the next five, we will win the flag 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Agreed, finish with around 11 wins (my gut feel as think we can win most with Cats away hardest and Horks next week will be v difficult with injuries to Dawson, Butts, Murray and Rankine still suspended. Swans last round won’t be as “hungry” as us if we needed to win for a VERY unlikely finals chance and I could see us winning it in that scenario).

The biggest positives this year are clearly the development of youngsters - Soligo esp earlier on, Nank, Taylor, Dowling (somewhat surprisingly) and Keanes development. Hinge, Max and Keays again very good and Fog now putting a body of work giving confidence he can be a 50+ player going forward. Last weeks glimpse from TT and Bond. Hopefully Curtin and Ryan to show abilities in a few of the remaining games with our injuries piling up.

For all those fans wanting us to lose (thrashed) I just wonder if they actually get excited or are happy with last nights game? Hopefully they are :)
Even without making the Finals, how we finish is very important for next season. Maintain this current form, and our confidence would be good going into the preseason, and everyone will be pumped knowing they all have a chance to be regulars next year, and the old heads can no longer be complacent. I can also see it as a blessing in disguise as we’re likely to have a high draft pick without the expense of losing team morale (if a good finish to the season).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even without making the Finals, how we finish is very important for next season. Maintain this current form, and our confidence would be good going into the preseason, and everyone will be pumped knowing they all have a chance to be regulars next year, and the old heads can no longer be complacent. I can also see it as a blessing in disguise as we’re likely to have a high draft pick without the expense of losing team morale (if a good finish to the season).

So we play the same tune we did last year?

It makes no difference if your coaching panel is set in their ways.

Lets see how our side looks come Round 1, 2025 and the game style.

Who was it that compared us to Brisbane awhile again with the slow start?
Well they are now sitting 2nd (probably about to be 3rd by the end of the weekend)

May have been me, seeing I did find it weird how the two strongest offensive teams in 2023 (and very similar offensive profiles) were struggling to get anything going at the start of the yer.

Yep, why the hell was this thread bumped as our season was cooked long ago. Thinking we can still make it is fanciful.

I would argue we were cooked after the 1st month.

Yep, why the hell was this thread bumped as our season was cooked long ago. Thinking we can still make it is fanciful.

I would argue we were cooked after the 1st month.
That month is 100% on Nicks. Sickens me to see him bask in the glow of the performances of the young players, those same players he refused to play earlier because he was so wedded to has been's and never will be's. Nicks has no judgement and no idea!

Port have an interesting run home.

Probably lose the next two against Carlton (away) and Sydney (home).

They should then beat Melbourne.

If they beat us and Fremantle they make it. If they win 1 it’s 50/50 depending on other results.

Fremantle v Port is hopefully last game of the round to decide Port making finals and Fremantle making top 4.

We played a couple of inexplicably shit (even by our standards) games last year around the middle of the season.

I not heard, over the last couple of seasons at least, anyone from the club say we've got a bout of flu going thru the club. Can anyone else recall a club rep saying it? Other clubs have said it this season.

So either we haven't had any flu or covid go thru the team in the last two year (impossible) or we have but were never told.

That's my guess as to why we had those two bad patches.

So a pretend flu is the reason why we have been crap for most of the season? cool

We would have to beat:
  • Cats in Geelong
  • Paer in the Showdown

Geelong in Geelong aren't as daunting this year. A few teams have knocked them off down there. They'll play like 2007 Geelong against us though. Couldn't get the Dogs either when they were down.

We have dropped some bullshit games and only have ourselves to blame, but bugger me we've also drawn so many teams at the wrong time. Got Hawthorn after they decided to come good and now get them twice. Had Collingwood the week before they lost half their team. Got Melbourne before they dropped their bundle. GC in GC in Rd 1 after they got to play in Rd 0. Also, it's still no excuse for losing to Richmond but we got them the week they got their best midfielders back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Make the 8 and anything can happen

Back