Malthouse at collingwood next year - yes or no

Remove this Banner Ad

If he coaches them to back to back premierships, it's bloody logical to keep him on. I don't understand how anyone can argue that. Eddie's bloody obsession with involving the love of his life with the club will be their undoing.

his ego is way to big to take such a BS role. if somehow he does stay it will only be 12 month contract and he will be coaching elsewhere in 2013

Feel sorry for him. Not too many people in their jobs get a demotion when they are doing the best they possibly can and bringing in HUGE RESULTS.

Would love him to stay on as senior coach at least one more year, I think Buckley could clash with a few of the players, but we are trying to get the best of both worlds.

I couldn't blame him if he left, but i think he will stay for one more year.

He's given himself an 'out', no doubt.

He's tried to hide it, but it's obvious that he wants to continue to coach.

That he can't actually come out and say "I will not coach anywhere else next year" certainly suggest he is open to it, and also that he's looking for a chink in the postion offered to him for 2012 that will allow him to say that the position is not suitable.

Will not be at all surprised when he pops up at another club in 2012, nor should anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting interview to say the least!

Mick in no doubt is the most credentialed coach in the league and he still can't say whether or not he will be at the Pies next year 100% and to me he has always seemed like the driver of the bus not the passenger and this interview has only strengthened this IMO.

I am doubting he will be there next year and this is my opinion and i could be wrong but surely if he was going to stay he could just say it etc and not beat around the bush like he is talking about frivolous issues while leaving the door open. The minor details of the contract that he is hanging his hat on to put off a definitive answer to the question that he will be at the Pies next year is alarming and says something without speaking.

I would be totally surprised if any Pie supporter who is watching this right now could be 100% confident he will be there next year. Door is still open to leave and this interview has confirmed it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Malthouse at collingwood next year - yes or no

Remove this Banner Ad

Back