leondavis21

Team Captain
Aug 27, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks, Gonzaga
My friend told me today that her boss had lunch with a friend on monday, who just happen to be Greg Swan. When he turned up for lunch, mick malthouse was also there and they were all talk about carlton! Now i know this could mean stuff all, but cmon we all know whats gunna happen.....

looks like we be like geelong in 2010, coach leaves and best player leaves....

Nice joke, Mick has lunch with a mate, who just happens to be working at Carlton, and you reach that long bow.

I'll put every cent I have, and will ever have on Malthouse not coaching Carlton next year, as I stated, he won't leave to coach a team that is 5-6 years off a flag.

MM has had dinner with Greg Swann once every month or so since Swann moved to the cheats. MM mentioned that last year.

Perhaps this 'friend' thought they were talking all things carlton, if they in fact did have lunch.

Perhaps it was just 2 old friends having lunch before the season.

I'm pretty confident MM will do at least 1 year in the Coaching director role, to see how it pans out.

I would have thought that to start a thread like this, perhaps you should have a more credible source than your friends boss. Your friend has baited you & you fell for it hook line & sinker.

yeah well i rooted a girl who rooted a guy who rooted a girl who rooted a guy who rooted a girl who rooted shane crawford

I heard it from the postman, who heard it from his 2nd cousins sister in law's best friend who went to school with Ricky Nixon's 2nd cousin 2 times removed who saw Mick Malthouse & Greg SWAN both at the MCG last year.

But come to think of it she did say Collingwood were playing Carlton at the time so hugh coincidence there. It must be a conspiracy by the AFL against Collingwood to keep putting them together twice a year so they can recruit Mick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah well i rooted a girl who rooted a guy who rooted a girl who rooted a guy who rooted a girl who rooted shane crawford
Nice try but you got the sex wrong in the last link.
I believed you until then.:)

tbh, I'm not worried about Mick at all. He can coach this year and then take a (relatively) cruisy job for the next three years. If he does got to Carlton, it's going to take at least three years to get them playing the football he wants.

People must have missed Malthouse's statement a few weeks back that he was going to comply with the contract - retire and hand the reins over to Bucks..

To me, that put an end to the matter. Mathouse comes from a tiime when saying something publicly meant something. He would NOT have made that statement lightly.

It might be hard for the younger posters in the forum to believe that anyone would place importance on keeping their word. That doing stuff like that is a thing of the past.... well Malthouse is a firm believer in things like this and he is not going to lie in public and then say circumstances have changed later. He made a clear public statement and he is going to stick to it.

Weren't we getting Ben Cousins based off the same sort of 'lunch meeting'?

Are people aware that people are friends despite the clubs they work for?

Nick Maxwell is very close with Jimmy Bartel, does that mean Nick is going to Geelong if they catch up for lunch? Or that we're getting Jimmy?

Nick Maxwell is very close with Jimmy Bartel, does that mean Nick is going to Geelong if they catch up for lunch? Or that we're getting Jimmy?

I recentally bought a cat, the cat's mother's owner has this pizza guy, this pizza guy supposedly delivers to a guy, who's mum's uncle goes to the same gym as Nick's personal trainer.

Now said owner of cat's mother tells me that their very reliable source has told them that Nick and Jimmy are working on an AFL first deal in which they will both play half a season at Collingwood and half a season at Geelong, it may not happen, and it may be total b/s, but it is what I heard, so if it happens you heard it here first and I am clearly in with the inner workings of footballers.

Mick will not leave us, he has denied it and has said he accepeted that contract becuase it was what he wanted to do. He also said he will honour his contract. Thats it, end of story. Yes afcource the media will bring tha up during the season especially finals time so they can bring us down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Malthouse Meeting with Carlton Monday 14th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back