Malthouse prevented player revolt in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Won two flags with the WA state side, then took a decade with the best resources and Bucks as his 2IC before he could manage anything at Collingwood. Carlton will need a miracle with Mad Mick.

Won two flags with the WA state side, then took a decade with the best resources and Bucks as his 2IC before he could manage anything at Collingwood. Carlton will need a miracle with Mad Mick.

Put together one of the most dominant sides of the 90's. Changed the way football was being played.

Took over a wooden spoon team in the Pies and took them to a Grand Final within 3 years. Rebuilt the team and got your club only their second flag in half a century.

Both signs of a great coach; no matter how much backwards spin you want to put on it.

You Collingwood folk should at least give him his dues, rather than this sour grapes rubbish. No class.

Put together one of the most dominant sides of the 90's. Changed the way football was being played.

Took over a wooden spoon team in the Pies and took them to a Grand Final within 3 years. Rebuilt the team and got your club only their second flag in half a century.

Both signs of a great coach; no matter how much backwards spin you want to put on it.

You Collingwood folk should at least give him his dues, rather than this sour grapes rubbish. No class.

He WAS a good coach not a great one. Now he's a washed up, has-been which is why he's the perfect coach for the Blues haha!!

Carlton are yesterdays club Monkey Boy and your obsessive posting in this thread won't change that. The Blues are no chance of winning a flag under Malthouse and "Sticks" Kernahan will be knifed within the next 12 months. Just stating the facts. It's time for your afternoon nap.

It is sad, what you say is true, but Mick has made it near impossible for any Collingwood supporter to feel anything but distaste toward him. Egotistical, dishonest brat. I couldn't care less about his contribution to the club anymore, because he has since gone out of his way to destabilize it, and has taken on two Collingwood people we love far more than any one-time coach; Ed and Bucks. You don't go there...

... and has taken on two Collingwood people we love far more than any one-time coach; Ed and Bucks. You don't go there...

I think time will show those two were on the wrong side of all of this. Bucks being quite happy to usurp Mick while he had the Collingwood team dominating the comp ... talk about not being your own man and taking advantage of someone else's hard work. And then Eddie, who has otherwise been a messiah for your club, letting his fanboi love for Bucks get in the way of good sense and what's best for the club.

Ah yeah righteo ... that makes sense o_O

Nigh on 12 months ago he took your club to a Grand Final and now he's washed up.

Your definition of washed up = Mick no longer coaches Collingwood :rolleyes:

Ow get over it. Where were you 12 months ago defending him? Or you had no reason to then? Same goes for any club. When someone puts their ego before a footy club, expect there to be negativity towards said individual.

Funny thing is you talk about him getting Collingwood to a GF months ago, well Bucks, with a shitload of issues and injuries got the team to a Prelim, so we haven't taken on such a bad replacement. At least his replacement has shown nothing but class since retirement whilst in the media and first year of coaching.

He also went 16 years between flags at West Coast and Collingwood, how many coaches have coached for 16 years straight without success? Not denying he was a good coach for us, but he was lucky to get as long as he did to get a shot at the 2010 flag.

The main reason for the sour grapes is the lack of class Malthouse has shown the last 12 months, which is in contrast to Buckleys behaviour. I'll always be grateful to him for what he did for Collingwood, but he has done himself no favours lately.

Ow get over it. Where were you 12 months ago defending him?

Right here on BigFooty saying exactly the same shit :cool:

I'd say given the amount of Collingwood posters chiming in on Carlton threads since Mick's appointment, the getting over it part is far more aptly directed at your fellow supporters. The dum-dum "Malthouse is washed up" comment I was responding to is pretty solid proof of that. Aesop's fox has rarely been manifested with such accuracy.

As for Bucks, good luck to you. I sure as hell know which coach I'd be happier with :D

Ah yeah righteo ... that makes sense o_O

Nigh on 12 months ago he took your club to a Grand Final and now he's washed up.

Your definition of washed up = Mick no longer coaches Collingwood :rolleyes:

You will find that the game has moved on and left Mick behind just like the Pies have moved on and left the Blues behind.

Carlton's strategy for success = Try to be more like Collingwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He also went 16 years between flags at West Coast and Collingwood, how many coaches have coached for 16 years straight without success? Not denying he was a good coach for us, but he was lucky to get as long as he did to get a shot at the 2010 flag.

I don't disagree with that statement. But it has to be tempered with the knowledge that he got Collingwood into two GF's pretty quickly and then went on a rebuild. Was absolutely humming when given the flick from your club.

As for the lack of class, I'd say that falls clearly on both sides in this case. In fact, the only one to publicly keep their grace in all this has been Buckley, but rightly so ... he should be grinning ear-to-ear like a kid on Xmas morning with the cushy position he usurped from Mick.

Well it will be interesting to see how Malthouse goes under Carlton anyway. I was always of the opinion Malthouse, whilst a good coach, was made to look a lot better than he really was because he was coaching at a club with arguably the best recruiters, best development staff, best assistant coaches, best facilities and the list goes on. He is now at a club with rubbish recruiters, rubbish assistant coaches, rubbish facilities, rubbish administrators and a a rubbish culture. I am certain we will find out how good a coach Malthouse really is next season. In my view, if he makes the 8 given the handicaps I just mentioned he is a genius and is worth cent.

Looking forward to the biopic...

senorspielbergo.png

Holy shit finally got around to reading through this thread... All I've learnt is that a few vocal North fans are absolutely ******ed. Not just 'dumb,' but outright ******ed.

Well it will be interesting to see how Malthouse goes under Carlton anyway. I was always of the opinion Malthouse, whilst a good coach, was made to look a lot better than he really was because he was coaching at a club with arguably the best recruiters, best development staff, best assistant coaches, best facilities and the list goes on. He is now at a club with rubbish recruiters, rubbish assistant coaches, rubbish facilities, rubbish administrators and a a rubbish culture. I am certain we will find out how good a coach Malthouse really is next season. In my view, if he makes the 8 given the handicaps I just mentioned he is a genius and is worth cent.

Typical waffle from you. Collingwood don't have the best facilities. And Carlton's are now up there with the best in the league. Collingwood had a raft of assistants rotate through the club, hand picked by Mick. What now, 3-4 of them are senior coaches on the back of his mentoring and performance. They weren't the best until they worked under him. Talk about rubbish this and rubbish that ... you're a freaking expert on rubbish opinions :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Malthouse prevented player revolt in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back