Scandal Mark Bomber Thompson Raided By Vic Police (Update pg 66: Charged with possession and trafficking)

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a standard charge by police in this type of instance that 99% of the time gets downgraded through proof to possession. He swore an oath and testified in court, I believe him.
Remember that we're not talking about a couple of joints here...the cops found a commercial qty of numerous illicit drugs and scales hidden in a locked safe, in his room, of his property.

So if every crook swears an oath and testifies in court, do you believe them too?

That's a standard charge by police in this type of instance that 99% of the time gets downgraded through proof to possession. He swore an oath and testified in court, I believe him.
Do you have a source to back that number up, or are you just pulling it out of no where to make your statement look better?

I'm pretty sure most criminals swear under oath. That's not really saying much. His story (from the information released so far, anyway) sounds like a whole bunch of BS to me.

Remember that we're not talking about a couple of joints here...the cops found a commercial qty of numerous illicit drugs and scales hidden in a locked safe, in his room, of his property.

So if every crook swears an oath and testifies in court, do you believe them too?
I swear your honour. Yep 👍

Yep, Froome tested positive over the legal limit by some massive amount. Went on to argue it was due to dehydration, etc. and got off scott free. I still think it's dubious.
Wow, didn't get the news he successfully argued that it was due to dehydration, thanks. I personally find that argument preposterous. Cycling is a sport, I believe, which operates on the cutting edge of science. I find it hard to imagine something as simple & crucial as hydration was "overlooked".

Am I the only one who thinks this has been pathetically swept under the rug. As a coach, his duty of care to well not be a drug addict is a lot higher then that of a player. He is in a position of trust and leadership.

What happens when Joel Corey comes up to Thommo and is like "Ive got a drug problem", Thommo would have been like "Ah yeah, whose your dealer cos im paying 90 a hit and I reckon I could get it for 70"

Given the knowledge and sweep under the rug both Essendon and Geelong had to let them get away with this blatant negligence is insane. If Mark Thompson was Adam Simpson we would have been docked draft picks I reckon and I think they should too. Id exclude both clubs from this years draft over this myself. Failed the team and the game
Agree. Imagine being the parent of a kid who got drafted to Geelong or Essendon where one of the, if not the most senior football person the is a drug addict?

Wow, didn't get the news he successfully argued that it was due to dehydration, thanks. I personally find that argument preposterous. Cycling is a sport, I believe, which operates on the cutting edge of science. I find it hard to imagine something as simple & crucial as hydration was "overlooked".
Apparently there have been circumstances where the test gives crazy readings due to different circumstances The rumour was Team Sky tried to reproduce the reading in similar circumstances and got no where near it. As I said, very dubious.

Absolute crap he only started taking ice due to the Essendon doping scandal. He was doing drugs when coaching the cats, possibly before that. What a ****house excuse pushed by his lawyer.
No Shit! but to end up like he has...wow that's a big fall! everyone sais, you make your choices, bad luck but mental health is a massive issue, plain to see....if a guy of his standing has been doing it, well there you go...Have some compassion people! If he was dealing fair enough, the rules change..!

Yeah I'm all for freedom of choice, but trafficking ice..?

Fair to say that stuff can turn people in to rapers, murders, thieves etc...
hopefully not, why would he need
no... but I agree Australia will be safer with this dangerous monster locked behind bars and not left loose choosing to put amphetamine in his own body in his own house and stay up late past his bed time trading cryptocurrency.
So Funny! You reckon he's a problem....the naiivity around this place! If you all really don't know there's a massive massive drug problem in oz yet and that you could build 20 prisons to house all the dealers let alone users you're deluded. It's so much bigger than we know and it's a god damn losing battle. ....alcohol is not much better though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just another **** bloke in the AFL system that the 'boys club' industry tries to cover up for. No sympathy whatsoever. Had it all and screwed it all up because of ego, arrogance, entitlement and invincibility. Just because he is an AFL legend doesn't make him an automatic 'good bloke' who made a 'mistake' and deserves 'another chance'. Anyone who believes the crap excuses given in court is living in fairyland. Plenty of arseholes, liers, hustlers, scumbags, rorters in AFL land.
A blanket decsion, that works well! You have no idea about mental health and drugs and need your head read if thinl Bomber Thompson in a normal frame of mnd would give up 20-30 Mill to be a meth/ice dealer....shows how disengaged you are! I agree the guy is weird but i doubt strongly he's a dealer, and if he's a user he needs help.

Last edited:
The only good thing about the blatant cheating and doping at Essendon is that most people who were involved were hit by the karma bus.
From Demitriou to Evans to Robson to Thompson to Hird. All have suffered consequences in one form or another.
It is hard not to think that Simon Goodwin in his own way is also suffering a crisis of confidence.
How can he have moral and coaching authority other players given his involvement in the doping at Essendon. And also given his participation in injecting vanity drugs at the club.
One thing I find ironical about Thompson is the part is so called mates have played in all of this. It was well known for some years that Thompson was it on the gear. Just watch Thompson's trainwreck appearances on 360. Yet all through that the great moralisers Slobbo and Whatley went along with it for the sake of some extra ratings points.
We all feel sorry for addicts.
and we understand that sometimes addicts sell drugs to pay for their habit.
Thompson according to his own evidence was making millions on cryptocurrency he had absolutely no excuse for traffickingor allowing a bikie trafficker to live with him. And to provide a safe house.
But nobody but you should feel sorry for people doping footballers.

The only good thing about the blatant cheating and doping at Essendon is that most people who were involved were hit by the karma bus.
From Demitriou to Evans to Robson to Thompson to Hird. All have suffered consequences in one form or another.
It is hard not to think that Simon Goodwin in his own way is also suffering a crisis of confidence.
How can he have moral and coaching authority other players given his involvement in the doping at Essendon. And also given his participation in injecting vanity drugs at the club.
One thing I find ironical about Thompson is the part is so called mates have played in all of this. It was well known for some years that Thompson was it on the gear. Just watch Thompson's trainwreck appearances on 360. Yet all through that the great moralisers Slobbo and Whatley went along with it for the sake of some extra ratings points.
We all feel sorry for addicts.
and we understand that sometimes addicts sell drugs to pay for their habit.
Thompson according to his own evidence was making millions on cryptocurrency he had absolutely no excuse for traffickingor allowing a bikie trafficker to live with him. And to provide a safe house.
But nobody but you should feel sorry for people doping footballers.

Your not that naive are you. It’s pretty obvious that he was trafficking. He was probably selling through the dark web, hence why he mentions crypto’s because that’s how he’s probably acquired them. They go hand in hand

lol- i simply have scales to ensure I get what i paid for- now thats the most rational druggie i've ever heard of!

Why not just say they were the other little rat bags?? Prints on them because i found them and asked wtf are these?

Bomber must think justice system on drugs!

I find it amazing how Goodwin has escaped 99% of the stain of the PED saga. It's crazy given he thought it was a good idea to inject himself with the boner drugs that he escaped sanction and was deemed a solid choice to be Roo's understudy..

I find it amazing how Goodwin has escaped 99% of the stain of the PED saga. It's crazy given he thought it was a good idea to inject himself with the boner drugs that he escaped sanction and was deemed a solid choice to be Roo's understudy..

he's got a bit of teflon that one.

gambling sanctions and addiction, caught using vanity muscle drugs, being in leadership during the essendon cheating saga, coaching camp debacle and this appalling season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Mark Bomber Thompson Raided By Vic Police (Update pg 66: Charged with possession and trafficking)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back