Player Watch Mark Keane - 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Keane’s kicking is far better than Butts’ kicking, however we seem to struggling to get the ball out of our defensive 50 at times, regardless of who has hold of it.

Seems a tactical issue to me, sort that out first and then skills become more relevant. Butts can bomb it long to a marking contest on the right hand wing as well as anyone else can.

I think our defensive stocks can wait another 12 months, so I don't think it is as big a problem as you may think.
We are not talking Sam Taylor.

Also, the way in which he left, the club's new throw your arms around people nature must be forgiving.

Personally, I couldn't care if he came back or not but a first rounder or Beau and a pick, must be a joke.

There is every chance it is just the usual "lets use Collingwood as click bait".

But it will play out, as it will and we will see I guess.

you might not want to pay, but that's absolutely what it would cost to bring him back this year.

you might not want to pay, but that's absolutely what it would cost to bring him back this year.
Fair enough, one of us will be mistaken.

I will happily put my hand up if it is me because I just cannot see it happening.

As I have said to others on this subject, we will just wait and see.
There is nothing you or I can control about it, so let's let it play out.

Nicks was asked about Keane in the presser, and i think he just mentioned that he's having a fantastic year so far, and will be 'rewarded in due course'. Make of that what you will...

There's nothing wrong with the Butts kicking. It looks to me that he has been playing under instruction. He looks permanently worried at FB and constrained to spoil. When he manages to get to HB, he frees up and kicks well: this is his natural instinct. If he were playing at HB, he would be a perfectly decent distributor. He is not in the (low) class of Talia and Hartigan with ball in hand.

The trouble with Keane, as noted by Sanders, has been directly in one-on-ones, especially in deciding how vigorously to push in the back. He has been pretty costly. However, his big positive, right from the start, has been a determination to pass the ball to advantage on all occasions. He does very well at that, notwithstanding some of the mental delays telegraphing his intentions sometimes.
Butts looks very worried about his disposal and I notice him as a potential Jake Kelly. Too scared of getting it wrong he waits until his only options are super conservative.

Brodie Smith is a member of this club too.

I'm not suggesting this trait is necessarily bad as having some reliable and safe exit options is at times the perfect solution. However, we should always have our better options circling to offer an easy outlet pass whenever possible.

Collingwood can have him. He's been in average form for about a month, but this might eclipse Curtly Hampton for the worst performance by a Crow ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He actually did some nice things in the first half, just not in the form of stopping Amartey kicking goals. Defensive marking hasn't been his best trait but obviously this was another level, got absolutely smashed.

The good news is that we do have some depth in defence and there are other roles he can play, at least until Worrell is back.

Had a mare but he's better than that. I still rate him
After a bit more rational thought, he needs to play as an interceptor. We know he's a good mark, he just isn't a 1v1 defender and is better off in the Worrell role.

That said, if he is Collingwood-bound and checked out, then he shouldn't play again, especially with the season done and dusted.

He’s been keeping Murray and Worrell’s spot warm for them. Has shown a good attacking flair and decent enough disposal. I’d give him a run as a high half forward, if not him, then Murray. Would not want to lose him for nothing, but wouldn’t go overboard in keeping him here, unless he showed some promise up forward, if given the opportunity.

how many goals against keane not many Butts suffered the vast majority
Lol, try actually watching the game.

Nearly all the goals were kicked on Keane who was hopeless 1 on 1.

Terrible game & needs to be dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mark Keane - 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back