Player Watch Mark Keane - 9

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the full clip, very clear he wants to extend his contract before next season with us (which makes it clear that Collingwood are offering a decent length deal)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So judging from those clips on 7, Keane isn't opposed to staying, but he wants a long-term deal done this year and from there you can probably then guess Collingwood are offering that now while we may be going "we'll talk next year" to him.
I smell a Reid special “we got him cheap, we have options, let’s cash in”

I smell a Reid special “we got him cheap, we have options, let’s cash in”
Our squad isn't in a position to cash in... unless we bring in more players to offset any loss.

Our current depth is woeful & we can't have a repeat of last season where we had a net exodus of experienced players.

Our squad isn't in a position to cash in... unless we bring in more players to offset any loss.

Our current depth is woeful & we can't have a repeat of last season where we had a net exodus of experienced players.
I agree but it’s something Reid would do, we got Greenwood and Keath late, got some years out them and then thought they’d get us some decent draft capital but he ****ed up. At least this time Keane is under contract

if you think that interview is "unprofessional" lol, chill and stop clutching at pearls.

keane is a funny loose guy, very irish tbh.

i mentioned it earlier this year, but when he was in melbourne last he even popped by the collingwood rooms during training, the guy gives no fks. I don't know many opposition players who have done that. I was a bit surprised no one reported it at the time but I guess keane was more under the radar then prior to his string of good games.
I wouldn't say he's gone, but he does have very strong connections in melbourne, money will talk i imagine.

for me: I rate him and would prefer to keep.

This is the full clip, very clear he wants to extend his contract before next season with us (which makes it clear that Collingwood are offering a decent length deal)

Wasn't his last interview one where he said he'd wait till the end of the year or have the interpreters got it wrong?

Nah, but thanks for taking that bullet for me.
Did anyone see their Friday night funny man skit last week?

I missed it but it copped scathing feedback online

Bring back Elliott Rhodes

Keane leaving would be worse than anyone else that has left the club. Fancy getting dumped from Collingwood, then having a club give you a second chance, developing you into a quality defender, only to turn your back on them and go back to Collingwood. Would be an absolute dog move.

Collingwood never dumped him, he went home during covid, decided to come back after a couple years and we just happened to have the free list spot from McAsey retiring

Wasn't his last interview one where he said he'd wait till the end of the year or have the interpreters got it wrong?
Yeah, but he also wants an extension sorted before next season. That can easily be done after our season finishes, especially given he's contracted anyway and wants to stay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mark Keane - 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back