Player Watch Mark Keane - 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, warrants a 2 year extension like the other 2 this week.

Think how we would have looked in defence this year without him.

He is only going to get better, particularly if he can sort out the 1 on 1 body contests.
I don’t believe he would accept that. Already 24 and turning 25 next year whilst still contracted (at low level) so mid career having earnt minimum chips. Will want minimum 3, if not 4 years (or more) IMO at a decent level (700k ish?)

I don’t believe he would accept that. Already 24 and turning 25 next year whilst still contracted (at low level) so mid career having earnt minimum chips. Will want minimum 3, if not 4 years (or more) IMO at a decent level (700k ish?)
Lol, $700K pa for Keane.

Lol, wtf!

The AFL average is $441K pa.
Cmon Kane, “dont do a Sanders” here haha and avoid ever making predictions.

Clearly we are all speculating. I stand by my estimate for a 3-4 year deal at around 700k based on the new salary structure. If Battle is being talked about as 5m for 6 years, Weitering at over 1.25m, McKay mega bucks last year.

Just throw out a figure and we can compare when media speculation etc kicks in shortly re new contract.

So what’s your guess for years and $?

Cmon Kane, “dont do a Sanders” here haha and avoid ever making predictions.

Clearly we are all speculating. I stand by my estimate for a 3-4 year deal at around 700k based on the new salary structure. If Battle is being talked about as 5m for 6 years, Weitering at over 1.25m, McKay mega bucks last year.

Just throw out a figure and we can compare when media speculation etc kicks in shortly re new contract.

So what’s your guess for years and $?
May depend on the outcome of Murray... but closer to $500k than $700k.

if we want him, most likely at a minimum 3 year deal at 600K or he will ask for a trade back to VIC.

he is a nice backup when worrell is injured as a third tall or CHB but not FB.

if we want him, most likely at a minimum 3 year deal at 600K or he will ask for a trade back to VIC.

he is a nice backup when worrell is injured as a third tall or CHB but not FB.

The performance Keane has put out this year is hardly backup level. If anything, we've likely found our CHB for the next 6-8 years, and a bloody good one at that.

16.6 disposals/7.6 intercepts/5.6 marks (2.4 intercept marks)/4.5 spoils/ 22.5% contested loss rate is a very respectable season.

The performance Keane has put out this year is hardly backup level. If anything, we've likely found our CHB for the next 6-8 years, and a bloody good one at that.

16.6 disposals/7.6 intercepts/5.6 marks (2.4 intercept marks)/4.5 spoils/ 22.5% contested loss rate is a very respectable season.
Statistics, statistics. Why don't you catalogue the array of blatant bungles?

I do agree, howver, that he is a nett positive due to his active disposals.

Statistics, statistics. Why don't you catalogue the array of blatant bungles?

I do agree, howver, that he is a nett positive due to his active disposals.

When it comes to "blatant bungles", I couldn't care less about them at this point. If, let say, Keane was sitting at a contested loss rate of ~40% (the mark he was at last year and his time at Collingwood) it would be different, but I can accept the occasional error if there has been considerable improvement in his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When it comes to "blatant bungles", I couldn't care less about them at this point. If, let say, Keane was sitting at a contested loss rate of ~40% (the mark he was at last year and his time at Collingwood) it would be different, but I can accept the occasional error if there has been considerable improvement in his game.
i would rate worrell ahead of him in the pecking order.

i have strong belief that worrell could play CHB... at least he would keep his feet

i would rate worrell ahead of him in the pecking order.

i have strong belief that worrell could play CHB... at least he would keep his feet

I wouldn't go that far. Mainly because it's really hard to argue against a CHB who is actively manning an opponent and still pulling off 7+ intercepts a game without there being any drastic flaws (as said, a 1v1 loss rate of ~22% is quite respectable and Worrell also bats around that mark) in his first season as a best 22 player. It does also mean there is likely some more refinement left in his game as he learns a bit more defensive craft and gets accustomed to the grind of a full AFL season - especially for a player who is averaging 93% TOG.

Equally, Worrell is a very damaging third tall in his own right and giving him more freedom is likely going to produce better results.

That does seem to be an Adelaide thing rather than a player specific issue. Essendon's F50 frees on the weekend were beyond the pale.
I think he’s a level above, you can actually say in most contests he’s lucky not to have given a free, he does like to grab the player around the waist in a contest.

You sign him up for 3 or 4 years, then if he doesn't perform, you drop him. He will ask for a trade down the track and we get a better offer for a contracted player.

Given Worrell, Butts and NICK ****ing MURRAY! exist, he's definitely tradeable for a good deal.

We should get it done.

In no world should we be even be considering trading Mark Keane and retaining Jordon Butts. That is a massive downgrade.

Butts is the defender that's expendable if we need to off load one, is injury prone and gets the least amount of disposals of all of them, even Borlase can find the pill more and still Play the lock down role.

Murray Worrell Keane and the depth of Borlase is a great treasure trove.

Echoes Nicks’ comments on his contract situation when he was asked months ago, and he said Keane would ‘be rewarded in due course..’ so my guess is that they’re either nutting out the contract stuff, or weighing up an offer from the Pies..

Nice position to be in to have the player want to stay, but where we also have the option to trade him to a team that he’d be interested in going to, if the right offer presented itself..

Butts and Murray are pretty set as KPD’s, but do we think either one of Worrell or Keane has some further versatility outside of being 3rd tall? Just thinking how we squeeze all 4 into the team…. I don’t see either as having any burst speed as HB’s..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Worrell can play forward. He was considered a swingman when drafted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mark Keane - 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back