Player Watch Mark Keane - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Well played by Keane and his manager. Used Pies strong interest to extract three more years and no doubt at significantly more premium KPD money from 2025 not 2026 with the new contract over writing the old peanuts $ contract

We finally did the sensible thing rather than scrooging as we have in the past. We've got plenty of cap space and are sensibly using it
He was already signed next year so another 2 years is ok. Thought we would have had to offer another 4 years instead of 2 to outbid Collingwood.

Do we roll with Butts, Muzz and Keane down back and see what Worrell has up forward? Hopefully we at least trial it in the off-season.
Murray would make a better forward. Would like to see him in the forward line with Fog and Thilthorpe. Better than overspending on Petty. Then we just need to bring in another kpd for depth.

Do we roll with Butts, Muzz and Keane down back and see what Worrell has up forward? Hopefully we at least trial it in the off-season.
a significant amount of depth in our big defenders then. Maybe they are not sure about Butts successfully coming back from his foot injury

Murray would make a better forward. Would like to see him in the forward line with Fog and Thilthorpe. Better than overspending on Petty. Then we just need to bring in another kpd for depth.
Well Worrell did play forward in the champs during his draft year, we've just never tried him there:

"At the 2019 under-18 championships, Josh Worrell was Vic Metro’s leading goalkicker with hauls of four against Western Australia and three against South Australia."

great news. does than mean Borlase is gone then if no official contract signed? we may have offered him one and then revoked it as we did last year for Doedee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we have ever offered him one. Was only ever reported on one news article.
ok thanks. sometimes hard to know whats fact and fiction. with Keane re-signing almost certain Borlase gone now though?

ps I still dont think we get rid of Borlase, Gollant AND Berg. One to stay - probably and hopefully Berg

I tend to think of it as Murray, Worrell, and one of Butts or Keane depending on who is fit and in better form. Worrell is too valuable to our defence for me to want to throw him forward just so everybody gets a game.

Well Worrell did play forward in the champs during his draft year, we've just never tried him there:

"At the 2019 under-18 championships, Josh Worrell was Vic Metro’s leading goalkicker with hauls of four against Western Australia and three against South Australia."
Absolutely, also the way Keane reads the ball can be a very capable mark up forward.
The deal gives us great flexibility .

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mark Keane - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Back