mark of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be very interesting to calculate the value of this mark in marketing and global exposure. It's up to 2.44 million views on YouTube. It has been featured on HuffPost, Yahoo sports UK and US, front page of Reddit and who knows where else. In other words it's gone "viral".

The dollar value of that must global exposure to our game must be incredible.

the most viewed football video ever now.

Kadour Ziani has a vertical leap of 60 inches, Google what a guy jumping 1.5 meters looks like, It doesn't look like that :)

I believe Walker deserves MOTY at this stage however, but no way was he approaching a world record vertical leap height.

It's about raising your centre of gravity - not where your arms and legs finish up after taking an extra push.

If you watch his navel (pretty close to the COG) is at the level of Carlisle's head before he gets the 'ride' - so he's jumped quite a bit under a metre at best.

There's a lot of argument about how much a top High jumper raises their COG - a guesstimate is Sotomayor raised his COG about 1.2-1.3m during his world record (2.45).

Still a f*&%$ing good mark, though.

walker-andrew-mark-PICS_460-300x200.jpg

Straighten his legs and they would be at hip height of a crouching Carlisle. That would more likely be around 90cm. He then received a ride that pushed him up that wasn't pure leap. The draft camp record is something like 102cm for the running leap in ideal conditions, you really think he smashed it by 58cms?

Where he marked the ball, a ruckman could have stood there with his arms outstretched and taken it.

My apoligies my understanding of bio-metrics is poor. I can't measure a vertical leap to the satisfactory level

Still doesn't answer the primary question though. How many other players could do it. Name them

Love the comments..Its a foul.. He cheated.. haha:eek:

They have absolutely no Fing idea what they have watched but decide that it was either:

a) illegal

b) Relatively simple (some thing to the effect of, he used the other guy as a stepladder)

c) catching in other sports is much harder, this game is stupid

I guess some people just feel like they are entitled to have an opinion on everything

Aaron Edwards mark in the 07 qf was one of the greatest marks ever taken, Walker doesn't deserve to mentioned in this thread.

Aaron Edwards mark in the 07 qf was one of the greatest marks ever taken, Walker doesn't deserve to mentioned in this thread.
A mark taken this year doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the "Mark of the Year" thread?

:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bigfooty seems quite knowledgeable and civilized compared to the comments on that page :eek:
Yeah, read the first page of comments and was nearly smashing my head against my keyboard....so many ignorant people in the world.

It's mark of the year so far without a doubt. Some people don't seem to realise that Mark of the Year goes to the most spectacular mark, not the most difficult. Walker's was one of the most spectacular ever. Sure it wasn't one of the most difficult, as he was one out with the sit. I'd liken it to Moorcroft's mark of the year. Someone like Carey would have marked that ball with two feet still on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back