MG77B

Senior List
Nov 2, 2002
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
Dukes has been mauled up front in all 3 games and has barely had a free kick to his name. Very similar to Taz, and the more Dukes complains the less the ref looks at it.....Are the World Cup refs and the Afl Umpires on the same payroll?

Yes the Dukes deserves some decisions to go his way, but when he does get the ball, he ****s it up!!

My brother and I have noticed that when he does have a chance, he will either give up the ball or just not do anything with it - in this World Cup.

Playing a bit like Kouta at the moment, no good.

Please dont compare a collingwood hack who everyone hates to an Australian champion

viduka has some ticker tarrant just gives up when things dont go his way

stokesy said:
Yes the Dukes deserves some decisions to go his way, but when he does get the ball, he ****s it up!!

My brother and I have noticed that when he does have a chance, he will either give up the ball or just not do anything with it - in this World Cup.

spot on

bit miffed with the interpretation sregarding viduka, he gets penalised for out bodying smaller defenders yet they seem to be allowed to consistently scrag him!!

against croatia he was great at providing a target and bringing the long ball to the ground, but he was then very wasteful........but he did set up kewell for a couple of brillaint chances that were well saved

a good game from him this morning

HKW1 said:
Please dont compare a collingwood hack who everyone hates to an Australian champion

viduka has some ticker tarrant just gives up when things dont go his way

Perhaps,

but don't forget Viduka is a Pies supporter too! :thumbsu:

Viduka isn't an Australian champion. He's brought nothing to the team except missed penalties. I can't remember Viduka touching the ball this morning, had a terrible game.

The big V-Bomber was an senational player for Leeds United. I'll always remember him tearing Liverpool a new one with 4 goals in one memorable game.
He does set up a lot of goals for his teammates, you can't just measure his impact by goals scored alone. the Croatian players clearly tagged him big time last night, and he really should have been awarded an penality in the first half (although he has missed his last couple of penalities)
Can't we just enjoy qualifying for the next round of the world cup without bagging our players.

celtic_pride said:
The big V-Bomber was an senational player for Leeds United. I'll always remember him tearing Liverpool a new one with 4 goals in one memorable game.
He does set up a lot of goals for his teammates, you can't just measure his impact by goals scored alone. the Croatian players clearly tagged him big time last night, and he really should have been awarded an penality in the first half (although he has missed his last couple of penalities)
Can't we just enjoy qualifying for the next round of the world cup without bagging our players.

right on
he isn't captain for nothing
dukes could probably play better (tho he has been having an impact) but to even suggest he is a dud or not worthy is absolutely laughable

stokesy said:

This sums up why most on this board should stick to AFL...

Viduka is being widely applauded in reports in UK and other press as an oustanding front man and man to hold up the ball i.e. you get it to him and he holds it up to allow time for others to get forward ... this is a massively useful skill and that is why the ref v Brazil copped so much abuse, because he denied Australia this key weapon by penalising Viduka pretty much every time he went for a ball ...

Outstanding player who contributes mightily even without scoring goals ...

Although I very much doubt that the average "bandwagon" Socceroo will follow any of this :D

Eagle87 said:

Viduka is being widely applauded in reports in UK and other press as an oustanding front man and man to hold up the ball i.e. you get it to him and he holds it up to allow time for others to get forward ... this is a massively useful skill and that is why the ref v Brazil copped so much abuse, because he denied Australia this key weapon by penalising Viduka pretty much every time he went for a ball ...

Although I very much doubt that the average "bandwagon" Socceroo will follow any of this :D
Agree with all that.

Watch the big unit go now we are on the world stage. The I-ties will be shaking in their boots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arcadion said:
Who the **** is Mark Viduka?

I assume your joking?

Anyway, Australia drew 2-2, and thats all we needed to do.

Even if Viduka doesnt always perform, Harry Kewel always stands up and makes things happen. You can tell hes a cut above the rest. GUN!

mark viduka needs to learn to kick the ball, not place it when he's shooting at goal. he's not a finesse kicker, he's a goddamn heavy kicker.

KICK THE BALL HARD MARK DONT PLACE IT THATS NOT YOU'RE STYLE

no, im not sorry for using caps

who is this chris tarrant? does he do infomercials like ian turpie?

lebron said:
Viduka isn't an Australian champion. He's brought nothing to the team except missed penalties. I can't remember Viduka touching the ball this morning, had a terrible game.

Viduka's been one of the best so far. He doesn't play as a striker waiting for supply but as a pure forward. His job is to make himself available and try hold the ball for a bit so everyone in midfield can move up. All match long he's got a man in his back + a 2nd centre back or defensive mid never far away, which is a very difficult task regarding the team's tactics. What he does for the team is fantastic, everyone heavily relies on him and he's also often come all the way back in defence. He's been a great leader, a true captain who's done everything for the team and hasn't thought of himself at any time. A true legend :thumbsu: .

If you watch enough games you'll notice that rarely does a player get marked as tightly as Viduka. Such is the danger he presents to the opposition, and such is his value that in addition to taking at least one defender completely out of the game he still manages to hold his share of the ball and create openings for his team mates.

Watch the Greece game again and see how the whole shape of our forward line changed (for the worse) when Viduka was rested.

Yes, I'd like to see him score more often for Australia. But having him take the flak while Cahill, Kewell and Aloisi slot the goals is good enough for Australia.

MG77B said:
Dukes has been mauled up front in all 3 games and has barely had a free kick to his name. Very similar to Taz, and the more Dukes complains the less the ref looks at it.....Are the World Cup refs and the Afl Umpires on the same payroll?
This is proof beyond doubt what everyone has thought about Collingwood supporters.

PS The price of bananas must be driving them nuts.:p

Eagle87 said:

exactly right, despite being man marked last night Viduka was outstanding.
Sometimes Cahill and Kewell could've timed there runs better going past, but his hold up play was fantastic.

MG77B said:

I was expecting to see the word overrated being used.

lebron said:

Absolutely spot on :thumbsu:

Viduka is an over-rated hack. Crap in the Premier League and crap playing for Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Viduka = Chris Tarrant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back