Scandal Marlion Pickett - In Custody for multiple offences - Later bailed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickett has been charged by WA Police with four counts of aggravated burglary, with three counts of stealing and three counts of criminal damage among his other charges.
The alleged offences took place between December 2022 and January 2023.
Pickett has a “strong intent” to defend himself, his manager Anthony Van Der Wielen told 7NEWS in a statement.

Racist comments will immediately cop a long break from Bigfooty, discuss the issue not the skin colour or race.
Thank you.

P.S This thread has nothing to do with the Clarkson/Racism review discussion.
This thread is not the place to discuss the prison system and prisoner rehabilitation, you can take that to the SRP board.
This is the scandals and rumours board only, please stay on topic in here.

Last edited:
Was commercial property apparently. From memory aggravated means they were armed/had weapons or maybe that they broke in.

My memory is hazy. Crim law was 20 odd years ago.
Could also be multiple offenders or that there was or likely was occupants present while the offence was committed.

Is it just me or does it seem that there's a higher proportion of West Australians (both former VFL/AFL and current players) that get into trouble with the law ?

I think it’s just you.

Obviously the mid-2000s Eagles had their trouble but that’s probably more reflective of the club culture than the state itself.

Could also be multiple offenders or that there was or likely was occupants present while the offence was committed.
"Burglary is committed when a person tresspasses a building with the intention to steal or assault a person. Burglary is aggravated if someone is present during the burglary and the offender knew or was reckless as to the fact, or if the offender has a weapon or fake weapon."

Vic justice website

You don't know cops. They want to lock anyone up they only can think of one solution and never think about building a better community. Because he has priors it is hard for him to get bail if the cops are pricks about stuff ... which is a constant.
One solution to what? A bloke doing burglaries?

According to the stories, the cops were waiting for Tiny Pinder at half time of a Wildcats game to arrest him when he was getting done for his sexual assault charges.

Wildcats had to persuade them to let him play the second half, he was arrested after the game.

Wonder if it was a similar scenario here.

Talk of it in W.A news doesnt sound good for Marlion at all. Police will run with DNA evidence at the scene they said

Assuming they keep it on record from previous arrests? I thought you had to bin it after 7 years?
Charges include four counts of aggravated
burglary, stealing and criminal damage.

Sounds like very serious stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noone of sound mind goes around committing burglaries, let alone those earning six figures annually. Surely more to this than sheer stupidity.
"Burglary is committed when a person tresspasses a building with the intention to steal or assault a person. Burglary is aggravated if someone is present during the burglary and the offender knew or was reckless as to the fact, or if the offender has a weapon or fake weapon."

Put I'm cultural context, could possibly be someone sticking up for his mob?

Vic justice website

WA Crim Code has it worded differently but essentially there's a number of circumstances of aggravation when it comes to Burgs and only one needs to be fulfilled to upgrade the charge.

According to the stories, the cops were waiting for Tiny Pinder at half time of a Wildcats game to arrest him when he was getting done for his sexual assault charges.

Wildcats had to persuade them to let him play the second half, he was arrested after the game.

Wonder if it was a similar scenario here.

"We are here to arrest Marlion"
"Nah that wont work, Can we sub Hugo Ralphsmith in for him?"

Put I'm cultural context, could possibly be someone sticking up for his mob?
Hopefully it is something simple and well-intentioned

It always boggles the mind an AFL player, who is usually a highly paid individual with great networks and connections, can still find their way into organised crime. And if it isn’t organised crime, what on earth is he thinking doing something so brazen by himself?
It's a lifestyle thing. Many crooks could get out of the game but choose not too.

Sad if all this is true.

This is why i think it's all garbage. I think it's a former jealous friend of his telling porkies to the cops.

Oh definitely that's absolutey enough grounds to charge someone, refuse bail and remand him over night.

On an unrelated note I've got this rock here that protects you from tigers that's for sale...

Given he's apparently denying the allegations, and given there is little information as things stand, we should probably wait for more information before we start condemning him.

Unfortunately the people who have spent the last four years mocking Pickett and refuse to believe someone can redeem themselves will be vindicated. Of course, there's something to be said about the failure of prisons to actually rehabilitate their inmates, but it's easier to put the sole blame on individuals than have a wider look at our society's failures.

Whether true or not, it's likely this is the end of his AFL career. Hopefully he can pull his life together once again.

Scandal Marlion Pickett - In Custody for multiple offences - Later bailed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back