Game Day Marsh Community Series 1 2020: Hawthorn v St Kilda, Thursday 20th February 7:10pm AEST @ RSEA Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know what midfielders for either team should be playing full games?
I'd say not even Coaches know that info at this stage.

Pretty sure players have target 'minutes', but also have a feeling those minutes could be played anywhere (FP as opposed to midfield etc.). Could extend to KM covered, for a running-type player. Then you gotta factor in fitness/soreness etc., there's no way anyone will be risked (regardless original intent) if they're not feeling right, even if they would normally play out the H&A game with the same ailment.

Interesting that we are playing a stronger side than usual.
Previous years we took some time to ‘gel’ in season proper, maybe this is an attempt to get cohesion developed earlier.
Longer preseason.
Pretty sure 2018 preseason we also had a stronger side in week 1

Yeah f#ck that decrepit old cnut and his just as awful progeny. I wouldn't give those pricks a cent, they're a stain on our country.
Happy to trek to a pub when we're not on fta
For a moment I thought you were talking about my dad and it thoroughly amused me.

Is Rupert less my dad?

Last edited:

I've used the latest Roku, Chromecast and even connected my new laptop via HDMI to the tv and the quality is shite. Yet Netflix is awesome. Internet bandwidth and data is not my problem.

If you plugged in your laptop via HDMI then that eliminates wifi connection limitations. If Netflix looks great then it sounds like the KAYO signal is too weak (or their servers/backend software are) to provide a good enough signal. Are the settings on your Kayo account set to High Definition? If it's on auto it may only deliver Standard Definition if it has issues.

I use Kayo through my Apple TV and also through my Telstra TV (upstairs) which is a Roku player and it's never given my any issues with either. Outside of that here is a list of TVs that should be able to download the Kayo App.

View attachment 826051
Mine is a late 2016 4K UHD 60" Samsung, app doesn't work. Kayo say they are working on it...
Chrome Cast is the way to go.
I have one but picture quality is rubbish. Worse than 480p.

If you plugged in your laptop via HDMI then that eliminates wifi connection limitations. If Netflix looks great then it sounds like the KAYO signal is too weak (or their servers/backend software are) to provide a good enough signal. Are the settings on your Kayo account set to High Definition? If it's on auto it may only deliver Standard Definition if it has issues.
Yes, settings are set to HD. The best picture I get is when laptop connected via HDMI but this still only gives 480p. Really disappointing.

Mine is a late 2016 4K UHD 60" Samsung, app doesn't work. Kayo say they are working on it...

I have one but picture quality is rubbish. Worse than 480p.

Yes, settings are set to HD. The best picture I get is when laptop connected via HDMI but this still only gives 480p. Really disappointing.
Instead of upgrading my tv, I upgraded to the latest apple tv box which has the ability to add the kayo app.
Can't guarantee it will work for you but it works perfectly for me and a much cheaper alternative than buying new smart tv.

Scully can now attack this season with confidence after getting through last year unscathed. Expect his output to be far greater and he could be one of the best performers at the club this year. I’d also put Wingard right up there too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the move of Morrison to the half back flank will reignite his career. After falling away last year and the club recently recruiting Golds and now Day would likely have limited his time on the wing, as I think those two will be the preferred options going forward. At least now he can play a new role that actually suits him. Morrison did play as a half back flanker in the VFL in 2017.

Instead of upgrading my tv, I upgraded to the latest apple tv box which has the ability to add the kayo app.
Can't guarantee it will work for you but it works perfectly for me and a much cheaper alternative than buying new smart tv.
Isn't it the same as a Roku / Telstra tv which I have also used?

Pretty new look teams both sides since late 2018

Hawks
Greaves frost Lewis Patton Jiath wingard worpel Scully minchington walker and of course Mitchell returns, scrimshaw in the wings

Saints
Howard Hill Ryder butler king Marsh Abbott Kent And Geary returns

Everyone acting like the saints won the trade period with all these ‘gun recruits’ - pretty much a bunch of average players and a massive overpay to Brad Hill..

Yeah f#ck that decrepit old cnut and his just as awful progeny. I wouldn't give those pricks a cent, they're a stain on our country.
Happy to trek to a pub when we're not on fta

Yeah I agree, he is the worst human on this planet.

But I love the footy too much and thanks to old mate and his croni Abbott, our internet is still too shit.

Foxtel is rubbish and Sky News is a cancer, but you have to give them credit for their sports coverage, it is second to none. Fox Footy is wonderful.

As much as I would love to protest, being able to watch any game I want using just my remote is worth selling my soul a little. Love the brown and gold too much.

Im nearly 40 so my days of vpns, chromecasts, vlc streams etc etc are over. I make a living now so I can afford Foxtel so bugger it.

I have been watching the 1971 Grand Final tonight while getting the kids ready for bed, perfect warm up for the game tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Marsh Community Series 1 2020: Hawthorn v St Kilda, Thursday 20th February 7:10pm AEST @ RSEA Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back