Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
gee if i was in the betting game i wouldnt mind a bit on dunolly this week. could be way of the mark but they gave rovers a bit of a scare the other week and have got a few to come back in since that game.

yeah they probably are not a $10 shot to beat Newstead but its just a bit of a tempter. You can start now Catch me if you want.

Don't think they have as much finals experience as the team of the LPFL you talk about. It is just a guess though hard to predict.

I suppose Avoca are drawing a reasonably large crowd now they're back up top? Honestly, I've never known a bigger bunch of bandwagon supporters as Avoca's!

I suppose Avoca are drawing a reasonably large crowd now they're back up top? Honestly, I've never known a bigger bunch of bandwagon supporters as Avoca's!

They seem to have a lot of supporters this year..... Is that not normal?? Ever since they joined the league they have had a reasonable following. Being prob the biggest town in the comp you would expect that though.

They seem to have a lot of supporters this year..... Is that not normal?? Ever since they joined the league they have had a reasonable following. Being prob the biggest town in the comp you would expect that though.

Avoca has always had a big following. Not sure what he's on about.

Kakkapo. It has been 9 years since Avoca last won a Senior Grade Premiership. Surely their supporters are entitled to hop on the wagon when they are enjoying some success again.

Every club has their share of ups and downs and Avoca has certainly had their fair share of downs in recent times.

People like winners. That is just a fact of life. There will always be bandwagon jumpers at every club. Just as you will always have the supporter that supports you through thick and thin. Avoca also has their fair share of these types of people as well.

There is a different supporter base at Avoca now since the move to the MCDFL, and they also have a new generation of members coming through the ranks since Avoca's glory days of the 90's in the L.F.L. A lot of the membership base from that era has moved on.

The club is now being run by a new committee with the majority being made up of people who have no experience at Executive level and they are doing an excellent job.

They are no different to any other club in Australia. Yes! There is quite possibly a few who jump on when things are going good, but I am sure that your club also has its share of people who jump on when things are good at your club as well Kakkapo. By the way, which club is that?

Sounds like you may have been on the end of a few beatings from Avoca in the 90's. Some sour grapes maybe??

Is Craig Browne-Kerr still playing at Harcourt? I know he would be getting on a bit by now

King Rich $3,043
Candy Man $1,725
Morrie Morals $1,200
Dr. Phil $1,056
Mobbenfuher $980
Nossi5 $500
Old School Biff $0
MightyRoar $0
Rojer Ramjet $0
Nonamehack $0
Iron Beast $0

Round 10 odds.

Rovers ($2.10) v Maldon ($1.65)
Avoca ($1.50) v Carisbrook ($2.50)
Newstead ($1.08) v Dunolly ($10)
Harcourt ($1.90) v Talbot ($1.90)
Royal Park ($1.08) V Trentham ($10)

Great punting round this one. I might have a dash which will make or break me.

$1000 on Maldon. $1000 on Brook.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King Rich $3,043
Candy Man $1,725
Morrie Morals $1,200
Dr. Phil $1,056
Mobbenfuher $980
Nossi5 $500
Old School Biff $0
MightyRoar $0
Rojer Ramjet $0
Nonamehack $0
Iron Beast $0

Round 10 odds.

Rovers ($2.10) v Maldon ($1.65)
Avoca ($1.50) v Carisbrook ($2.50)
Newstead ($1.08) v Dunolly ($10)
Harcourt ($1.90) v Talbot ($1.90)
Royal Park ($1.08) V Trentham ($10)

ill have my $500 on brook please crank

Unsure Razza......One of those injuries that is hard to put a timeframe on. Could be right for this week..... not sure.

The question on everyones mind is.....
Will tomorrow see the return of the Tommahawk!!!?????

Can anyone from Talbot advise if they can remember Gary Barras playing and what is he up to now. I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't be playing anyone but from my memory was a very handy player / goal kicker for Talbot in the 80's / 90's.

Can anyone from Talbot advise if they can remember Gary Barras playing and what is he up to now. I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't be playing anyone but from my memory was a very handy player / goal kicker for Talbot in the 80's / 90's.

the legendary gary barras passed away earlier this year due to a long fight with cancer, one of his two sons still plays with the club.

the legendary gary barras passed away earlier this year due to a long fight with cancer, one of his two sons still plays with the club.

I am truly very sorry to hear this sad news, I worked with Gary for many years with V/Line. Deepest sympathy to his Family and the Talbot FC.

Can anyone tell me how the great blonde bomber, Bob Beare went yesterday in the Trentham magoos. Must be favourite to win the Seconds medal at the grand old age of forty seven, which would only serve to put egg on the face of the current Kyneton coach who told him he was too old to play and they almost had to forfeit their seconds yesterday!

King Rich $5,193
Dr. Phil $2,640

Candy Man $1,725
Nossi5 $1,250

Morrie Morals $1,200
Mobbenfuher $980
Old School Biff $0
MightyRoar $0
Rojer Ramjet $0
Nonamehack $0
Iron Beast $0

TWENTY-eight point loss to the Apple Boys yesty, K Rich and Shermo.
Were you ever a chance. Maybe you led early and they steamed home ??
What's your run home like to end of August and can you Botters still make it to the top 3 and the finals' double chance ??

Is still going. Has slowed down a yard or two but is still a big boy and still causes a few problems for the opposition.

Thanks King,

Used to play cricket with him and footy against him in the western region league, very imposing figure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back