Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
arent we talking bout footy on hear rich
surprised that u who likes to keep everything above board can get down to stick books
but tkx anyway for clearing up questns bout talbots poor showing at hedges that was a footy matter

arent we talking bout footy on hear rich
surprised that u who likes to keep everything above board can get down to stick books
but tkx anyway for clearing up questns bout talbots poor showing at hedges that was a footy matter

She's pretty quiet on here Zakster... A bit of light conversation wont hurt!

How is carisbrook going this year without the great goalkicking machine meggsy.are they a top side ?will they play finals..

carisbrook seem to be competing well and will figure in the finals judging by the ladder..i had the privilage of watching a cracking game between avoca and carissbrook not long ago, the only match i have seen of this league..carisbrook didnt have any big forwards but the guy harris is a genuine star and one would think if he plays like that every week would havto be a big chance of your league medal dangling from his neck?
is this a chance?

carisbrook seem to be competing well and will figure in the finals judging by the ladder..i had the privilage of watching a cracking game between avoca and carissbrook not long ago, the only match i have seen of this league..carisbrook didnt have any big forwards but the guy harris is a genuine star and one would think if he plays like that every week would havto be a big chance of your league medal dangling from his neck?
is this a chance?

I would doubt he will play enough games to get close to the league medal.

Read any good stick books lately Wonker??? I hear u did a few situps on Sat night too! :)

Got sucked in nicely King - had my annual outing with the Talbot boys Sat night -threw an all nighter - still recovering and it's Tuesday - hope that's the last baby's head we have to wet from that direction. The venue sure did have a comprehensive library though King.
If you boys play as well on the field as you do off it, you can pencil in a premiership now.

On footy, what happened to Crank's betting odds for last Saturday - with Saturday's results he could have diminished that pile of pretend money that the King is sitting on. He quite possibly could have let the lot ride on Talbot or Dunolly.

Got sucked in nicely King - had my annual outing with the Talbot boys Sat night -threw an all nighter - still recovering and it's Tuesday - hope that's the last baby's head we have to wet from that direction. The venue sure did have a comprehensive library though King.
If you boys play as well on the field as you do off it, you can pencil in a premiership now.

On footy, what happened to Crank's betting odds for last Saturday - with Saturday's results he could have diminished that pile of pretend money that the King is sitting on. He quite possibly could have let the lot ride on Talbot or Dunolly.

Been too busy Wonker but yes there were a couple of upsets I missed out on. As for Chipper and the league medal I reckon he can give it a shake. Can Candyman elaborate on the head clash at Avoca?

Been too busy Wonker but yes there were a couple of upsets I missed out on. As for Chipper and the league medal I reckon he can give it a shake. Can Candyman elaborate on the head clash at Avoca?

I have no idea where Candyman is heading with this thread - he may be able to enlighten us all.

As far as Justin Harris is concerned he is no doubt a top talent but I noticed that he didn't feature in Brook's best six players last Saturday. I would have thought that he would need to feature in the best players each week to have a chance of winning the league B & F medallion after his late inclusion to the Brook line up.

I'm sure Brook would be more interested in him showing solid form during the finals series rather than winning a B & F award.

I have no idea where Candyman is heading with this thread - he may be able to enlighten us all.

As far as Justin Harris is concerned he is no doubt a top talent but I noticed that he didn't feature in Brook's best six players last Saturday. I would have thought that he would need to feature in the best players each week to have a chance of winning the league B & F medallion after his late inclusion to the Brook line up.

I'm sure Brook would be more interested in him showing solid form during the finals series rather than winning a B & F award.

He had a good first half, then was tagged out of the game by Danieal Smith I believe. Took some great grabs in the goal square.

Has anyone got any detailed results from the weekends games? The MCDFL website doesn't seem to have them.

big news out at avoca from the weekend is that resident superstar adrian pilgram has clashed heads with his ego and is set to miss the next two matches...how will this affect his clubs chances of securing a top 3 finish??

Speaking of head clashes ... maybe iron beast could tell us what happened at the bull saturday night?

Chipper could be close to the best player in the league but he won't get a B&F seeing he's only played half the year. There is some good quality in the MCDFL though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to play in the Bendigo League in the 90's and Maryborough always used to be a pretty competitive unit. I've noticed they have slipped pretty hard over the last couple of years and was wondering what the reason for it was.

Is the local talent base drying up or are they having trouble recruiting guys from the MCDFL. They used to get quite a few from this league from memory. Same with Castlemaine.

Who are the locals they have to get or get back to become competitive again in your opinion?

Great to see my old mate Daniel Smith out on the paddock in the 1's and im sure all the court boys are wrapped to see him back too.

For all you Harcourt fans the bloodhound will be in town on Saturday night to attend what im sure will be a brilliant evening of fun and frivolity at the Harcourt ball. Hoping to be in people and places again this year but im flying solo and minus the eye candy, so il be packing my very best dancing shoes!!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

I see Brook host the in-form Trentham side tomorrow, and the form that the redbacks are in, we may witness a great clash. Harris, Tracy and Wright up forward are the key to a red and black flag! 3 of the leagues finest...

WHAT on earth is going on, Rich and Botter Boys ??
Another loss, this time to the Maryboro Rovers --- close to a 3-goal loss in a low scoring affair.
And Talbot managed just 7 goals for the day. That's LESS than 2 goals a quarter.

Great to see my old mate Daniel Smith out on the paddock in the 1's and im sure all the court boys are wrapped to see him back too.

For all you Harcourt fans the bloodhound will be in town on Saturday night to attend what im sure will be a brilliant evening of fun and frivolity at the Harcourt ball. Hoping to be in people and places again this year but im flying solo and minus the eye candy, so il be packing my very best dancing shoes!!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

How was the ball Houndog? Did you tear up the dance floor? Or too busy working on a lucky lady?

WHAT on earth is going on, Rich and Botter Boys ??
Another loss, this time to the Maryboro Rovers --- close to a 3-goal loss in a low scoring affair.
And Talbot managed just 7 goals for the day. That's LESS than 2 goals a quarter.

Just not playing well Jock..... no excuses just need to bounce back this week!

can anyone give me an update how a guy buy the name of justin harris goes. most poeple call him chippa though. Can play and i hear hes gone to this league.

I seen the Brook and Harcourt Play a few weeks ago. Harris only gets the easy kick is a bit of a flashy player out on his own if he has somebody on him he wont have much imput

What a great weekend for the Avoca club - celebrated the ten year anniversary of the 1997 premierships where all grades of football went premiers on the one day.
After impressive wins by the under 17's and reserves in the earlier games on Saturday, the large crowd were treated to a nail biter with the result going Avoca's way by one point.
The cabaret ball saw 160 rock up and dance the night away. This was followed up by wall to wall people reminiscing at Dave's Avoca Hotel - where the beer's cold and the hospitality warm.
The Sunday saw a large crowd witness the Cow Pat Lotto at the clubrooms - 300 tickets sold with the popular winner being past president and life member Ken Beavis.
Julian Field won the atomic push up award - a little trick that was introduced from over Talbot way. Had everybody in stitches. A great way to finish a fabulous weekend.
The club has one more ten year reunion left next year as its senior and reserves team also went premiers in 1998. This will be the 'Last Chance' reunion as it will see off the golden era of the 90's when the club won three senior premierships in a row.
Pickings have been a bit slim since. Hopefully the club can make the most of its chances this year. Saturday's game against Harcourt may give some indication as to where the top two teams are at.
The winning team in Saturday's game will pretty well end up on top of the ladder at the end of the home and away season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back