Match Discussion Carlton v Geelong Round 9 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

should have won that game , had our chances

seriously its getting pathetic now of the amount of free kicks selwood is getting with the over the head frees, playing for it

i think now its time to win games agaisnt top 4 sides rather than playing good and losing by few,

current top 4
pies - loss
cats - loss
bombers- draw

The Stokes dropping the ball miss was a shocker, as was Duigan hurting the poor old umps feelings and him subsequently gifting the Cats a goal ... perhaps the blame can be shared.

Stokes took three steps at goal ffs! No prior my bum. That and the subsequent goal from the abuse kick really cost us.

Bad luck tonight guys, was rooting for ya hard and really thought you had the 4 points. If it wasn't for Judd bein Hurt I think you would have got it. Good luck in the finals, surely top 4 for you. :thumbsu:

Just say Betts had missed Warnock's shot. Would he get the same reply? No.

You haven't been reading these forums much this season. Betts has had his fair share of criticism. It's fair to say that he'd be copping it had he missed the shot.

Yeah I hope he is alright, Hopefully he doesn't miss too many weeks. I haven't seen what he did to his foot because I was listening to the radio.

Am absolutely gutted we did not get away with the 4 points but am extremely proud of what the boys showed tonight.
Warnock had a good game with 31 hit outs unfortunate he did not get the goal but thats footy for you ...
looking forward to hopefully meeting them again in September :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You haven't been reading these forums much this season. Betts has had his fair share of criticism. It's fair to say that he'd be copping it had he missed the shot.
but I think the oint is valid in that Robbie is an easy target/scapegoat

Stokes took three steps at goal ffs! No prior my bum. That and the subsequent goal from the abuse kick really cost us.
The Stokes goal for abuse was pretty thin skinned by the umpire, however Warnock, Waite and Walker all had reasonable shots at goal in the last 3 minutes and couldn't kick a major. Gotta take your chances but you were really competitive for 4 quarters and it is only round 9.

Warnock use it and learn mate . Don't drop your heads great performance all round. Judd injury hurt us badly taking Mclean off too early didn't help ,We won the free kick tallly but its where they are paid not how many you get and they got a lot in 50/50 situations. A lot of things went their way tonight like bullsh$t free kicks to Selwood(makes Reiwolt look like Barry Hall) the touched behind to Waite looked home ,but it was a great effort from a team missing Kreuzer,Houlihan,Bower and Henderson he has to come in now to allow Walker 3rd best defender. We are not far off at all great depth top 4 definitely:)

Now I've settled down a bit...regardless of the outcome (and it does come down to a few small things) the boys are looking very good this year. Laidley and Duigan are great, Jamo is A grade, and there is improvement across the board.

This year the target should be top 4, but the ultimate aim of number 17 is beginning to emerge...and in f**ken excited about that!

Now I've settled down a bit...regardless of the outcome (and it does come down to a few small things) the boys are looking very good this year. Laidley and Duigan are great, Jamo is A grade, and there is improvement across the board.

This year the target should be top 4, but the ultimate aim of number 17 is beginning to emerge...and in f**ken excited about that!

I agree on Duigan but Laidler made a LOT of mistakes and some of them were costly. To his credit, he fought hard.

Did anyone else feel we missed Robbo?

The boys to use the burn of that loss to fuel the rage for the year. Time for absolutely annihilation of melbourne, port, and brisbane. With Judd brought back to mortality from the foot injury, and with the injured and underdones we have to come in in the next month to two, the boys must believe how good they are and how good they will be come october.

Round 18 cant come soon enough, want to see the boys tear the heart out of essendons season.

Fireup!

I agree on Duigan but Laidler made a LOT of mistakes and some of them were costly. To his credit, he fought hard.

Did anyone else feel we missed Robbo?
surprised he was used as a sub only. I think we really missed Curnow.

Another positive is that we are the only team to win a quarter against the cats this year after half time. Disappointed to lose but a great effort otherwise, especially coming off the bye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Match Discussion Carlton v Geelong Round 9 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back