Roast Matt Hass is garbage and the Crows fitness is below AFL standard

Remove this Banner Ad

State of the playing list's fitness is disgraceful.

A delisted Brisbane player is showing up every midfielder in our team

Matt Crouch's condition is putrid. Other players returned from the break fat in my opinion, like Smith and Walker. Jones looks gassed and he's one one of the supposedly fittest guys in the squad.

Players struggling to run out a game against the 17th placed side

We're just about to hit a 4 day break too. Only going to get worse

Matt Hass needs to be held accountable

Last edited:
State of the playing list's fitness is disgraceful.

A delisted Brisbane player is showing up every midfielder in our team

Matt Crouch's condition is putrid. Other players returned from the break fat in my opinion, like Smith and Walker. Jones looks gassed and he's one one of the supposedly fittest guys in the squad.

Players struggling to run out a game against the 17th placed side.

Matt Hass needs to be held accountable
Not often I agree with your over the top negativity towards the club and particular players but it stands out like dog's balls that our fitness has gone to the "dogs". Watch Ben Keays and you have the answer right there staring you in the face, luckilly he's only had 1 preseason under this fitness crew.

Not often I agree with your over the top negativity towards the club and particular players but it stands out like dog's balls that our fitness has gone to the "dogs". Watch Ben Keays and you have the answer right there staring you in the face, luckilly he's only had 1 preseason under this fitness crew.

Ben Keays looks like he'd easily be fit enough to play two back to back AFL matches compared to the rest of the squad

I made the comment during the game when I saw Talia and himmelberg come to the bench and the same time as Keays who had been running through the midfield, and they looked spent and gasping for air. Meanwhile Keays was barely raising a sweat. Our fitness is non existent!

Burton & Haas had a terrible fitness record at the Lions... but thanks to Roo, he brought them both to here to destroy the Crows.

It's bewildering how these appointments were made in the 1st place, yet we keep him around after hamstring-gate.

Zero accountability for poor performance... not surprising when the fish rots from the head.

Watched the 1997 doco again a few weeks ago. The section where they spoke about the intense fitness regime they worked on preseason that helped them run out games has always stuck with me.

Watched the 1997 doco again a few weeks ago. The section where they spoke about the intense fitness regime they worked on preseason that helped them run out games has always stuck with me.
Craig was brilliant at structuring fitness and tapering for finals.

Burton & Haas had a terrible fitness record at the Lions... but thanks to Roo, he brought them both to here to destroy the Crows.

It's bewildering how these appointments were made in the 1st place, yet we keep him around after hamstring-gate.

Zero accountability for poor performance... not surprising when the fish rots from the head.

comes at a good price though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His appointment has come at a big cost!

Ditto Burton.

We don't have a single footy dept employee who would get an equivalent job at another club. Ogilvie the only possible exceptions. I expect Burton still set up our program when head of footy. This guy, like all others, operating beyond their level of expertise. Whole dept is full of L platers or proven failures.

Last edited:
I remember reading this article from just after the bye last and being concerned:

We all know how far we've fallen since then. Not only is our ability to cover the ground gone but there has been no physical development in nearly all of our players in the last two years. We've watched opposition players just waltz out of tackles, use their body to out mark our players and get separation in contested situations. These aren't just young players either, our senior 'experienced' players are just as guilty.

Trying to play team defence with poor fitness will never bold well......everyone know it's more easier for players to run hard forward when they know they are going to get rewarded.

Always one of the best two way runners at the club, goes to show we did have good fitness once upon a time, do we think they got the COVID break programs horribly wrong or entire pre-season
We got the appointment all wrong when we gave Burton the job and then we doubed down by appointing Haas as his successor.

Deep into the last quarter, Keays ran past 3 of his own teammates including Smith to put in a 2nd and then a 3rd effort. Literally putting pressure on 3 North opponents by himself while his teammates were nowhere to be seen. That one piece of play encapsulated everything that is wrong with our fitness program.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Matt Hass is garbage and the Crows fitness is below AFL standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back