Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our ball movement is good under him when it clicks. Think we really need a gun HBF and should be our first priority.

We've always had questionable selection at AFC but its the worst it's ever been under Nicks, silver lining of injuries is it forced Nicks hand to play these kids.

Our ball movement is good under him when it clicks. Think we really need a gun HBF and should be our first priority.

We've always had questionable selection at AFC but its the worst it's ever been under Nicks, silver lining of injuries is it forced Nicks hand to play these kids.
The concern is Laird admitted after the game they were uncomfortable with a shootout and because of the injuries the lock down game THEY PLANNED was in tatters

Its Marvel it was always going to be a shootout - just be better at the run and gun. You cannot defend the big boned ground

The concern is Laird admitted after the game they were uncomfortable with a shootout and because of the injuries the lock down game THEY PLANNED was in tatters

Its Marvel it was always going to be a shootout - just be better at the run and gun. You cannot defend the big boned ground
Saved from ourselves again by injuries

Not going to make us better, I can’t believe that zeez

Will be interesting if we ever get anywhere near our best side back how the side will look

Walker Rankine Worrell Milera and Pedlar - if fit come straight back into this side. Crouch position is interesting. Add in Cumming, pick 5-6 next year and Curtin - selection will be very interesting

McHenry, Jones and Harry seem to be the ones that have been surpassed by the younger brigade - and of course the latter two coming off serious injury last year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I find these wins as an indication that he truly did screw up our season with that defensive game plan and not playing the kids. We are good enough if coached well.

It's a bit concerning also when Nicks said before the game he wanted it to be a hard fought slog, and Keays said after the match it's probably not the way we want to play, a bit too free flowing.

We clearly play best when we take the game on and score, so why wouldn't we want to play like that?

And he'll get to do it again next year.

Our worst patches of the game are immediately after the players have spent extended time with him: starts, and after half time.

Will be interesting if we ever get anywhere near our best side back how the side will look

Walker Rankine Worrell Milera and Pedlar - if fit come straight back into this side. Crouch position is interesting. Add in Cumming, pick 5-6 next year and Curtin - selection will be very interesting

McHenry, Jones and Harry seem to be the ones that have been surpassed by the younger brigade - and of course the latter two coming off serious injury last year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wouldn’t worry about Milera or Pedlar - need to earn their place. Reckon we have better options now.

I wouldn’t worry about Milera or Pedlar - need to earn their place. Reckon we have better options now.

The guy in Pedlar’s place is Cook, who I like, but hasn’t shown anywhere near what Pedlar has.

Milera is an interesting one. The back line looks very good without him, I still think he’s a class player, perhaps a wing role, as although Dowling has been very good there I don’t know if that’s his permanent home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

🤢

Its like he thinks it was his idea

View attachment 2054257
It was only a couple of weeks ago he was telling us, 'have you seen our sanfl side play' ?
Gee he is an annoying fraud
It would have been exciting if you knew what talent was and you backed it in from the start of the season

Last edited:
Nicks must go eoy if the club has any aspirations for success. No finals last year and this year. A decent coach would have definitely got us into the finals both years.He is out of his depth, it's bloody obvious. Get him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back