Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we come away from the construction site (west lakes according to Olsen) and move to the brand new Thebby and Nix is still there (possibility) he will reap huge benefits. We will be on the crest of a wonderful wave…………………maybe.

I keep finding myself hoping that Nicks isn’t as bad as he appears …

Hoping that he is growing and learning and will come good eventually.

But he won’t.

It’s really just me knowing he isn’t going anywhere and trying to cope with the fact that my club is going to waste the talent we do have in the squad with a dud driving the bus.

Dawson
Rankine
Thilthorpe
Soligo
Fogarty
Rachelle
Michelanny
Worrell

That’s a pretty good start.

We still have good youth in the 2s including Curtin.

I have no faith in any of the club to do the right thing … none. We will be good citizens, we will look after our people. I want a ruthless streak that does whatever it takes.

I don’t feel any closer to a premiership, and that’s all that matters to me.
I don’t think anything much will happen before the shift to Thebarton.

Not a single one of them could unseat Murphy, they needed to wait for an injury.

I was listening to Triple M footy yesterday while I was driving.

They interviewed Keays. The players he was quick to give credit to were the young guys, absolutely fair enough.
ROB for lifting and dragging the midfielders along with him and how well Murphy played his role! :rolleyes:

And he'll get to do it again next year.

Our worst patches of the game are immediately after the players have spent extended time with him: starts, and after half time.
He’ll probably over react again over the preseason and next year have no defense, just all out attack.

When we come away from the construction site (west lakes according to Olsen) and move to the brand new Thebby and Nix is still there (possibility) he will reap huge benefits. We will be on the crest of a wonderful wave…………………maybe.
Not a chance.

A month ago Dowling and Taylor weren't up to it according to Nix, this is why he should be shown the door.
Whilst we have played out of form senior players all year!

Love how he’s now giddy over the kids who he was dragged into playing, said needed to learn our values and had stuff to work on meanwhile he was playing McHenry….
The problem would be, as it usually is, he'd think the success they're having is because of, not in spite of how they were handled.

The problem would be, as it usually is, he'd think the success they're having is because of, not in spite of how they were handled.
Some posters already subscribe to this theory

All I can say after fridays win is Nicks is answering his critics well. Me being one of them.

I plan to keep this post positive so although Nicks made at least a couple of mistakes at the beginning of the year, I feel we have spoken enough about those for the time being.

So, where do we stand as a supporter group moving forward? All I am going to do for awhile is get behind the team and pray Nicks has learned from his mistakes and next year is finally a year where we really make an impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was listening to Triple M footy yesterday while I was driving.

They interviewed Keays. The players he was quick to give credit to were the young guys, absolutely fair enough.
ROB for lifting and dragging the midfielders along with him and how well Murphy played his role! :rolleyes:

Does Murphy hypnotise his team mates? Is that how he got into the leadership group.

All I can say after fridays win is Nicks is answering his critics well. Me being one of them.

I plan to keep this post positive so although Nicks made at least a couple of mistakes at the beginning of the year, I feel we have spoken enough about those for the time being.

So, where do we stand as a supporter group moving forward? All I am going to do for awhile is get behind the team and pray Nicks has learned from his mistakes and next year is finally a year where we really make an impact.
Nope, he's done. Unfortunately next year will be another wasted year.

I have sat firmly on the fence since Nicks was appointed. I think I commented in 2020 that we have no semblance of a game plan but as our playing group has improved, our game plan has improved.

This week we will have 6 or our best 15 players unavailable (Murray, Worrell, Milera, Crouch, Dawson and Rankine). I believe the only definite best 22 player missing for Hawthorn will be Mitch Lewis. I predict that Sam Mitchell will out coach Nicks this week. Sam has really improved his coaching which coincided with the return of a fit and firing Sicily.

Craig McRae coached brilliantly last year but with 6 first choice players unavailable on the weekend he seems to have lost the plot.

He’ll probably over react again over the preseason and next year have no defense, just all out attack.
Keep your head down. Follow through.

images-1.jpeg

That didn't work, so move your head and don't follow through.

I have sat firmly on the fence since Nicks was appointed. I think I commented in 2020 that we have no semblance of a game plan but as our playing group has improved, our game plan has improved.

This week we will have 6 or our best 15 players unavailable (Murray, Worrell, Milera, Crouch, Dawson and Rankine). I believe the only definite best 22 player missing for Hawthorn will be Mitch Lewis. I predict that Sam Mitchell will out coach Nicks this week. Sam has really improved his coaching which coincided with the return of a fit and firing Sicily.

Craig McRae coached brilliantly last year but with 6 first choice players unavailable on the weekend he seems to have lost the plot.
Worrell, Milera and Crouch best 15?

Nah.

"A couple of mistakes". That's a laugh. He cost us finals yet again with a myriad of mistakes. 2nd year in a row btw. How many opportunities are we gonna give Mark Neeld 2.0? The bloke is a complete bum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back