Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

See I think he speaks well, and I like the 'team first' mantra stuff. Its game day where he fails.
I find the issue is he leans back on the same lines so frequently that it starts to ring as inauthentic and like he did a leadership training course and got told to say those things.

I find the issue is he leans back on the same lines so frequently that it starts to ring as inauthentic and like he did a leadership training course and got told to say those things.
Thats a fair point.

I reckon if the players find his onfield message isnt getting through which would be the case, then the rest of the messages fall away. If we start poorly again next year I can foresee him losing his job before the bye.

If i were a prospective coach looking for a gig, this one might be on the market soon enough.

You listen to some other coaches and they captivate you with what they say, how they think etc. There's something there, some real substance.

You want to hear more, you will take the time to click and listen to an interview/presser they've done.

Nicks is just, eh.
Exactly as you said above.
But every one of them at the club is like that really. And like they're just workers there doing their job.

You listen to some other coaches and they captivate you with what they say, how they think etc. There's something there, some real substance.

You want to hear more, you will take the time to click and listen to an interview/presser they've done.

Nicks is just, eh.
Exactly as you said above.
But every one of them at the club is like that really. And like they're just workers there doing their job.
Nicks is aptly named... he has Nix.

He has no substance because unfortunately he is not smart enough to be a senior coach.

It really is that simple thaf he doesn't have what it takes.

What is more concerning is the idiots who made the decision to extend him can't see this... so they are clearly incapable of making good decisions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Back