Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m just waiting to see how our R1 team looks like.

Think we will know what 2025 is in store for us looking at that side - Laird to HBF and Murphy out of the team.

Even Laird at half back with his insipid efforts would be a bad sign. It's not hard to select 7 back half players ahead of him. Murray, Butts/Keane, Worrell, Max, Hinge, Cumming, Bond, Nankivell. That's 8 and I'd have Jones ahead of him as an actual small defender, but happy to concede that to avoid argument.

CNN: Throughout the book, you share stories of your self-inflicted wounds. In some way it is an anti-self-help book, showing how failure can help in your success. Why write about the failures?

Tyler: I always tell people that success is not the absence of failure, success is persistence through failure. So it does show how failure can help. I mean I think there are a lot of people who are crippled by a failure. Crippled by something that goes wrong in their lives. And we’re crippled by a fear of failure.

Yikes.

Yeah and it seems he missed the point. You're supposed to learn from the failures, not repeat them.

I’m just waiting to see how our R1 team looks like.

Think we will know what 2025 is in store for us looking at that side - Laird to HBF and Murphy out of the team.

Smith, Laird and Murphy should all be out of the R1 side, but we know Nicks suffers summer amnesia so I'm preparing for all 3 to front up in R1, Nicks believes they are all a big part of our future.

Even Laird at half back with his insipid efforts would be a bad sign. It's not hard to select 7 back half players ahead of him. Murray, Butts/Keane, Worrell, Max, Hinge, Cumming, Bond, Nankivell. That's 8 and I'd have Jones ahead of him as an actual small defender, but happy to concede that to avoid argument.

I’m fully aware of what should actually happen but Nicks to remove Laird from our side - I just don’t see that happening.

Smith, Laird and Murphy should all be out of the R1 side, but we know Nicks suffers summer amnesia so I'm preparing for all 3 to front up in R1, Nicks believes they are all a big part of our future.

Don’t disagree but Nicks thinks he is on the right track - probably Smith misses the cut but the other two? Who ****ing knows!

Don’t disagree but Nicks thinks he is on the right track - probably Smith misses the cut but the other two? Who ****ing knows!

Based on Nicks selection policies his round 1 side is just as likely to be

B: Michalanney Murray Smith
HB: Hinge Worrell Milera
C: Scholl Dawson Soligo
HF: Keays Walker Murphy
F: Rachele, Fogarty, Thilthorpe
R: O’Brien, Crouch, Laird
I/C: Burgess, Berry, Jones, Nankervis
Sub: ANB

Emerg: Peatling, Cumming, Curtin

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser