Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nicks got a huge win this off season with 3 good recruits, will also get Welsh and a pick 4 mid. The club was able to add Davis as its director of coaching as well. So all in all, this ranks for an Adelaide offseason A+++

What does this mean for Nicks though? I for one am keen to see what Nicks can finally do. With this recruitment, surely the pro Nicks crowd and the club have run out of excuses and now Nicks is surely living and dying on what he does next season. I am putting it on record, I dont hope he fails, I have always said I am happy to be proved wrong every step of the way in all my assessments.
Is there a pro-Nicks crowd?

This needs to be discussed, here it is in all it’s glory

Starting a speech at a Club Champion dinner by potting people for criticising the club in a season which you finished 15th was a bold strategy by a bald coach.

gNbmwo102Z1_MxxzV1ggpHQr2VI=.gif

I’ll have to try and listen again when I’m less angry.

Don’t question?
Stay the course?
Believe in what we are doing?

Dear God.

Great teams question everything they do.
Changing course when you’re heading for a disaster is a good thing.
If what we are doing produces what we got … belief is the wrong word.

He needs to realise that he is not talking just to his inner circle - he has a public role.

Embarrassing.

Were there any valid criticisms from outside the club, Nicksy?

Or was it all off the mark, delivered by people outside the inner sanctum who just don't get how great everything is?

This is peak AFC on display for all to see.

It's the same mentality that be brought us classics like, "If you don't think my mate Burton is doing a great job, go and find another club to support".

This club's finger is so far off the pulse they wouldn't even know what it feels like.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Back