Oppo Camp Max Lynch (Traded to Hawks 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we looked a much better team when Cameron (more often) and Grundy drop back into defence to help out. Cameron is a bloody good contested mark.

I could easily see a scenario where Cameron pushes back into defence, Lynch rucks around the ground and Grundy pushes forward. Grundy doesn’t have to mark etc - if he is keeping the opposition ruckman from intercept marking and allowing the other forwards to compete one on one then thats a win.
Pardon the intrusion. There is talk in the media that Cameron or Lynch are likely to be traded to the dogs. Not sure how true this is. From your angle is this true, or is it just media garbage at this time. I like the look of Cameron, but don't think he would be traded (to anybody) by the Pies to the doggies? Opinions?

Pardon the intrusion. There is talk in the media that Cameron or Lynch are likely to be traded to the dogs. Not sure how true this is. From your angle is this true, or is it just media garbage at this time. I like the look of Cameron, but don't think he would be traded (to anybody) by the Pies to the doggies? Opinions?
Lynch is the likely one (if any) because he is out of contract. We only just traded for Cameron last summer and he seems to be the preferred option considering how much he played last season. From the Dogs perspective, I think Lynch is the preferable target too as he is a ruck first and foremost.

Every club will have a list of ‘Do not trade under any circumstances’ players. They’re players who the team is built around, and they have a value to the team that cannot easily be replaced. Maybe that list gets a little shorter when teams get a new coaching panel, with the new coaches perhaps more inclined to shake things up.

I can’t imagine anybody would think Cameron or Lynch would be on Collingwood’s ‘Do not trade under any circumstances’ list.

But it would come down to (a) how interested the player is in sticking around? and (b) can the club get higher value in return.

I have no idea re media talk.

Cameron is more effective as a forward that can give you five minute bursts in the ruck. He does not seem overly strong. For me he is maybe a third forward - as in takes the third best defender for the opposition. He is definitely not good enough to take the oppositions best defender. I would definitely be keeping him.

Lynch has a great leap on him and times it well. From what i have read on social media and maybe on here, people do not think Lynch is capable of being the number one ruck for a team - i disagree. I think he would handle it well. Rucks and then drops back into defence to fill the hole.

If i were Geelong i would go get Lynch - Let him ruck and drop into defence while Stanley roams around the ground and makes use of his endurance.

Lynch is then obvious one as he’s a genuine first ruck behind Grundy.

Cameron has taken Cox’s place as a key forward although I don’t think he’s a world beater either. It would be a huge move to replace him with the untried Kreuger and then presumably retain Cox as depth.

Maybe it depends on trade value and the Dogs interests. Cameron is certainly more ready made for them.

Sam Edmund saying that Hawthorn are looking at Lynch for a late pick to help us with points for Daicos and Dib.

If this eventuates I'd like us to target whatever pick they get if Ceglar leaves alternatively a package of pick 56 and 62 which gets us another 320 points to match Daicos bid.

Sam Edmund saying that Hawthorn are looking at Lynch for a late pick to help us with points for Daicos and Dib.

lol “to help us”

I love how Ceglar is getting talked up by the AFL meeedia

If Hawthorn pull of swapping in a round about way Ceglar for Lynch and improve their draft position, that is pretty fine work.

Watch the meeeeedia next year recognise how good Lynch is - “Oh that Mitchell must be a great coach”.

lol “to help us”

I love how Ceglar is getting talked up by the AFL meeedia

If Hawthorn pull of swapping in a round about way Ceglar for Lynch and improve their draft position, that is pretty fine work.

Watch the meeeeedia next year recognise how good Lynch is - “Oh that Mitchell must be a great coach”.
It's the media . . . WGAF????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Cameron will be ideal for the Doggies as a ruckman, but I don't think the Pies will let him go, unless you made them an offer they couldn't refuse.
He is a strong contested mark, a big body and can play forward and kick a goal.

Again, I've never heard of the Pies entertaining a trade for him.

The Max Lynch lunchtime podcasts are sensational .

So far I have listened to the Maynard (top quality), Grundy, Sier and now Ruscoe.

There’s no point in keeping him around if he isn’t going to be playing.
He needs to be playing to see whether he can make it And it’s obvious it isn’t going to be here

Round 1 2022 Grundy breaks his leg?
Or does a Knee etc.

We still have Cameron.
Begg can pinch hit as a back up too if required.
He is third in line as it stands and has been here for some 5 years already.
There’s no point keeping him around or him even sticking around with no game rime in sight

We still have Cameron.
There’s no point keeping him around or him even sticking around with no game rime in sight
You are probably right. We picked him up for nothing and he’s been with us for quite a while. I’d prefer to keep him but he needs to move on for his own development.

We still have Cameron.

Never seen this Beeg player :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Max Lynch (Traded to Hawks 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back