Maxwells captaincy how long will he last?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Maxwelss captaincy how long will he last?

how long will maxwel have the captaincy? could he be captain untill he retires?
Depends when Pendles is Ready to be Captain

Re: Maxwelss captaincy how long will he last?

Depends when Pendles is Ready to be Captain
i dont really think that will come into personally

I can't see him being stripped of it really. it rarely happens.

As long as he is playing, or until he hands it over himself.

If they wanted to give it to someone to have till Pendles was ready, they'd have gone for an older guy like Tarks.

He's our captain for 5+ years easy.

I can't see him being stripped of it really. it rarely happens.

As long as he is playing, or until he hands it over himself.

If they wanted to give it to someone to have till Pendles was ready, they'd have gone for an older guy like Tarks.

He's our captain for 5+ years easy.

This is about right , unless we get a new coach then we may see a shake up.

Realy like Nick..... but can't help but think he's just a stop gap until Pendles is ready for the presure of being the captain of the most famous sporting club in the land. Either way good luck Nick!:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 to 5 years

By that time Pendles will be about 25 or 26

That seems so old for Pendles. I wonder what he'll look like as an old man, it's hard to imagine.

This is what he looks like:

PENDELBURYscott.jpg

He's a cool guy actually, look at him here:

wbGALpendlebury.jpg

and he's even better here:

71457134.jpg

Maxwell and mick holding the cup aloft? meh i just cant picture it... bucks and mick yes... burns and mick yes! I think we've seen the best of Nick maxwell he simply doesn't do enough. What he does is good, but hes not a consitant contributor.

Maxwell and mick holding the cup aloft? meh i just cant picture it... bucks and mick yes... burns and mick yes! I think we've seen the best of Nick maxwell he simply doesn't do enough. What he does is good, but hes not a consitant contributor.

Nah...

Maxwell is a gun, look at him here:

71529815.jpg

here:

collvhaw08_gallery__600x400.jpg

and here:

pies-in-dubai.jpg

Its been 3 hours FFS .......

I can't believe this thread either. :mad:

If people can't give Maxy full support then how about a simple break!???

This is about right , unless we get a new coach then we may see a shake up.

Given that Bucks called Maxy will be the new captain and that Bucks will be the new coach I doubt it'll be a simple case of a "shake up".

Captains are NEVER, EVER, EVER chosen lightly.

what i love about Nick is that he plays for the gurnsey, the way it's meant to be.
He bleeds black and white.

I can't believe how people can be so negative towards a player from THEIR OWN TEAM!!
Fair enough he is not the best player out there and fair enough he may not be everybody's favourite player but he is still s Collingwood player. And now he is the captain! People should get off his back and give him the respect that our captain deserves.
I'll support him 100% and back him all the way as long as he wears the BLACK AND WHITE jumper.

There is a few things that will decide this. As Smiddaz said captain's are rarely stripped of the role. They either give it up ( or are given a push to hand it over) or they retire captain.

The circumstances that may see the above are A) Someone like Pendles who is the best player in the leadership group and pretty young really stepping up and being the unignorable spiritual leader of the club and playing group.

Or the more likely that he comes under pressure for his spot and the added pressure of being captian is too much. He has had over the last two seasons very poor runs. As has been mentioned in another thread the players competiting for his spots where not in good form either and as such dropping him wouldn't have been of great value. However he is the player who holds the least footballing value in a position that has now got a long line of players waiting for a gig. If say a Blight develops very fast physically his footballing ability (at least in terms of that ugly word potential) is greater then someone like Maxwell's and the rest of the backline fill far more important structural roles.

Can you show me when in the last couple of years Maxwell has been dropped because of poor form?

I am a real fan of Pendles... but I can say without doubt that most of this Maxwell bashing is from disappointed "Pendles will be captain fans"

Side by side

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24813495-19742,00.html

Malthouse said the decision to appoint Maxwell as captain was "a very, very easy choice in the end" because of the leadership he had shown on and off the field in guiding the younger players which make up the bulk of Collingwood's list.
"It's not something that he's going to be new to because he's been doing it since he's been at the football club. We are a young club and he's been excellent in all areas," Malthouse said.
"I think Nick Maxwell is going to be one of the great captains of the AFL, I have the utmost confidence in that because of the person.
"That's the first criteria - someone who has got great strength of character and all the other stuff comes together at the right time."

Remove this Banner Ad

Maxwells captaincy how long will he last?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back