May - Daily Punt

Remove this Banner Ad

ha ha moral winner

I think the Group 1 subsequent win in the Guineas puts it above Savabeel and fellow pits contender Pinker Pinker.

Forgot about Pinker Pinker - probs from the aneurism caused by her winning the race.

Where are all the 3yo staying males?
Top 3 & 6 of top 10 in the The Qld Derby market are fillies inc Telepathic who is fave for the Rough Habit today

seth

Flogged, retired, dead or burnt out by trying to get them set for the Slipper.

Flogged, retired, dead or burnt out by trying to get them set for the Slipper.

Bit of a myth. You don't see many staying bred types run before March/April. And of course following your logic why are the 3yr old staying fillies going well. It may be that the colts aren't much good.

Bit of a myth. You don't see many staying bred types run before March/April. And of course following your logic why are the 3yr old staying fillies going well. It may be that the colts aren't much good.

Was tongue in cheek.

You don't see many of the staying bred types run before March and April because they are running in Europe.

Liking Albizia in R3 at Grafton

Was very impressive when won two back, before failing in a much stronger race at Eagle Farm. Drops back in grade and and think hes a big, big chance to win today.

Grafton

R3 - $11/$3.20

Liking Albizia in R3 at Grafton

Was very impressive when won two back, before failing in a much stronger race at Eagle Farm. Drops back in grade and and think hes a big, big chance to win today.

Grafton

R3 - $11/$3.20

Bleh, rider left way too much to do late. Still covered a lot of ground from close to the rear. Marginalize made up for it in Mackay though :thumbsu:

Ok, wana start a convo about the Doomben cup without upsetting anyone so i will try and not have any fun and behave myself, promise xox

Really really like one here at odds but the weather forecast has soured me and stopped me from piling in, Moriarty.

First off, hates wet tracks, total disdain for them. (same could probably be said for Junoob but i think this fella is even worse on them)....I bet up large two starts back in Sydney on the advice from the ever reliable bureau of meteorology ( :rolleyes: ) and got burnt. Mori, was dead set travelling coming to the turn was about to let down when the wheels decided to spin, battled to the line with no sprint to go down around two lengths to Junoob and a few others. Said to myself 'self, if this guy ever sees a dry track this prep in a similar class you will get it all back and then some'. Two weeks ago, running at the Gold Coast, another heavy track, again, tracks into the race well and battles it out to the line to go down by 1.9 lengths, didnt have a penny on because of the track conditions, smart move. Last Saturday at Doomben, a good track, FFS, why couldnt this race have been last week? This week, rain is antincipated for Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday (not heavy rain but enough to worry me).

Its a shame because i really want to dive into the $13 currently on offer, if i knew this track would be no worse than a dead on Saturday i would make him my bet of the month. He is ready to win, not a doubt in my mind, just needs the appropriate conditions. Has competed against some Australia's best at WFA at this distance in the past (i say he's going no worse than he was then) and despite the obvious upside of some in this race (Leebaz, Junoob and Akzar) he has a class edge for mine. If he had conditions to suit he would be a $5-$6 chance with me.

May spec a lil sumthin at the $13 just for the severe overs im getting, but god damn, the carnvial weather this autumn/winter is brutal.

EDIT: Weather forecasts have changed, maybe in my favour....Very little chance of rain on Thursday, Friday and Saturday now. Had some rain today but not too much, Tomorrow is the D-Day, forecast of rain, will see how much falls.

Will hold off until then...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weather forecast looking very favourable for me and punting on the Doomben Cup, only a chance of rain tonight and some tomorrow afternoon. No rain fallen today (so far) or yesterday, none for Saturday, minimal chance on Friday. At the very worst im thinking it will be a slow 6 Saturday morning with a likely upgrade during the day. Happy to let fly now.

Ive identified the two i like that have come up overs with me:

Moriarty, locked and loaded. Took some of the $13 last night on offer, have taken more at the $11 today and still very happy with that price.

Junoob, overs everywhere but Sportingbet have been very generous and given $6.50 (i have at $4).

Confident in my picks, two of my bigger bets this month. **** off rain!

Last edited:
Surprised they didn't keep Shamus The Cat in training for this - one of the s****test 2000m Group 1's I have seen

Agree Paris, when i said Moriarty will win in this class this prep if he gets a dry track, i didn't think it would be a group 1, this is a group 3 at best.

What if Akzar wins? Warnambool Cup winner to a Group 1 WFA winner next start :oops:, wont that form look totally spaz....:drunk:

Agree Paris, when i said Moriarty will win in this class this prep if he gets a dry track, i didn't think it would be a group 1, this is a group 3 at best.

What if Akzar wins? Warnambool Cup winner to a Group 1 WFA winner next start :oops:, wont that form look totally spaz....:drunk:

I have made it the Punt Comp venue anyway - now just have to death ride your certs :D

Remove this Banner Ad

May - Daily Punt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back