McCartin v McAdams

Remove this Banner Ad

Tell the MRO/Tribunal from the majority of this season.

The Duncan case was the most relevant tonight. Football accident. Perhaps ask why if he was so badly injured he wasn’t off for a HIA…

The Duncan case was the most relevant tonight. Football accident. Perhaps ask why if he was so badly injured he wasn’t off for a HIA…
Mate I’m happy for you that McCartin got off. I quite like the Swans. Doesn’t change the fact that the tribunal and the AFL in general is a complete and utter laughing stock.

They’re all football incidents, because (barring a Barry Hall type punch to the head) they’re footballing actions resulting in contact to the head. The AFL has been very very clear where they stand on this. Until Duncan and McCartin.

So McAdam bumps a player in the chest, no injury, but gets 3 weeks because of the 'potential' to cause injury.

McCartin bumps McAdam, hits his head, fractures his cheek bone (an ACTUAL injury) and gets....nothing?

Is this a joke?

What has McAdam done to these clowns?

Finally we catch a break and a bit of luck goes our way
Angry Aubrey Plaza GIF by Parks and Recreation

It got what it deserved tonight tossed out as it should have been. Christian is hopeless get rid of him
I don’t think it should have been a suspension either, but there has been a precedent set for most of this year by the AFL and this probably should of been a week or 2 going on other suspensions this year.

Mate I’m happy for you that McCartin got off. I quite like the Swans. Doesn’t change the fact that the tribunal and the AFL in general is a complete and utter laughing stock.

They’re all football incidents, because (barring a Barry Hall type punch to the head) they’re footballing actions resulting in contact to the head. The AFL has been very very clear where they stand on this. Until Duncan and McCartin.

Every tribunal is it’s the reason they are tribunals not courts. If he got hit in the head and I’m far from convinced why wasn’t there a HIA, that should be a huge question. Had no issue with the Duncan one and they applied consistency here.

I don’t think it should have been a suspension either, but there has been a precedent set for most of this year by the AFL and this probably should of been a week or 2 going on other suspensions this year.

Mitch Duncan case (or not being even charged) said otherwise. Basically the same circumstances

So McAdam bumps a player in the chest, no injury, but gets 3 weeks because of the 'potential' to cause injury.

McCartin bumps McAdam, hits his head, fractures his cheek bone (an ACTUAL injury) and gets....nothing?

Is this a joke?

McAdam's 2 incidents this year confirms how corrupt the tribunal system is.

The AFL this week are just completely taking the piss out of AFC.

Will cost them more members as more supporters walk away from this bunch of amateurs...

Horrible outcome. Bumps a player and breaks his jaw but then is free to play

You can read the decision.

You can then disagree with the decision.

Editing the post. Horrible outcome. Player did not bump, nor did player make forceful contact. Player rode the inevitable impact and there was little else he could reasonably do.

Accidents happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this a joke?

you're kidding yourself if you're comparing that previous McAdam 'bump' to this.

That previous citing, it was evident to all McAdam leapt with every sinew of his being into his opponent. Quit it with the SA Victim mentality. It's tedious.

Editing the post. Horrible outcome. Player did not bump, nor did player make forceful contact. Player rode the inevitable impact and there was little else he could reasonably do.

Accidents happen
shut up while you are ahead ya right w***er
enjoy your cheated for club til it becomes the bloods in a couple weeks, btw wtf is bloods culture being a club that just about wins nothing and is forced to move and then given more money than the rest for their players, joke of a side joke of a decision just like how your champs drop the ball soon as get touched and get holding the man. Nevermind clearly blind umpires you are just as blind.

shut up while you are ahead ya right w***er
enjoy your cheated for club til it becomes the bloods in a couple weeks, btw wtf is bloods culture being a club that just about wins nothing and is forced to move and then given more money than the rest for their players, joke of a side joke of a decision just like how your champs drop the ball soon as get touched and get holding the man. Nevermind clearly blind umpires you are just as blind.

wow.

have a good night

Accidents happen

Why don't the Sydney swans supporters get their tongue out of the afls ass, the league already has theirs up yours we don't need double tongue action.

I’m not celebrating. There’s no evidence the fracture occurred during this incident.

Just highlighting that this was a rubbish trial by media and should never have gone to MRP

If I was a crows fan I’d be asking why no HIA was done.

Somehow has a fracture but wasn’t off for a HIA? Which one is it?

I am frustrated that he was even allowed to take his kick. We have to be cautious.

But I'm not sure how those two issues are linked.

It's this weird thing on forums where if your club does something wrong then it absolves every other unrelated thing.

It's like bringing up the Jenkins controversy from years ago and saying 'oh but look at this' as if it evens things out instead of everyone thinking 'gee the system really needs fixing'.

I think you can both be happy your player got off AND refrain from calling a player who sustained an injury an idiot. Get defensive if you like.

Rhyan Mansell sitting at home baffled...

Onus is on the player to protect the head McCartin didn't. Players have gotten suspended for less than that (accidental head clashes in tackles etc).

AFL darlings get looked after at the Tribunal again.

Remove this Banner Ad

McCartin v McAdams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back