McGuire should resign

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't agree with the get rid of Eddie and Pert post. But i am gutted that Judd has chosen Carlton ahead of us, this is a joke! How can any player choose Carlton in this state over Collingwood? And why would they chose Carlton? Is it the facilities that are better? NO. Is their coach better? NO. Is their list supperior? No. So why Carlton over Collingwood? Well it has to be down to the people trying to woo him to the club and Eddie and Co. could not get the job done. Same goes for, N. Stevens, Everitt, Ottens, L. Power, N. Brown, Judd, J. Brown. All elite players that we chased but could not get the deal closed. And all of them would have helped in making us more successful. Why did we not get them? Are we arrogant are our deal makers not good enough. What is the reason why Judd chose the second worst team in league over the preliminary finalist?

Gutted, Angry, Frustrated and still can not believe the fact we missed out on the best player in the comp.

Out list of youngsters could have improved under Judd a whole lot more that without him. He is a worker and a professional and that would have made the youngsters look up to him and emulate him.

We can start going on about our young list and the potential they have, potential is a word i hate the most when associated with Sport. It means jack S.Hit. in Judd we would have had a proven STAR player and some one others can look up to and want to play with. But we shall see what comes out of Reid and Co. in the coming years....

Reid should have been traded along with Didak to get the picks we needed to get Judd. Eddie and Co. should have been bending over backwards to get Judd to at least nominate Collingwood. But we believe in out young and MM who is yet to address out ruck problem, after 8 years of missery.

GUTTED!!!!

P.S. This is more out of frustration and my hate for Carlton than what i truly believe so don't go bagging me too much. Go PIES......................

um lets see. carlton closed the deal because they had earlier draft picks than us. because they are much worse than us. why? because the pies are way ahead of the other melbourne based clubs. they started from scratch and moved to the lexus centre and rebuilt. all the other melbourne clubs (except maybe the dons) are facing that reality NOW. im no eddie lover but i think he has done a great job.

i dont care if we looks like we cant close a deal and the carlton scum gloat about snaring judd.

i do care that we are bringing on our kids with a sense of self belief and a desire to suceed.

Mods delete this thread and ban the user, it is fuggin embarassing.

Has all the usual tell tale signs of the DL, Gunder, MMFavourites troll.

Stop trolling me personally and address the issue.

How do you address a non-issue?
You have expressed an opinion which I do not find any merit in whatsoever.
You may as well have said stated that "Eddie is the son of Satan and has never done a good thing for Collingwood".

Show me the flag? Five points? Hell we could say the same about 64 66 70 79 81 02, we still didnt win, but lets feel good about it.

Historian you forgot about 77 & 03 (they still hurt)

Apart from the McGuire should resign comment, Collingwood surely must re-assess the way they go about drawing players such as Judd to our club. For all of McGuire’s posturing about how proud a club we are (tell us something we don’t know) we never get them here.

We (as a club) come across as cocky and arrogant and one which severely over-rates its players. 9 All-Australians versus Zero should tell us something, and I mean no disrespect to the kids who have offered so much this year. But we typically only offer crap in return for quality and are looked upon as difficult to deal with. For someone like Judd you must offer.

There is no disputing what Eddie has done for this club or how financially successful we are, but that is off the field. 1 flag in 49 years is not successful. Judd is the best in the country and we have the best facilities going around. But even then it’s not enough and why isnt it enough. We (again) didn't get the deal done.

Come on lets get out of this way of thinking. When Ed first put his hand up to take over as president, this club was on it's knees, poor financially, and poor on the ground. Alot of hard work by Eddie, and he got the right people involved in the club, see us now financially the strongest in Melbourne, we have played in 2 grand finals and look to be headed to another maybe next year.
I think you will find that it's not Eddie that can't get the deals through, it's the other clubs not willing to deal with Collingwood. Why, l don't really know, but maybe because it's Collingwood. That's fine though, we are gathering together a exciting list, probably along with Hawthorn, the best young list in the competition. We have the best facilities amongst all the Melbourne clubs, and we have plenty in the bank.
Judd is a tool. l thought he was looking for a club with excellent facilities, good developing list, plays at the MCG (Carlton's home ground is the Telstra Dome), and a side that will be playing finals football. Carlton is none of these, so he has gone with the dollars, as l'm sure Carlton is going to be paying him nearly 35% of their salary cap. So good luck to him and when Carlton wins the spoon (again) next year, he can shove it up his arse.

Eddie' repeated failure over 9 years to lure any big name players ot Collingwood despite all his posturing means he has basically failed to improve our on field performance as promised.

His failure to get Judd to nominate Collingwood (no matter whether they did the trade or not) is surely the final straw?

Eddie and his Channel 9 puppet Pert both need to resign.

Swan has outsmarted them both. Pathetic.

This bloke has to really be a Carlton supporter surely?

No Collingwood person would write crap like this.:thumbsdown::mad:

Mods delete this thread and ban the user, it is fuggin embarassing.

Has all the usual tell tale signs of the DL, Gunder, MMFavourites troll.

I dont see where I have breached any rules.

perhaps you should be banned for back seat moderating. Petty.

Some people on here are acting like we lost a premiership.

If you want to throw away everything the club has done over the last three years to win not a flag but a player then you are seriously deluded.

Like I have said elsewhere some people have not left the 80s where teams could buy flags, it ain't that simple anymore the environment has changed and a whole range of issues from Salary cap, offering deals for the traded player and team harmony come into play.

Collingwood keep going down the path we are currently on and success will surely follow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This bloke has to really be a Carlton supporter surely?

No Collingwood person would write crap like this.:thumbsdown::mad:

I am sick of Collingwood's continued failures. having watched 8 GF losses over the years esp 79-81 just b/c we didnt want to spend an extra $15K to recruit Bernie Quinlan, all I see is history repeating itself.

Eddie said to me at a members party in 2000 we were going to attract all the top players as they come out of contract as they were going to see what we are about. Result NOTHING.

Then he said the Lexus Centre is our biggest seling point. REALLY?

The only big name we have gotten in 9 years is when we got Woewodin and that was because he fell into our lap.

So keep your petty accusations to yourself. You sound like frigging Richmond supporters, that is, brain dead.

Eddie' repeated failure over 9 years to lure any big name players ot Collingwood despite all his posturing means he has basically failed to improve our on field performance as promised.

His failure to get Judd to nominate Collingwood (no matter whether they did the trade or not) is surely the final straw?

Eddie and his Channel 9 puppet Pert both need to resign.

Swan has outsmarted them both. Pathetic.

Bit of a knee-jerk reaction, isn't it.
I wouldn't have thought it Richard Pratt get's beaten that often during "business", so to blame Eddie is a little over the top if you ask me.

I am sick of Collingwood's continued failures. having watched 8 GF losses over the years esp 79-81 just b/c we didnt want to spend an extra $15K to recruit Bernie Quinlan, all I see is history repeating itself.

Eddie said to me at a members party in 2000 we were going to attract all the top players as they come out of contract as they were going to see what we are about. Result NOTHING.

The only big name we have gotten in 9 years is when we got Woewodin and that was because he fell into our lap.

So keep your petty accusations to yourself. You sound like frigging Richmond supporters, that is, brain dead.

That is generally how trades happen these days. Judd fell into Carlton's lap, well that is not quite true, the cheating bastards probably planned for this scenario from round 11 onwards and made sure they had the necessary picks to secure a deal, but unless you are Sydney who somehow don't have to give up all that much during trade time, trades are generally overrated and cost you too much.

Look if the pies were Carlton's position, Judd would suit to a tee, but we are not we are on the up and the only way we could secure him would have been to sell one of Daisy, Pendles or Cloke, whose futures I am sure you agree are pretty damn rosy.

Thomas, Pendlebury, Cloke, Clarke, H. Shaw, Harry O, Goldsack, Reid, Dawes, N. Brown, Didak, Cook, Cox, Dick, Maxwell, Rusling, Stanley, Swan =

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Judd, Stevens, Murphy, Gibbs, Kennedy, Hampson, Hartlett, Grigg, Jamison, Russell, Simpson, Walker, Bentick, Betts, Waite, Bower

Pfft no contest.

Add Lexus Centre.
Add Derek Hine.
Add $$$$$$$'s.
Add long term financial security.
Stable list, playing group, coaching staff.
Best of fitness and rehabilitation.
Add preseason in Arizona.
On site hyperbaric chambers.
Low flying private jets on call.

Be happy with what you got hypeboy. :thumbsu:

It is enough. Kangaroos, Bulldogs, basically any other team would KILL to be Collingwood incl. these Carlton **** so let them have their donut cos it's got no jam in it. We own the jam industry.

Edit: Largely thanks to Eddie McGuire!!! If you can remember 79-81 you can remember the late 90's before Eddie was prez and we a LOT better off now than then right? Who cares about a couple of players not choosing us, we can't force them and we can still beat them so why fret about it.

Because he is achieving nothing any more. In fact, judging by Judd;s rejection of him and what he represents, he is provign a hinderance.

He talks big but delivers small.

Let someone else have a go.

Such as? Eddie is a legendary president, the best in the league and he will be back hard core next season being Melbourne based again.

You watch what Collingwood do over this pre-season and see the fruit of it next season and tell me again we should get rid of Eddie.

I guarantee you won't.

Remove this Banner Ad

McGuire should resign

Remove this Banner Ad

Back