Game Day McMurphy Crows at the G v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually feel sorry for Rankine coming to a ****ed up club like this. No way do we get him if he wasn't home sick, Every thing is rotten from recruitment to coaching to the board, only a matter of time before Dan Curtin wants out and heads back home
Would not be surprised if Rankine entertained offers from a big Vic club if we continue down this path of playing scrubbers around him.
He is trying his ass off to watch dumbass team mates cost wins.

Would not be surprised if Rankine entertained offers from a big Vic club if we continue down this path of playing scrubbers around him.
He is trying his ass off to watch dumbass team mates cost wins.
Rankine seems to be a very supportive of team mates though, I've noticed him give McHenry an "it's ok" when he stuffed up.

Q4 of replay

Halfway through the last quarter

Fog marks at half forward, kicks towards Walker...

... and Chayce Jones competes in the air against him to bring it to ground :rolleyes:

Chayce, I know you're not a wingman but you're not a key forward either.

Q4 of replay

... and Chayce Jones competes in the air against him to bring it to ground :rolleyes:

Was a very Chayce Jones today. Just constantly getting skittled by a bad bounce, or ending up in the wrong spot, or getting sold into trouble, etc. Just couldn't get anything to work for him. The anti-Pendlebury.

At least it won't hurt too bad when he inevitably leaves to join the Tassie team. Hell, we might even get some decent compensation considering he'll likely be a 150 gamer in the "prime" of his career at that stage!

Was a very Chayce Jones today. Just constantly getting skittled by a bad bounce, or ending up in the wrong spot, or getting sold into trouble, etc. Just couldn't get anything to work for him. The anti-Pendlebury.

At least it won't hurt too bad when he inevitably leaves to join the Tassie team. Hell, we might even get some decent compensation considering he'll likely be a 150 gamer in the "prime" of his career at that stage!
And slipped over, fumbled, missed tackle.

He’s sure to go back to Tassie if they’d want him, but why would you?

They wouldn’t touch him currently.

Last edited:
Q4 of replay

Same passage of play on the re-entry he goes to the top of the square instead of going to the Collingwood spare who is on the line. Kick comes in and uncontested mark to the Collingwood spare

Well, not with that kind of marketing Froggy.

We'll just have to hope they're desperate for any form of Tasmanian connection. But with Brendon Gale at the helm we aren't dealing with a bunch of dunces.
Our best chance will be if we send them his underage footy tapes and change his dob.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same passage of play on the re-entry he goes to the top of the square instead of going to the Collingwood spare who is on the line. Kick comes in and uncontested mark to the Collingwood spare
Yeah, watching a bit more he's putting in an atrocious Q4 on the back of a poor game

Looks like the coaches have realised too. They're struggling to find a spot for him so have shifted him forward.

Early prediction: He'll be sub vs West Coast. First step to out of the team.

Rankine seems to be a very supportive of team mates though, I've noticed him give McHenry an "it's ok" when he stuffed up.
Yeah that's because Ned is the untouchable coaches pet.. it would just be awkward trying to listen to Nicks in the team meeting with Ned sitting on his knee.

Then you should have had fun last year since we just missed out on your expectation, did you have us in the top 4 or something and underachieved?
Nope failed last year and have only gone backwards this year

Nope failed last year and have only gone backwards this year
That wasn't the question, I asked whether you had fun watching us played last year. Strangely, I think our list has gone forward this year. Dawson continue his development to an elite midfielder after his slow start to the season. Soligo and Rankine has shown they are developing into A grader midfielders so potentially there's the A grade midfielder group we've been looking for, backline looks very good with the continue improvement of MM, Worrell and the emergence of Keane to compliment Murray then there's Cook (who still need to show a bit more) and Nankervis coming through. The ruck and forward line is still an issue, we need Thilthorpe either as the lead ruckman or KPF and Fogarty to step up next year and Welsh develop into a top 10 KPF pick prospect.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back