Coach McQualter Named As New West Coast Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
SEN has announced that Andrew McQualter will be formally appointed today as the new coach of West Coast narrowly edging out Haydyn Skipworth.

Great bloke, not sure he's a great coach. Eagles will need to bring in a couple of good tacticians around him IMO. Our midfield under performed for years when he was midfield coach and I reckon Dees posters would probably say the same thing (even though they had a couple of obvious reasons why).

Great bloke, not sure he's a great coach. Eagles will need to bring in a couple of good tacticians around him IMO. Our midfield under performed for years when he was midfield coach and I reckon Dees posters would probably say the same thing (even though they had a couple of obvious reasons why).
He was appointed midfield coach at the Tigers in 2016. Didn't you win three flags?

What a ridiculous statement to say you underperformed

He was appointed midfield coach at the Tigers in 2016. Didn't you win three flags?

What a ridiculous statement to say you underperformed
When the rules suited a gameplan when winning the ball back post clearance and we had peak Dusty, Prestia, Cotchin, Bolton etc yeah we did fine. When the game and rules changed and winning an actual clearance was important we were pathetic not only at winning them but also stopping the opposition winning them. Even when we brought in two apparent elite inside mids.

Do not rate his clearance work at all.

All the best to the club/coach. He doesn't strike me as the ruthless sort.. the sort that will demand the players go for a 5am swim on a Sunday morning after a 15 goal loss on the Saturday. But perhaps he connects more with the younger generation than some of the old heads.

When the rules suited a gameplan when winning the ball back post clearance and we had peak Dusty, Prestia, Cotchin, Bolton etc yeah we did fine. When the game and rules changed and winning an actual clearance was important we were pathetic not only at winning them but also stopping the opposition winning them. Even when we brought in two apparent elite inside mids.

Ill go tell West Coast they appointed a dud on the sayso of a random BF poster. What would decades of combined footy industry experience know in comparison to that?

I think your criticism is harsh and besides, line coach much different to head coach.

All the best to the club/coach. He doesn't strike me as the ruthless sort.. the sort that will demand the players go for a 5am swim on a Sunday morning after a 15 goal loss on the Saturday. But perhaps he connects more with the younger generation than some of the old heads.

Do those exist anymore?

I reckon he is better than Yze, will be interesting to see how Mini goes in the hotseat full-time though.
Nothing Yze has done has blown me away and McQualter's interim record is a lot better than Yze's who had the worst debut coaching record in the clubs history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um ok sure.

I reckon he is better than Yze, will be interesting to see how Mini goes in the hotseat full-time though.
Nothing Yze has done has blown me away and McQualter's interim record is a lot better than Yze's who had the worst debut coaching record in the clubs history.
To be fair he also had the worst injury list in the clubs history.

Good luck to mini, good to see another ex Richmond coach making it to the top.

Ill go tell West Coast they appointed a dud on the sayso of a random BF poster. What would decades of combined footy industry experience know in comparison to that?

I think your criticism is harsh and besides, line coach much different to head coach.
They also won three flags.

Clearly the poster has some kind of weird issue going on.

?
No it's not..I am saying the club have acknowledged the path they are now on - Full rebuild.
And the coach choice reflects this.
Absolutely zero contradiction.
Clearly you just have a bee in your bonnet about the Eagles and are looking for a straw man to argue with in your own mind.
Lol, wtf is this reply? I didn't even quote you.

Do those exist anymore?
No.

No point being "ruthless" with a shit list.
Won't get you far.

Didn't everyone say Fagan was too nice to be successful?

You need years to develop a side. You can't piss everyone off in th first year raving and ranting when Ur list is shit.
Fagan started with a spoon.

The Eagles list is diabolical..so he needs to time to develop.

Maybe. Yze was described as a tactical genius before he came though whereas Mini is more of a relationship guy, which given were now all of a sudden in full rebuild mode might actually be more what we need 🤦🏻

I didn't say he was a dud, champion. Just that I don't think he's great tactically and Eagles will need some solid assistants around him. Is that okay to say? 🙄
They also won three flags.

Clearly the poster has some kind of weird issue going on.
It's just an opinion I have based on watching him coach for the last 8 years or so at my own club. No need to carry on đź‘Ť

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach McQualter Named As New West Coast Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back