birdmanptr

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2004
My opinion and Daffodils
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool Lockleys FC
I tuned into aa after the game to hear them bagging us which they did led by sour grapes mcdermott.

What got me was people were ringing up having a go at mcdermott and he would not let them speak and get their point across

Like i have always said 5aa 2 points to every argument theirs and the wrong one.

Some one called him Chris Rucci i thought how apt

I tuned into aa after the game to hear them bagging us which they did led by sour grapes mcdermott.

What got me was people were ringing up having a go at mcdermott and he would not let them speak and get their point across

Like i have always said 5aa 2 points to every argument theirs and the wrong one.

Some one called him Chris Rucci i thought how apt

Why not, we were crap today. :mad:

He doesn’t have a chip on his shoulder; some of our supporter just cannot believe someone has the audacity to be critical.

He has every right to be critical as no one is beyond criticism especially after a poor effort like that today.

He doesn’t have a chip on his shoulder; some of our supporter just cannot believe someone has the audacity to be critical.

He has every right to be critical as no one is beyond criticism especially after a poor effort like that today.
Yep, good call.:thumbsu:

I don't think anyone can be critical enough of our insipid performance today.

1. We were crap today, of course we will be bagged, and rightly so.

2. Regardless, McDermott has a chip on his shoulder.

1. We were crap today, of course we will be bagged, and rightly so.

2. Regardless, McDermott has a chip on his shoulder.

Why? Because he is willing to call it as he sees it.

FFS – if Chris McDermott has a chip on his shoulder because he is willing to publicly criticize the Adelaide Football Club, 90% of this board does as well. There is not one player who has escaped condemnation by the masses.

Why do people listen to 5AA? I'd rather Big BT, JB and Gary any day of the week. Damn entertaining, tell it how it is and good insight a lot of the time. Not to mention the audio quality is much better.

If we were bagged after todays performance we deserve it. However, with McDermott when we win we are the best team in the comp and when we lose it's all doom and gloom. Reeks of amateur hour.

I heard that and McDermott was a laugh.

I was glad to hear him admit that he actually doesn't support any team in the AFL. He also said he is harsher on the crows more than any other side.
At least he's honest.

McDermott is okay but i do get pissed off at him when the crows are up he talks about them like they're gods along with neil craig but if they are down he talks about them as if there is no way we can win another match for the year...

-Ben

Fair dinkum... it's not Stalinist Russia.

Rucci is one thing, but some of the outbursts lately are bordering on the ridiculous.

"Sheehan doesn't rate Hudson :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: "
"5AA never again"

Newsflash #1 - in Australia the press is free and journalists have opinions.

Newsflash #2 - In some cases, shock horror, criticism is warranted.

In the past three weeks we've struggled to get over Richmond at home, struggled to get over Carlton at our second home and have been pantsed by a side that is 0-9.

We were atrocious today - how anyone can complain when it's pointed out the cracks we've been wallpapering over of late finally got exposed is beyond me.

McDemott = ****head

Used to play against him and thought much the same back then.
Pizzaheaded sook. Thought ( and still does) he was bigger than the game!!!!
Will never get over what Blighty and the Crows did to him back in the 90's.
One of the best things the Crows ever did!!!!!! Since then, has never had a positive thing to say about the Crows!

If we were bagged after todays performance we deserve it. However, with McDermott when we win we are the best team in the comp and when we lose it's all doom and gloom. Reeks of amateur hour.

So does this board then mate. Exactly the same from posters on here as from McDermott.

I mean who doesn't bag them when they lose then rave about them after a win.

McDemott = ****head

Used to play against him and thought much the same back then.
Pizzaheaded sook. Thought ( and still does) he was bigger than the game!!!!
Will never get over what Blighty and the Crows did to him back in the 90's.
One of the best things the Crows ever did!!!!!! Since then, has never had a positive thing to say about the Crows!

One of the most ridiculous posts I've ever had the misfortune of reading. Pizzahead??? Nice work ****er. Clearly your skin is completely unblemished and perfect. YOU ARE A DISGRACE.

Im sure its people on this board that have the chip on their shoulder rather than Chris. He and everyone else has every right to be critical of that rubbish that was served up today. If you accept performances like that mate then you mite as well barrack for Richmond. Todays performance was UNACCEPTABLE and the players and coaching staff should be held accountable for dishing that out.

As for your comments about Chris' appearance and personality(pizzahead and **** head)....The work that man has done in the community to aid children with serious illnesses and then we get idiots like you who have the nerve to call him childish names.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad for 2 Qs, yes, bad. Were about 8 goals down at one stage and lost by 2 1/2... get a grip we didn't lose by 20.

The margin of 17 points flattered us. We didn't deserve to be within 7 goals yesterday. We WERE atrocious.

The margin of 17 points flattered us. We didn't deserve to be within 7 goals yesterday. We WERE atrocious.

May I suggest we deserved to lose because of our application over the day, one quarter in particular, but we did deserve only a 17 point loss because of our application in the last quarter ?

4th was good. I thought we'd win until an umpie pinged Mcleod late and our surge was killed.

One and 1/2 good quarters, like one quarter last week. If we can string 4 of them together without wimpy attitude, we'll be a reasonable side.

Bad for 2 Qs, yes, bad. Were about 8 goals down at one stage and lost by 2 1/2... get a grip we didn't lose by 20.

Big picture stuff.

Our losses to Essendon and Collingwood were awful, regardless of how close we were at certain stages we were never in it.

In the past few weeks we've struggled to topple Richmond at home despite a healthy start, only got over Carlton late, and at one stage were down by 7 goals to a side that prior to yesterday was 0-9.

That 'comeback' in the last quarter was a junktime special. Melbourne had the game in their keeping and were tiring, we finally made some things happen which got the margin down a bit. The result however was never in doubt.

"Get a grip"? That's fine, but I'm glad we don't have a trip to Subiaco or Kardinia Park for awhile.

Well, I have said we've been lucky so far, and you underlined it with that. We've 3 HARD ones coming up and need a better mental hardness to do well. We've shown the odd quarter so we know we can do it.

The result however was never in doubt.

It was for me. Until the umpie stopped our run with the untimely Mcleod-non-free we looked to have a really good 50/50 chance with enough time to go and our tails well up.:thumbsu: I was there and the blood was a pumping and our local crowd was a shouting.

Big picture stuff.

Our losses to Essendon and Collingwood were awful, regardless of how close we were at certain stages we were never in it.

In the past few weeks we've struggled to topple Richmond at home despite a healthy start, only got over Carlton late, and at one stage were down by 7 goals to a side that prior to yesterday was 0-9.

That 'comeback' in the last quarter was a junktime special. Melbourne had the game in their keeping and were tiring, we finally made some things happen which got the margin down a bit. The result however was never in doubt.

"Get a grip"? That's fine, but I'm glad we don't have a trip to Subiaco or Kardinia Park for awhile.

Port supporter

The worst thing, and it may deserve it's own thread, is the manner in which we tend to lose.

When we lose, it generally seems to be from a lack of intensity and being 'switched on' - we rarely go head to head with teams where the lead changes; we're either on, or we're not.

Bit of a worry.

Port supporter.

Stands for???

Port Adelaide Football Club (1870-1996). Capice?

Don't question my level of support. Been a paid up, vocal member for over a decade and have seen the full gamut. From the lows of the Shaw era, to both flags (in the flesh, you?), to the ups and downs of the Ayres era to today.

If you're not happy with my criticisng the side, fine. Point out where I'm wrong.

But if you want to play the 'Port supporter' card then by all means head back to the Bay and we'll be even - completely irrelevant and the sign of a defective brain stem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Me and 5aa never ever again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back