Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

The SA must also do things for SA — first and foremost, even.

Moreover, someone needs to learn how to speak Victorian a.s.a.p. Any serious proposal that ultimately would improve SA football must be presented to the AFL in a language that Victorians would understand.

Last edited:

The SA must also do things for SA — first and foremost, even.
No, its far more insipid and narrowly based nepotism than that.

Haven't done any research but a quick flick through the paper on each visit to the local cafe, it sure seems to me that more feature articles on Glenelg winning the 2024 SANFL cup have appeared in the Advertiser over the past week than almost all of the past 10 premierships. Capel ('I have fond memories of sitting on my dad's shoulders watching the bays play' until finally when I reached the age of 35 he told me to get the feck off) seems to be writing about 2-3 a day.

Can only assume that SANFL has done some sort of advertising deal to fund this BS to counter the growing criticism of its relevance to the national game and the likelihood of Port and the crows leaving to a national AFL reserves comp.

And now the same septuagenarian Glenelg supporters and SANFL apologists who write this crap are actually referencing each other's own bloody articles as evidence that everyone gives a feck.

No, its far more insipid and narrowly based nepotism than that.

Haven't done any research but a quick flick through the paper on each visit to the local cafe, it sure seems to me that more feature articles on Glenelg winning the 2024 SANFL cup have appeared in the Advertiser over the past week than almost all of the past 10 premierships. Capel ('I have fond memories of sitting on my dad's shoulders watching the bays play' until finally when I reached the age of 35 he told me to get the feck off) seems to be writing about 2-3 a day.

Can only assume that SANFL has done some sort of advertising deal to fund this BS to counter the growing criticism of its relevance to the national game and the likelihood of Port and the crows leaving to a national AFL reserves comp.

And now the same septuagenarian Glenelg supporters and SANFL apologists who write this crap are actually referencing each other's own bloody articles as evidence that everyone gives a feck.

Deep down, the issue is that most SA footy people are clueless on what is actually best for SA footy…

We can shake our heads while we discuss or debate. No one says you have to agree with those stupid media comments. A question was asked and it was answered.
Official articles from the PAFC aren't "stupid media comments" though, they are official club propaganda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missing Someone ?

View attachment 2126624
Lol that's about how much anyone outside of our own supporters care about port. Happy for us to just be the Washington generals of the AFL

Also why any of their opinions or advice for port should be ignored

Deep down, the issue is that most SA footy people are clueless on what is actually best for SA footy…
Oh they know, they just don’t like that it’s a strong Port.

Oh they know, they just don’t like that it’s a strong Port.

It seems very Gaucho-like, unfortunately.

I love my home state, but the prevailing mentality here is that life is a “zero-sum” game. Hence, if others are winning, I could only be losing.

So people deliberately boycott each other, instead of cooperating with one another. Brazil grows, and we get far and far behind. We matter less and less. It’s mental.

There has been a diaspora for decades. We have colonies in many states. They prosper. We struggle.

Why is it every year we are tipped to slide, as we apparently over achieved with our dreadful list because of the brilliant mind of KH? Yet 4 out of last 5 seasons we’ve finished top 3 after the minor rounds, but just keep shitting the bed In finals.

I don’t see any reason with our current list profile even with Ken that we will slide out of the 8.

Or is missing the warmed up corpse of Dixon really going to hurt us?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back