News Media Thread, 2023: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For obvious reasons, I haven't watched a lot of the footy shows this year.

So thought I'd watch a few tonight knowing we wouldn't get any stick.

Caught the arse end of OTC where we got Brown's "bad" of the week.
"Where has it been boys"?

He must've forgotten Richmond got belted by 80 points.
Never mind.

Then watched the start of VFL 360
For her like of the week, Kath gave it to Carlton.
Carlton who beat the 16th club in the comp.

Meanwhile, GWS who beat Melbourne got crickets.

I lasted 3 minutes.

Now I know why I don't watch them.
FMD.

Last edited:

Cornes is in a petty game of one-upsmanship through his raft of media platforms because he’s shitty at Simpson and Nisbett for belittling him and his shock jock ways in past media interviews.

Sooky little campaigner he is.

I usually have a little chuckle when BigFooty autocorrects campaigner to campaigner. But when it comes to Kane Cornes, it annoys me, because he really is a campaigner.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Longy has a presser today. He's on now

Impressive kid both on and off the field.
I get the impression that he loves the Club and will be a one Club player.
Getting the sense that the kids are bonding very well and thats brings both energy and loyalty to a list.

From where we drafted him I think we have unearthed a really valuable nugget, that will have other Clubs doubling back to check their pre draft notes and scratching their heads wondering how they missed picking him up.

Impressive kid both on and off the field.
I get the impression that he loves the Club and will be a one Club player.
Getting the sense that the kids are bonding very well and thats brings both energy and loyalty to a list.

From where we drafted him I think we have unearthed a really valuable nugget, that will have other Clubs doubling back to check their pre draft notes and scratching their heads wondering how they missed picking him up.

I continue to be amazed at how he holds his own on an AFL field given his lack of size - he genuinely looks like a schoolboy still but he’s holding up really well

Liked that he acknowledged Cripps coming back in allowed him to play his own game a little more - shows the advantage of keeping SOME of those plus 30’s around

Liked that he acknowledged Cripps coming back in allowed him to play his own game a little more - shows the advantage of keeping SOME of those plus 30’s around

I'm the few games they played together at the start of the season I noticed Cripps giving him a lot of encouragement on field. He's a good mentor for him.

I'm the few games they played together at the start of the season I noticed Cripps giving him a lot of encouragement on field. He's a good mentor for him.

Yeah they seemed to be developing a pretty good chemistry together in a short space of time. Hopefully we see another 8 games of it to round out the season

I continue to be amazed at how he holds his own on an AFL field given his lack of size - he genuinely looks like a schoolboy still but he’s holding up really well

It's his decision making that amazes me. Even from up high in level 5, he was picking better options to kick to than I could, as he could spot leads down field through congestion.

His goal showed how quick he is too. Had fractions of a second to decide to have a shot and to get the ball drop right to pull it off.

It's his decision making that amazes me. Even from up high in level 5, he was picking better options to kick to than I could, as he could spot leads down field through congestion.

His goal showed how quick he is too. Had fractions of a second to decide to have a shot and to get the ball drop right to pull it off.

In the second quarter he marked a ball in space on the southern wing and there was a player on his own further forward but on the boundary. He didn’t take that option and there was rumbling in the crowd because he didn’t move it on quick enough

Then he kicks inboard ~40m to Cripps who marks on the run and in turn passes to Jack Williams on his own in the goal square

That goal probably doesn’t happen if he kicks to the out wide option

For a little guy he’s actually got good distance in his kicking as well

I love this kid.

He's got all the annoying traits that make elite small forwards elite (and annoying) but he's so damn likeable I don't think even an oppo supporter could hate the kid.

Maybe it's cuz I'm getting older and starting a family isn't far away, but I have this strange paternal feeling towards Longy - I just want good things for him!

I love this kid.

He's got all the annoying traits that make elite small forwards elite (and annoying) but he's so damn likeable I don't think even an oppo supporter could hate the kid.

Maybe it's cuz I'm getting older and starting a family isn't far away, but I have this strange paternal feeling towards Longy - I just want good things for him!
What's annoying about him?

What's annoying about him?
Nothing!

I might have muddled my post but I think the attributes that make a small forward good e.g. being quick, zippy, small, footy smart, good tackler and exuberant etc. - can be very annoying as an oppo supporter if the player is also a bit of a rat e.g. Ballantyne, Milne etc.

But Longy has none of that rattiness and that makes him very likeable - if that makes any sense at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back