Autopsy Round 24, 2023 - Positives and Negatives vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Postives
3 quarters was great in terms of desire to move the ball quickly to pressure on the defence without allowing them to setup helped largely by an incredible game by Kelly out of the middle.

Negatives
These are points that really need to begone away and look at in the off season and improved.

1. Fitness - we've got a bit of an old/young list with not alot in the middle but the crows won last night simply because they were able to run over us in the last. This list needs to get to the point they can run with teams for four quarters if not overrun teams themselves.

2. Disposal - saw far too much unpressured disposal not even up to WAFL level to be honest. Some of our players seems satisfied with having a kick against their name as opposed to having a polished damaging kick. Unpressured kicks shouldn't be missing when you kick a football every day of your life for a job and get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. This goes even moreso for missed handballs, shouldn't happen, have some pride in your disposal.

3. Defensive structure - playing 5-10m off your direct opponent so you can take intercept marks looks great but when you have an opposition forward kicking 9 by entering packs with noone on their hammer, something is wrong. Our defenders need to learn/want to shut down opposition forwards by playing directly on them and competing like defenders play directly on Jack each week.

4. Intent - a better end to the year but there were still players last night picking and choosing when to go. Bailey has had a good year but there are ruck contest where it's clear he just isn't trying hard enough to halve the contest. If you don't want to give full effort to every contest go be a WAFL hero, this needs to be a focus in the offseason.

Optimism
There's players on this list that I'm going to be very excited about how they come back from an off season, Jack and Bailey Williams building their tank further, Maric coming back off a professional offseason and seeing how all of Ginbey, Hewett, Long, Hough, Bazzo, Culley can come back.

There's talent on this list it just needs to have the fitness and desire to do what it takes to progress to a premiership team.

Glad the year is over but it's been fun in the game day threads with you all. Onto the draft thread!

+ End of a gut wrenching season with some atrocious records I hope to see no other West Coast team go near.

- Throughout West Coast's history we seem to never get up in retirement games :(

Postives
3 quarters was great in terms of desire to move the ball quickly to pressure on the defence without allowing them to setup helped largely by an incredible game by Kelly out of the middle.

Negatives
These are points that really need to begone away and look at in the off season and improved.

1. Fitness - we've got a bit of an old/young list with not alot in the middle but the crows won last night simply because they were able to run over us in the last. This list needs to get to the point they can run with teams for four quarters if not overrun teams themselves.

2. Disposal - saw far too much unpressured disposal not even up to WAFL level to be honest. Some of our players seems satisfied with having a kick against their name as opposed to having a polished damaging kick. Unpressured kicks shouldn't be missing when you kick a football every day of your life for a job and get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. This goes even moreso for missed handballs, shouldn't happen, have some pride in your disposal.

3. Defensive structure - playing 5-10m off your direct opponent so you can take intercept marks looks great but when you have an opposition forward kicking 9 by entering packs with noone on their hammer, something is wrong. Our defenders need to learn/want to shut down opposition forwards by playing directly on them and competing like defenders play directly on Jack each week.

4. Intent - a better end to the year but there were still players last night picking and choosing when to go. Bailey has had a good year but there are ruck contest where it's clear he just isn't trying hard enough to halve the contest. If you don't want to give full effort to every contest go be a WAFL hero, this needs to be a focus in the offseason.

Optimism
There's players on this list that I'm going to be very excited about how they come back from an off season, Jack and Bailey Williams building their tank further, Maric coming back off a professional offseason and seeing how all of Ginbey, Hewett, Long, Hough, Bazzo, Culley can come back.

There's talent on this list it just needs to have the fitness and desire to do what it takes to progress to a premiership team.

Glad the year is over but it's been fun in the game day threads with you all. Onto the draft thread!
good post

I was encouraged to see Roth go back with the flight late in the third I think it was. Yes he got crunched and got up sore but he impacted the contest with a spoil and showed a hard edge that to date has been noticeably absent from his game.

If we wants to stay on the list long term those are the Bungaesque efforts that are required.
He won a pretty decisive ruck contest against a much taller player too. Has an underrated leap on him. Needs to be played in attacking roles - hopefully Jayden can have a continued influence on him.

He won a pretty decisive ruck contest against a much taller player too. Has an underrated leap on him. Needs to be played in attacking roles - hopefully Jayden can have a continued influence on him.

He has outstanding physical attributes and is a penetrating kick and could be a very effective wingman. The problem of Gaff owning one wing for eternity appears to be coming to an end and I think he could really flourish if given the chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone else find it odd that Nic Nat didn't wear single stitch of club gear or club colours? Even JK was wearing a Shuey shirt.

Also found it a bit odd.

Legit reckon it's because the big fella has blown out a bit and the loose white shirt covered things up a bit. Even then people said how huge he looked.

Did anyone else find it odd that Nic Nat didn't wear single stitch of club gear or club colours? Even JK was wearing a Shuey shirt.
Yep very weird now that I think about it.
As if he was asked to attend last minute lol although he was always meant to toss the coin.
Surely wearing some club merch wouldn't have been a stretch.
Maybe he was pissed about the club not making a retirement shirt for him unlike the other 2. 😂

Great effort from the boys against a decent Adelaide side. Even though the club did not get the win to send off the legends they showed potential of the future. I see us finishing last as a positive since the club is in need of draft picks and the club has the opportunity to draft a generational talent. We would've been overrun if Darling converted his shot or if Hewitt spotted Allen who's open. Looking forward for the future. Allen can become Coleman potential if we get more supply with Darling being the perfect second tall.

As the legendary Muhammad Ali said ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'” We'll have to live through this downed period but will rise back up and have a nice premiership side. Freo fans of course shitting on us but I'm sure we'd do the same if they were in our position but the difference is that they have no flags and we have four flags and I'm sure we'll win another flag before they do since they seem to be a middling side.

You either contend or rebuild (finish bottom 4) otherwise if you are middling then you'll have a side that's too good to bottom out but not good enough to contend (just like Essendon).

Yeah that was really weird. Looked huge.

Should've just had his WCE jacket on

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

positives
We don't have to read any i a wanna lose for pick one comments.or we should tank.
First three quarters were good.Yes Adelaide were inaccurate like a lot of games which they lost but at least we were hitting the scoreboard unlike earlier in the year when we were leaking goals and just not scoring.

Negatives
A horrible last quarter.
Too many silly turnovers especially the last quarter
Sps.i have watched him the last couple of weeks and he has proven that he is delist material.Last week he couldn't kick a straightforward goal but his all round game is woeful.He is just lacking skills.Drops easy marks,fumbles,makes too many mistakes.
Mcgovern.gave Tex too much room.Just needed to punch the ball away at every opportunity.Was a awful game after last week.IT shows why we need Barrass.

I read it as being respectful to his teammates who were actually playing.

JK is a fan now so it made more sense to wear a tshirt.

But ya, probably could have thrown on a scarf.

Also found it a bit odd.

Legit reckon it's because the big fella has blown out a bit and the loose white shirt covered things up a bit. Even then people said how huge he looked.
Probably should've raided Chesser's closet for a club uniform that would've been a bit more flattering

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 24, 2023 - Positives and Negatives vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back