News Media Thread, 2023: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh they updated it again to further clarify...

"A meeting was believed to be held to discuss exit strategies before most of the board headed to Mineral Resources Park for a sponsor’s lunch with key stakeholders."

lol

Oh they updated it again to further clarify...

"A meeting was believed to be held to discuss exit strategies before most of the board headed to Mineral Resources Park for a sponsor’s lunch with key stakeholders."

lol
Hey Nissie, we aren't going to stab you in the back. Now here, drink this wine.
Nek minnit Joffrey scene GOT.

YWluSW1hZ2U

Six letter word, beginning with J and rhyming with Plunkett.
To be fair, given the board members are all volunteers I would've thought a trip to Melbourne wasn't too over the top.

To be fair, given the board members are all volunteers I would've thought a trip to Melbourne wasn't too over the top.

Also to be fair most of those board members are multi millionaires who would have been sat at the front of the bus or on their own private jet

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast Eagles coach Adam Simpson claims ‘I’m not coaching for my job’ against North Melbourne​

Mitchell WoodcockThe West Australian
Thu, 27 July 2023 9:09PM

Mitchell Woodcock
West Coast coach Adam Simpson says he is not coaching for his job against fellow strugglers North Melbourne despite immense pressure on the struggling cub.
Both the Eagles and Kangaroos have lost their past 16 games ahead of their meeting at Optus Stadium on Sunday.
The clash is seen as a must-win for the struggling Eagles, who will almost certainly claim their second wooden spoon in their history should they lose.
Simpson, who is under pressure despite being signed for a further two seasons, said they didn’t need the win to turn the narrative.

“Maybe it takes the attention off the club, but it’s no different whether we win or lose this week with the direction of the club,” Simpson told 6PR.
“I know it might feel like that’s what’s needed and we’d love to have a win, but it’s not for that reason. It’s to try to advance the development of our younger players.
“I’m not coaching for my job, not doing whatever it takes to win a game. We continue to develop a path and the rebuild that we’re on and it just takes time.”
There are reports Australia-wide that Simspon and chief executive Trevor Nisbett could be on their way out of the club amid three wins in their past 44 games.
Simpson said he was “immune” to the speculation because he didn’t consume the media.
“I‘m a little bit immune to it because I just don’t look at it,” Simpson said.

“I don’t get into the paper, I don’t have social media and I’m just trying to do my job.
“I see it happening every now and then to other coaches and other clubs. So I get it, but it doesn’t really affect what I’m trying to do at this point, so that’s business as usual for mine.”

Helping West Coast’s cause to get a win could be the return of two-time All-Australian Elliot Yeo from a hip injury.
Yeo was named on the extended bench and Simpson said they were yet to decide what they would do with the premiership star.
“We had main training today (Thursday) and he got through that really well so now it’s just about what we do and if he pulls up well,” Simpson said.
“Do we manage his minutes? Do we sub him? Or do we stick him on ball or possibly down back?
“We’ll work through that in the next 24 hours and him being available is really important. Obviously, he is one of their best players.”

It was a sponsors lunch, lads

Leadership Luncheon:

Agenda Item 1: How to facilitate payments outside of the soft cap

Agenda Item 2: How many HJs will satisfy $6M

Agenda Item 3: Draft letter to fans from their friend Nizzy.

Burgers supplied by Hungry Jack's. Chardonnay provided at guest's expense.

West Coast Eagles coach Adam Simpson claims ‘I’m not coaching for my job’ against North Melbourne​

Mitchell WoodcockThe West Australian
Thu, 27 July 2023 9:09PM

Mitchell Woodcock
West Coast coach Adam Simpson says he is not coaching for his job against fellow strugglers North Melbourne despite immense pressure on the struggling cub.
Both the Eagles and Kangaroos have lost their past 16 games ahead of their meeting at Optus Stadium on Sunday.
The clash is seen as a must-win for the struggling Eagles, who will almost certainly claim their second wooden spoon in their history should they lose.
Simpson, who is under pressure despite being signed for a further two seasons, said they didn’t need the win to turn the narrative.

“Maybe it takes the attention off the club, but it’s no different whether we win or lose this week with the direction of the club,” Simpson told 6PR.
“I know it might feel like that’s what’s needed and we’d love to have a win, but it’s not for that reason. It’s to try to advance the development of our younger players.
“I’m not coaching for my job, not doing whatever it takes to win a game. We continue to develop a path and the rebuild that we’re on and it just takes time.”
There are reports Australia-wide that Simspon and chief executive Trevor Nisbett could be on their way out of the club amid three wins in their past 44 games.
Simpson said he was “immune” to the speculation because he didn’t consume the media.
“I‘m a little bit immune to it because I just don’t look at it,” Simpson said.

“I don’t get into the paper, I don’t have social media and I’m just trying to do my job.
“I see it happening every now and then to other coaches and other clubs. So I get it, but it doesn’t really affect what I’m trying to do at this point, so that’s business as usual for mine.”

Helping West Coast’s cause to get a win could be the return of two-time All-Australian Elliot Yeo from a hip injury.
Yeo was named on the extended bench and Simpson said they were yet to decide what they would do with the premiership star.
“We had main training today (Thursday) and he got through that really well so now it’s just about what we do and if he pulls up well,” Simpson said.
“Do we manage his minutes? Do we sub him? Or do we stick him on ball or possibly down back?
“We’ll work through that in the next 24 hours and him being available is really important. Obviously, he is one of their best players.”
If we didn't get the flick after the Sydney loss, he won't get the flick after losing to the Kangaroos.

Nisbett needs to go more than Simpson does anyway. Hopefully that's a given, regardless of results for the rest of the season.

If we didn't get the flick after the Sydney loss, he won't get the flick after losing to the Kangaroos.

Nisbett needs to go more than Simpson does anyway. Hopefully that's a given, regardless of results for the rest of the season.
Absolutely agree on Simpson. I feel/suspect/etc that the board has agreed a clear direction and are sticking the course. This upsets the media who are left with no hysteria to report on sensationally. Some will invent their own to garner readers/viewers and the resulting advertising revenue.

On Nisbett - I have thought for some years that a management refresh is required. It is public that he is onboard til the end of next year. Should this be fast tracked? The quick answer is why not. The considered answer is that it takes up to six months to identify and engage the right replacement, has this process commenced - I don't know. CEO of WC differs from like positions in some clubs (who run a footy club) as WC CEO runs a far more significant and diverse business as well as a footy club. This narrows the choice of appropriatly qualified candidates.

Perhaps the club/board is considering this and are looking at restructuring management to better reflect this - It could have more to do with this that a relatively simple recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back