News Media Thread, 2023: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're working alongside him at SEN then they'll have to join in

It's Hutchys entire business model (along with gambling)
All this Reid rubbish about him not wanting to leave Vic stems from SEN also. It's just a weird circle-jerk.

Looks like we won't get to see C.Young take pot-shots at Freo behind the scenes this year.

Roo re-signs, star Blue's cousin on the rise, Sun to seek new home

TRADE DOCO PAUSED
THE FOCUS on this year's trade period will again be immense but without the documentary cameras this time around.
Show Me The Money has tracked leading players and agents over the past two trade and free agency periods, including going behind-the-scenes for major moves of Rory Lobb, Brodie Grundy, Jack Bowes, Jacob Hopper, Griffin Logue, Adam Cerra and Bobby Hill.
The first season aired for the 2021 exchange period as a four-part series before a documentary length production was also screened on Stan last year covering the 2022 player movement period.
However, the series will not be back for a 2023 edition this trade period as another busy month of players switching clubs is in store.
It is expected to return in a format next year, with likely a number of potential options and avenues for its broadcast.

I wonder, if we somehow we have everything come together and gel next year and miraculously get mid table knocking on the 8, will we get reciprocal praise as much as the bashing we got this year.

I'm betting we go back to being pretty much ignored by everyone but the Worst.
We will be flat track bullies again, put money on it.

After the past few years we've had, that would be some improvement.

In fact, I'd take being flat track bullies over being any track bullied victim any day of the week.
Me too, i was ment to say when we do finally Rise and have some good wins, the media will use the flat track bullshit again. Not necessarily next year. I noticed they were using it on Adelaide this year, who had some very good wins at home and should have been praised for it, but no, flat track bullshit.

Last edited:
Kane Cornes on The Round So Far talking about the Jack Martin suspension " It's not high contact, he's gone for a tackle, there was no malice in it".

Well, it is high contact, he didn't try to tackle and there was malice in it.

Guy is a fool.

Honestly.

If this gets downgraded to a week, it's a farce.

How can Cornes say it wasn't high contact and it was an attempted tackle!

b352b2d93e1483329816755ed395327c46528871

Interesting that both Ross Lyon and Chris Scott on 360 tonight think Maynard will/should go.

The coaches are usually best placed to judge these incidents IMO.

Earlier on I was thinking he would get cleared, now I think he might go.

Collingwood would appeal any suspension you'd think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In fairness to Kane, he hasn’t been kind to Port, but it’s only to the points that suit his agenda.

Ie

• Port have holes in their list
  • need a key defender and a ruckman
  • need midfield depth, can’t leave it all to Butters and Rozee

All of which completely disappeared in their 13 game winning streak, but will come out again supporting Hinkley for leading them to above average result this year, despite the clear leg up they got with the soft fixture.

Biggest flat track bullies in town, Port, and I’m unsure whether that will change with the list they have.

Yes but I'm looking forward to the tougher draw they receive next year for finishing top 4 this year after signing him up again based on 1 of his patented home and away finishes.

Nizzy presser/members email to announce he'll be there another year seemed completely pointless & plain bizarre tbh.
Should only be happening if he's leaving immediately, which we already knew he wasn't going to.
It was an open explanation of the process and way ahead - very reasonable. But, the sale of tin foil hats has obviously gone through the roof based on comments abounding.

Jon Ralph is just getting worse.

DEV Robertson’s strong form in the back half of the season has him more likely to remain with the Lions on a new deal.

Brisbane mid-forward Robertson has interest from West Coast in a year in which he went viral after his scrap with Pies rivals saw him running around shirtless for several minutes.

Robertson is seen as extremely loyal to the Lions and enjoys Brisbane so while he is undecided he is favouring signing a new one or two-year deal.

Brisbane has an array of young midfield talent only set to improve next year when Will Ashcroft’s brother Levi joins the club as a father-son.

But it would be hard to leave perennial contenders Brisbane for the hapless Eagles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back