News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Duff made a good point on his show this morning re: today's front page of The West.

He said something like the paper has lost sight of its role as a record for significant moments in time. Historians use paper front pages to document and record significant events.

Imagine if someone in 100 years' time wanted to see what the front page read at the event of Simmo's sacking? It is unusable.

Shows what a piece of crap the paper is.

The West as a whole started to lean more towards gross tabloid nonsense around the time De Ceglie came on as editor in chief. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the muck racking tabloid filth started to creep into the football/sports section right around the time that Duff departed.

Loving this continued backlash, maybe it will be enough to be the end of old mate sports editor…

I wish I was rich. I'd buy out The West and start a few sackings of my own. Might get Simmo in as HR manager.

Episode 12 GIF by Friends

If you put money over your player and coaches welfare, then you got problems at your club

Media attacks clearly impacted Simmo mentally so we should probably stand up for him when we need to

Still not simple. Ripping up a big contract is never simple, take it from me.

For example, that’s precisely the reason we had the Farewell Simpson press conference yesterday and not 12 months ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll just leave this here…. Woodcock speaks out

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just disgusting. Completely abdicates any responsibility and no comments the front and back page.
Woodcock was fine in that - and he's correct - it's the editors I have issue with, not the journos.

Can only say it so many times and we’ll never fully win the fight.

Don’t click. Don’t reply to say they’re campaigners. Don’t quote tweet it to say how ****ed it is.

Let them die alone in a vacuum. They trade on your outrage, they don’t sell enough papers to trade on anything else. Starve them.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back