News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

I found this a good read. Some really interesting graphics in there. With everything that's happened over the past 3 years, it's easy to forgot just how damaging a side we were. The West should take notice of how real journalism looks.

Can only say it so many times and we’ll never fully win the fight.

Don’t click. Don’t reply to say they’re campaigners. Don’t quote tweet it to say how ****ed it is.

Let them die alone in a vacuum. They trade on your outrage, they don’t sell enough papers to trade on anything else. Starve them.

I found this a good read. Some really interesting graphics in there. With everything that's happened over the past 3 years, it's easy to forgot just how damaging a side we were. The West should take notice of how real journalism looks.

From a purely financial standpoint, they might have the best set up in the league and have the capacity to spend into the football department luxury tax should they so choose.

They've also got some key pieces that could promise contention sooner rather than later to a coach who can tap into their list. The Eagles aren't the finished product right now, but they look closer to an upswing than another down. Sometimes a different voice — and game plan — can do wonders for a side.

Great article. Journalism and analysis an order of magnitude better than The West with a fraction of the budget. So much for corporate efficiency.

Our efficiency going i50 in the 2018 premiership era was always a ticking time bomb. Could never sustain that long term. When that returned to the average post-JK/Nic-Nat/Shuey, and eventually regressed further, combined with the ease at which teams go inside 50 against us (that "points per i50 conceded" graph is diabolical), we arrive at the shit-show we are now. It is scary to think we can get worse as McGovern and Barrass are phased out with no suitable replacements. Those already diabolical points per i50 conceded numbers have the potential to become utterly cataclysmic. Although I do expect our team defense to improve, so hopefully won't be as reliant on the individual brilliance of our interceptors going forward.

Great article. Journalism and analysis an order of magnitude better than The West with a fraction of the budget. So much for corporate efficiency.

Our efficiency going i50 in the 2018 premiership era was always a ticking time bomb. Could never sustain that long term. When that returned to the average post-JK/Nic-Nat/Shuey, and eventually regressed further, combined with the ease at which teams go inside 50 against us (that "points per i50 conceded" graph is diabolical), we arrive at the shit-show we are now. It is scary to think we can get worse as McGovern and Barrass are phased out with no suitable replacements. Those already diabolical points per i50 conceded numbers have the potential to become utterly cataclysmic. Although I do expect our team defense to improve, so hopefully won't be as reliant on the individual brilliance of our interceptors going forward.
You would think whoever our next senior coach is, they’ll get the job based on some sort of defensive mindset. Look at team defence to come in as the first big change to how the boys play.

You would think whoever our next senior coach is, they’ll get the job based on some sort of defensive mindset. Look at team defence to come in as the first big change to how the boys play.
I would be for this. To start being competitive again you have to actually be IN games, and if you play in such a way that your opponent has a hard time getting 3-4 goals in front of you, then half the job is done.

Its boring, but it works.

EDIT: And it wouldnt hurt a certain couple of blokes in the side to learn a defensive aspect to their game, either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking a Dean Cox fresh off an apprenticeship at Sydney but sure, we have the money to cover Ross Lyons legal (and hair transplant) fee’s.

As the backline declines without Gov and TB we will have an ascending midfield and be giving up a lot less D50s. Hard to have three elite lines all at once.

We've been blessed with exceptional key back talent forever, and I hope it continues, but when those boys leave our midfield should not be anywhere near as dire.

Why?

Give us some examples of things Woodcock said or wrote that you think crossed a a red line and that he should apologise for.

I’d rather woodcock asking the coach difficult or uncomfortable questions than have to listen to Barich throw marshmallow questions like he has the past 30 years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’d rather woodcock asking the coach difficult or uncomfortable questions than have to listen to Barich throw marshmallow questions like he has the past 30 years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Difficult questions are fine, it’s the rubbish front / back page spreads like today that are just tasteless. (Maybe more the editor, but Woodcock still puts his name to a lot of rubbish)

It’s true that Simmo has lost a lot of games the last 3 years, but todays effort from the West is the equivalent of writing an obituary about Woodcock calling him a flog campaigner

As the backline declines without Gov and TB we will have an ascending midfield and be giving up a lot less D50s. Hard to have three elite lines all at once.

We've been blessed with exceptional key back talent forever, and I hope it continues, but when those boys leave our midfield should not be anywhere near as dire.
Yep, just look at Sydney. Elite midfield and only 1 good KPD in McCartin(no disrespect to melican) and they've been by far the best team of the year.

Likely sub?

Difficult questions are fine, it’s the rubbish front / back page spreads like today that are just tasteless. (Maybe more the editor, but Woodcock still puts his name to a lot of rubbish)

It’s true that Simmo has lost a lot of games the last 3 years, but todays effort from the West is the equivalent of writing an obituary about Woodcock calling him a flog campaigner
you keep talking about it and it will continue

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back