News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

I spoke to my sibling who is high up in the West Australian and they told me that they had s***loads of cancellations of subscriptions due to that front page the other day. They had emergency meetings of management over it and Kerry himself was getting involved.

And they had lots of really nasty phone calls with pretty bad verbal abuse from non - subscribers. Which is bizarre. Who rings up a business they are not even a customer of to abuse the minimum wage worker whose job it is to answer the phone?

They are in financial trouble. The Covid money has run out and the collapse of the deals with the social media companies is really hurting them. At the same time they are a mouthpiece and messaging service for the government to control public opinion and frame issues in the way the establishment wants the public to perceive them. So i am sure a way to bung more tax payer cash to them to keep the enterprise going will be found.

I told my parents to stop subscribing to that rot after all the Harley backpages and that Waddell blokes gloatfest about it on Twitter. Those guys can get stuffed but I wouldn't want the actual decent, hard working people over there to lose their jobs over it, if you say is true.

I spoke to my sibling who is high up in the West Australian and they told me that they had s***loads of cancellations of subscriptions due to that front page the other day. They had emergency meetings of management over it and Kerry himself was getting involved.

And they had lots of really nasty phone calls with pretty bad verbal abuse from non - subscribers. Which is bizarre. Who rings up a business they are not even a customer of to abuse the minimum wage worker whose job it is to answer the phone?

They are in financial trouble. The Covid money has run out and the collapse of the deals with the social media companies is really hurting them. At the same time they are a mouthpiece and messaging service for the government to control public opinion and frame issues in the way the establishment wants the public to perceive them. So i am sure a way to bung more tax payer cash to them to keep the enterprise going will be found.
🎻

I told my parents to stop subscribing to that rot after all the Harley backpages and that Waddell blokes gloatfest about it on Twitter. Those guys can get stuffed but I wouldn't want the actual decent, hard working people over there to lose their jobs over it, if you say is true.
It really is hard not to feel bad for these guys

IMG_6651.jpeg

They made their bed …

No sympathy.

This is the sports editor who makes all the calls on what is on the backpage. Including the non - stop Harley Reid stuff.

The general editor makes the decisions about what is on the front page and he is still defending the front page on the grounds that the only thing worse than people saying bad things about your paper is nobody talking about it at all.

At the same time they are a mouthpiece and messaging service for the government to control public opinion and frame issues in the way the establishment wants the public to perceive them. So i am sure a way to bung more tax payer cash to them to keep the enterprise going will be found.

My sibling who works high up in the government says that’s horse droppings and points you to the numerous front pages attacking the government.

They frame issues in the way they think will sell more papers. Sometimes that’s supporting the government, sometimes it’s attacking the government.

Talking about Simmo’s farewell being all about respect ‘except for one West Australian in particular.’

Who? Or The West Australian?

It was a pointed jibe at the one who calls themselves “The West Australian”

Who purport to represent the state but do a very piss poor job of it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t think Ch 7 would be adding much to the bank balance either.

Media empire in trouble methinks.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
They are bringing it on themselves.

I was one of those who cancelled last week. They have had a lot of feedback from a lot of people, especially this year, about their immaturity, and they haven't taken a scrap of notice.

They are bringing it on themselves.

I was one of those who cancelled last week. They have had a lot of feedback from a lot of people, especially this year, about their immaturity, and they haven't taken a scrap of notice.

Agree with all of that.

Ch 9 reporting they are likely to lose $60m on Olympic coverage this year. Apparently TV advertising climate is pretty grim at the moment.

Leads me to wonder whether or not Ch7 is making profit on AFL - Foxtell I’m sure is because of paid subscriptions - Ch 7 not so sure.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some of the names on this list...especially our guy....

It’s a pretty narrow criteria- must have played at least 6 games and must have missed 6 games

So only players who’ve played between 6 and 11 games qualify

We have 7 in that range- Ryan, Rotham, Jones, L Edwards, Sheed, Brockman and Long. Rotham was the only one who played in all 3 wins

Sydney only had 1 who qualified. Thats because they have 15 players who haven’t missed a game and 23 who have played at least 13

It’s a pretty narrow criteria- must have played at least 6 games and must have missed 6 games

So only players who’ve played between 6 and 11 games qualify

We have 7 in that range- Ryan, Rotham, Jones, L Edwards, Sheed, Brockman and Long. Rotham was the only one who played in all 3 wins

Sydney only had 1 who qualified. Thats because they have 15 players who haven’t missed a game and 23 who have played at least 13
Seems so restrictive/narrow as to be a worthless exercise.

Seems so restrictive/narrow as to be a worthless exercise.

Just wait til you see my "times I ate ice cream and it rained on the same day over a month" table.

What a pile of useless shit by Fox.

Some of the names on this list...especially our guy....

See, this is the kind of handpicked statistics that we've all been waiting for.

No Rotham = No wins.

This year, when Rotham has more than 10 disposals West Coast are 3-0.

Rotham to the midfield already, amirite? ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back